Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    My issue that i forsee with peeps like me who has RSI or other hand injuries, holding down buttons to empore ia waay more taxing then an click, if you then raid for 3 hours it will be incredible painful. Holding down something is a constant strain, while clicking still has a moment of relax.
    There is a setting for that already in alpha. You press to start empowering and then you can press the button again to trigger the spell at the current empower level instead of press and hold.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlon View Post
    There is a setting for that already in alpha. You press to start empowering and then you can press the button again to trigger the spell at the current empower level instead of press and hold.
    Iam shocked in horror it is in it, its like, they thought of something for future QoL. Iam lost at words actually. Means i can get to try the class too!

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,812
    now make "Chosen Identity" for Worgens,

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    now make "Chosen Identity" for Worgens
    No can do, sir.

    You see, this is OLD stuff. We don't do old stuff. We only do new stuff here.

    What's next, asking that bombing runs with items in TBC should be recoded as vehicles with buttons?

    MADNESS, I TELL YOU.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This basically confirms all my concerns and fears for Dragonriding - it's a fun concept, but in practice it'll have to many cumbersome limitations that it'll wear out quickly and become annoying more than entertaining in no time flat.
    I watched a couple streams/videos and consensus so far is that it's a lot of fun. Longterm needs to be seen, but your normal mounts are still there If you have enough of dragonriding. I'm excited to try it myself from what I've seen.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by verylargeprime View Post
    If they don't want to "encroach on the space" of flying, adding More Complicated Worse Flying doesn't seem like a great move.
    So don't use it. Regular flying will remain in the same capacity as before. Dragonriding just seems like a better way of flying to me if done well.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I watched a couple streams/videos and consensus so far is that it's a lot of fun. Longterm needs to be seen, but your normal mounts are still there If you have enough of dragonriding.
    EVENTUALLY.

    The fact that they're not presenting it as an actual choice is a red flag for me. If it's so fun, why not let people choose? Surely if they want things to be fun they'd choose dragonriding over flying anyway. RIGHT?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    EVENTUALLY.
    The fact that they're not presenting it as an actual choice is a red flag for me. If it's so fun, why not let people choose? Surely if they want things to be fun they'd choose dragonriding over flying anyway. RIGHT?
    No, because allowing both at start limits design space around the new mechanic. For example, having dragon riding allows them to create certain obstacles that require skillful use of said dragon riding to beat, even in the simplest form of getting from A to B (with B being unaccessible by foot). Allowing for normal flying defeats the purpose of that.

    It can also influence presentation heavily (even things like story presentation created with dragon riding in mind). With dragon riding various limits imposed on the players, some areas may or may not be available to players depending on their current mastery of dragon riding. Simply put, it allows the designers to prevent you from reaching places they don't want you to reach yet (because of story structure etc. etc.), whereas with old flying you can get anywhere with no limitations at all. Limiting access to certain places is an important part of leading the player through the story in many, many games, and they may want to make use of it in Dragonflight.

  9. #29
    Kind of happy about that Dracthyr change. I don't like the visage form, and the less time I can spend in it, the better.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This basically confirms all my concerns and fears for Dragonriding - it's a fun concept, but in practice it'll have to many cumbersome limitations that it'll wear out quickly and become annoying more than entertaining in no time flat.
    It's only the first stage of Alpha, of course it's going to have a rough start and needs time to develop and yet folks are treating it like it's the final stage.

    I'd rather they get it right and working than put it on the list of "Dead Expansion Features" because this actually has potential.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It's only the first stage of Alpha
    I'm commenting on what I've seen. I don't comment on what I MIGHT see at some point in the future. If and when those things actually happen, I'll comment again.

    That's just me, though. Other people might want to do things differently.

