Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Looks really cool but it being a 5 minute cooldown is horrendous, 2-2.5 seems more fair.

Also ofc I completely expect this to not work in PVP, that'd be way too OP
    Yeah it's a bit much. Actual dragonriding won't have any cd's tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Is flying in at the start though? Last I heard it wasn't. So that would negate that part of the argument.
    Kinda not, since that's the classic anti-noflying argument. "If you don't like flying just don't use it!"

In seriousness, Dragonriding isn't a replacement of flying (yet) - you weren't gonna get normal flying right away anyway, so comparing it to flying 1:1 is disingenuous. This is Blizzard compromising and giving a form of flying right away that doesn't have the issues of normal flying.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2022-07-19 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    My issue that i forsee with peeps like me who has RSI or other hand injuries, holding down buttons to empore ia waay more taxing then an click, if you then raid for 3 hours it will be incredible painful. Holding down something is a constant strain, while clicking still has a moment of relax.
    Yeah, I keep thinking about this. My guild master can only play with one hand and she has to move that for something like a jump and this would be hell for her. She's been able to play since vanilla but this might kill it for her if there is no workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yeah, I keep thinking about this. My guild master can only play with one hand and she has to move that for something like a jump and this would be hell for her. She's been able to play since vanilla but this might kill it for her if there is no workaround.
    One again, there are two options for this:
    1) click-hold-release to cast;
    2) click-release-click again to cast.
    You can choose whichever suits you more.

So this dragonriding thing, is this actually useful and impactful to the game or is it something to just fill in your idle time like running in circles in ironforge bank used to be?

People loved a lot of the features Blizzard put in the past but after a couple months / patches they grew tired, bored or irritated over it. A lot of people loved Island Expeditions, Warfronts, Scenarios, Garrisons, etc but after a month or so they started the whole "this is the worst thing ever" rant.
    While this is true, I also don't think Dragonriding will have the same problems as these other things.

Oftentimes, a lot of these features became hated due to being grindy or chorelike in the sense that you felt compelled to do them for one reason or another, and they were on a timed basis so you needed to play the game at certain intervals or you'd miss out. A lot of times it was more complicated than the base system being boring or annoying and was a combination of a few things.

World quests and Mythic + in Legion were both good examples. People would grind M+ endlessly for AP and the chance at titanforged gear. Some classes best in slot items came from lucky titanforged versions of M+ gear. Doing your daily emissary quest was a requirement for farming Legendary items at the beginning of the expansion, and you also pretty much needed to farm out a ton of order hall resources in order to continually progress your character since the order hall progress tied in to your character progress as well.

Without all of these overarching systems that made your character stronger endlessly, these two features wouldn't have been so bad. World quests would have simply replaced dailies. M+ could have just been an alternative progression mode parallel to raiding with no necessary overlap unless a player wanted to engage in both.

Island Expeditions were fun at first, but then you had to farm a certain number of them per week in order to get the big Azerite drop. Warfronts were the same, but there was also no real chance of losing and they weren't even a PvP type deal. You'd basically show up for your free gear whenever they were active and be done with them.

Heck even Torghast was like this. Many beta testers thought the mode was really fun when it was this endlessly scaling dungeon with no rewards at all. It started off as a fun side game or mini game and then became another chore you had to do.

I think if Blizzard wants to invent something new that isn't hated, they need to invent a new side minigame type deal that doesn't shove player progression in your face to do it. Chromie Time was a great example, and I wish they made their new stuff more akin to that.

How will Dragonriding play into this? No idea. It's not like the other things. People might get tired of it, but it sounds like normal flying will eventually be in place. If people are trying to get from point A to point B as quickly as they possibly can, they will likely still use dragonriding. If they want to afk with num lock on, then they will just fly. I think both of those scenarios are likely to be used by most every player depending on the circumstance, and I think that it won't go down poorly in history the same way that other things have.

Ugh just let us fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    I really hope they remove the ability just hover still with all flying mounts. That ability instantly makes the world feel empty, reduces the world pvp and other player interactions. Liking the new dragonflight system because it's a way to get somewhere hard to reach place or just go across the area faster and safer, not a way to remove all threat and MMO aspects from the world you are playing in.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is straining then maybe they should play another class. I agree that it sucks and even tho it does not affect me there is other things that affect me alot because of my disabilities but there has to be line in the sand for "make it for everyone by making it boring for everyone else".

There is also ways to go around problems like holding button down. Doesn't many mouses and keyboards nowadays let you macro something like "press this button down for 3sec with just a single click". I am not 100% sure on that tho since I have not tried macros in hardware.
    You mean how everyone just stays in cities and doesn't leave them til flying comes out? Disable flight in warmode boom fixed stop making stupid decisions based on a portion of the game that most people have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    So this dragonriding thing, is this actually useful and impactful to the game or is it something to just fill in your idle time like running in circles in ironforge bank used to be?
    It's like flying but with mechanics, so it takes more time and lets them add time gating to stop you from being efficient.

It'll be fun for a few days. Then you'll realize that what you really want is to get from A to B with the minimum amount of fuss to do your shit, not engage in Need for Speed Dragonflight every time you just want to do a fucking daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Ugh just let us fly.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean how everyone just stays in cities and doesn't leave them til flying comes out? Disable flight in warmode boom fixed stop making stupid decisions based on a portion of the game that most people have no interest in.
    So everyone skips all rep farms, dailies, gathering and other world content until flying comes out? You know that is not true. I can see you are one of those people who thinks their opinnion is what everyone thinks, good for you but world does not run around your belly button m8.

All I want is that the game would be more MMORPG instead of loot and forget game. Whole raiding/gear collecting scenario has become way too fat in the game. There is games for people who want to just get better gear and run same content over and over again (Diablo, PoE etc). Make WoW MMORPG again please :P

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's like flying but with mechanics, so it takes more time and lets them add time gating to stop you from being efficient.

It'll be fun for a few days. Then you'll realize that what you really want is to get from A to B with the minimum amount of fuss to do your shit, not engage in Need for Speed Dragonflight every time you just want to do a fucking daily.
    Wait, what? So we don't have 320% speed when we fly? We'll have to work for it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    SWhole raiding/gear collecting scenario has become way too fat in the game. There is games for people who want to just get better gear and run same content over and over again (Diablo, PoE etc) :P
    You're describing WOW since launch.

Flying isn't in from the start so you don't really have a choice other than "Do I want to move slow with a ground mount or move faster with a cumbersome feature some don't like"
    surely flypoints will be there for people who for some reason dont like dragonriding
    and if you dont like it, riding and later flying will be there so no difference for you compared to previous few expansions

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that is the worst thing a game can do. A game wants to be compelling enough that even if you dislike an aspect of it that it is still overall enjoyable. If dragonriding is forced down our throats and people dislike it then Blizzard loses money from subs.
    l
    how is it FORCED?! if you dont use it you can use PRECISELY THE SAME methods of travel you had for years... being more convenient is not "forcing" it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so no difference for you compared to previous few expansions
    And we all know how well THOSE did

Don't say this like it's a positive. "It sucked then, but at least it sucks the same way now, too" is not a good thing.

how is it FORCED?! if you dont use it you can use PRECISELY THE SAME methods of travel you had for years... being more convenient is not "forcing" it...
    You might want to reread what I wrote. I said "if" not that it is. Doesn't matter if we still have the same forms of travel. It can be forced through gameplay requiring it for activities and such.

surely flypoints will be there for people who for some reason dont like dragonriding
    and if you dont like it, riding and later flying will be there so no difference for you compared to previous few expansions

- - - Updated - - -

It's forced because the morons tried to permanently take away flight in wod and can't get it through their head that most people like qol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That's fine, for old geezers convenience is often more important than fun.
    For many players, convenience is fun and dragonriding is in no way fun. Fun is subjective so stop acting like your opinion of fun is fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's forced because the morons tried to permanently take away flight in wod and can't get it through their head that most people like qol.
    But you can't get it through your head that the devs do not want people flying unobstructed day one and skip content and also as a bone to those that don't want flying at all. Also get it through your head that you are not the only one who plays the game and not everyone agrees with you.

I dont get why they let flying be..

It seems like they cant help but yck with it to force players into their boring dull and tedious world content.

It's like they utterly abandoned the idea of making interesting content people want to do and instead want to drive people into the crap.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    Wait, what? So we don't have 320% speed when we fly? We'll have to work for it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    What’s been shown as the base level of dragon riding on the evoker is much faster then 320 speed, almost you won’t be able to auto fly long distances like you can now pre upgrading dragon riding but you’ll be much faster.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    For many players, convenience is fun and dragonriding is in no way fun. Fun is subjective so stop acting like your opinion of fun is fact.
    Oh, it's you again. Did you learn to distinguish between conditional and imperative sentences?
    Next lesson: irony and humour.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-07-22 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This honestly looks fun. It doesn't look like a hinderance. It doesn't look boring or anything. Really don't understand the hate.
    Yeah- They're going to need to remove that cooldown and allow Dragonflying in old content. Because once I get used to that, regular flying mounts just aint going to be good enough.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

The more vids I look about this the more I can't wait to get my hands on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I dont get why they let flying be..

It seems like they cant help but yck with it to force players into their boring dull and tedious world content.

It's like they utterly abandoned the idea of making interesting content people want to do and instead want to drive people into the crap.
    That's not it at all. They stick with flying because the backlash would be too big.

I'm 100% certain that the devs don't want flying at all in this game. And that they think adding it in TBC was a bad idea. They just can't get rid of it though. That's why I'm hoping that dragonriding is one way to make it better, an actual feature instead of just air swimming.