  12. #32
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That's fine, for old geezers convenience is often more important than fun.
    Fun is subjective. I like to get to where I am going ASAP, so I can do the content I want to do. Not a mini game to do the game.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Fun is subjective. I like to get to where I am going ASAP, so I can do the content I want to do. Not a mini game to do the game.
    Then I have wonderful news for you: according to tests, dragon riding is overall over double the speed of normal flying mounts!
    Anyway, it's kinda not up to the players what's "proper content" and what's not. That's for the devs to decide, and if they decide dragon riding is "proper content", you gonna do it. Imposing limitations on players is part of what a game is. I could argue that it's more fun for me to just open the chest and get the loot, but sadly, I need to kill the boss first.

    So if you think dragon riding is so bad you just can't stand to do it, the best thing to do would be to go play something else and wait until they unlock normal flying.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-07-19 at 11:56 AM.

  14. #34
    Chosen Identity? Identity isn't a choice, you are who you are, this bigotry will not stand!

    The concept is interesting and it should be extended to Worgen. That aside, it feels kind of silly that Dracthyr visages are all the same race (granted, with "body 1-body 2") unlike the other dragons that can look like Humans, Elves, Gnomes, etc. They should just stop pretending that there's a lot of customization and identity options within the game, it's fine the way it is, just stop touting it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    EVENTUALLY.

    The fact that they're not presenting it as an actual choice is a red flag for me. If it's so fun, why not let people choose? Surely if they want things to be fun they'd choose dragonriding over flying anyway. RIGHT?
    IF they allow normal flying from day one, NOBODY will use dragonriding. Not because dragonriding is not fun, but because normal flying is far more convenient and people always take the p-ath of least resistance. People need to stop with this strawman.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Then I have wonderful news for you: according to tests, dragon riding is overall over double the speed of normal flying mounts!
    Anyway, it's kinda not up to the players what's "proper content" and what's not. That's for the devs to decide, and if they decide dragon riding is "proper content", you gonna do it. Imposing limitations on players is part of what a game is. I could argue that it's more fun for me to just open the chest and get the loot, but sadly, I need to kill the boss first.

    So if you think dragon riding is so bad you just can't stand to do it, the best thing to do would be to go play something else and wait until they unlock normal flying.
    Hoaw abo9ut you not tell people what to do? Who made you dictator of who should and should not play the game?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Hoaw abo9ut you not tell people what to do? Who made you dictator of who should and should not play the game?
    How can I tell people what to do? I don't make the game, devs do. They tell you what to do; it's their job - I've only commented on it.
    You people really are as fragile as snowflakes sometimes.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Sounds like an absolute ball-ache to me. I can't wait to ditch the flappy dragon mini game as quickly as possible.
    Well have fun being left behind then. Because with how fast just the base dragonriding is, people using it will just zoom past anyone using a normal flying mount.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So don't use it. Regular flying will remain in the same capacity as before. Dragonriding just seems like a better way of flying to me if done well.
    Is flying in at the start though? Last I heard it wasn't. So that would negate that part of the argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I watched a couple streams/videos and consensus so far is that it's a lot of fun. Longterm needs to be seen, but your normal mounts are still there If you have enough of dragonriding. I'm excited to try it myself from what I've seen.
    That's not true though. Flying isn't in from the start so you don't really have a choice other than "Do I want to move slow with a ground mount or move faster with a cumbersome feature some don't like"

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IF they allow normal flying from day one, NOBODY will use dragonriding. Not because dragonriding is not fun, but because normal flying is far more convenient and people always take the p-ath of least resistance. People need to stop with this strawman.
    Deal.

    Provided we stop the other strawman arguments, too. Like how people "want" their quotidian movement to be an elaborate system. Or how people "want" a lot of social interaction. And so on.

    It's easy to just handwave positions you disagree with as strawman arguments, but keep the ones you do agree with.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's not true though. Flying isn't in from the start so you don't really have a choice other than "Do I want to move slow with a ground mount or move faster with a cumbersome feature some don't like"
    At least you have a choice now - last couple of expansion, you had none.
    Also, as a rule of thumb, never trust opinions of people who comment on things they've never tried. Chances are, they are wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •