Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Visage forms entirely, just let Dracthyr transform into all of the mortal races, and spend that saved time on creating more customizations for the Dragon form, the thing that I'm assuming most people are actually interested in. Then, during x.x.5 patches, add in fun side content of varying difficulties that allows you to unlock a few different kinds of horns/draconic customizations for your chosen mortal form.

I accept checks Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    What do you think is a fair compromise between player expectations and the reality of a 2022 release for Visage Form at launch? Personally, I don't think all playable races is realistic (though I'd like to be wrong), so this thread isn't about what we think they should be but what would be a fair start at launch?

As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release. I think this selection makes sense when you consider where each race stands in the canon. Humans lead the Alliance, Orcs lead the Horde and High Elves are split between as the Void Elves and Blood Elves.

From a lore perspective, it could be explained as such: "Most Drac'thyr are as their creator intended, which is to be soldiers. As such many of them are often quite pragmatic in their decision-making, including their choice of mortal visage. During missions, when Evokers find themselves among potential hostiles, blending in with the general populace is a most effective tool."
    ALl player races are realistic. check out fan art work.

ut should all races be available though? Or jut larger more magical races? Or only Azeroth based races ? il.. all but Orcs, Mag'har, LF draenei, Draenei and Mechgnomes (because of the machine parts)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ALl player races are realistic. check out fan art work.

Wow those are amazing!

Dude I dont even need scales and crazy stuff. Literally jist the normal races with no extra customization would be better.

Chromie doesnt have horns. Ebonhorn doesnt have glowy eyes. The point of a visage form is to blend in.

All races or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release. I think this selection makes sense when you consider where each race stands in the canon. Humans lead the Alliance, Orcs lead the Horde and High Elves are split between as the Void Elves and Blood Elves.
    There's no need for a fair compromise—the art team's resources are better spent on other, more important things than adding to a race that already has plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ALl player races are realistic. check out fan art work.(because of the machine parts)
    A very rudimentary proof of concept doesn't constitute plausibility of implementation. These are good edits, but they do not mean that Blizzard have the resources or time to add a set of new customization options for all races. They're a business, and businesses have to prioritize.

I believe that a fair "compromise" is removing visage form entirely such that the dragon class does not end up being bait for all the elf-drooling fanatics and doesn't sabotage its own thematics.

Also it'd light a fire under the devs to go and actually fix the dracthyr to be able to use transmog properly, as they no longer have the visage form as a shameful excuse.

First they added a dragon model no one wants or asked for. Then they add the WORST looking humanoid forms imaginable.

Who are they even making this game for anymore?

Garrosh was right.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This might be unpopular but I don't know why they even needed this 'visage' form anyway. There are multiple dragon species that are just that. Dragons that have humanoid forms are the exception.
    This, to me visage forms feels like a sad excuse to avoid having to fit all old armor to these new complex models.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

They should have the option to look like any playabe race but a few exceptions (mechagnomes, undead and worgen are the ones that come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    A very rudimentary proof of concept doesn't constitute plausibility of implementation. These are good edits, but they do not mean that Blizzard have the resources or time to add a set of new customization options for all races. They're a business, and businesses have to prioritize.
    It would be a lot easier if they didn't treat every option like a new allied race, with a full set of unique hairstyles and other stuff. The horns, draconic eyes and some scaly skin/face option should be enough.

Honestly, just the horns alone would be alright with most people, and actually make for less ugly-looking characters than either the fan-made edits or the real models that were datamined.

I'm personally fine with what we have, which doesn't look like any mortal race we have presently. The various options for scale patterns and the like look really good. I'd much rather the effort go into making demon scaled variations of the other races so we can finally open up Demon Hunter restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The draconic form can't wear any armor, and a lot of people (including me) really, really, didn't like that.
    I was under the impression that they got belts, shoulders, and tabards. Did that change at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I would rather get (zandalari) trolls and night elves instead of humans or orcs.
    What she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Some people reminds me of children.

I want, I want, I want!
    Its a paid game with a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    Its a paid game with a sub.
    And companies have a profit motive and a desire not to waste resources.

Then let them do their profit motive, may be they'll sink even lower this expansion, a new record

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    Then let them do their profit motive, may be they'll sink even lower this expansion, a new record
    There's plenty of things to doomsay about—not wasting so much in the way of resources on a single race to allow them to be every other race simultaneously is not one of them.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-07-21 at 12:16 AM.

During missions, when Evokers find themselves among potential hostiles, blending in with the general populace is a most effective tool."

lol I bet these face-scales and horns in their "visages" help tremendously with that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This might be unpopular but I don't know why they even needed this 'visage' form anyway. There are multiple dragon species that are just that. Dragons that have humanoid forms are the exception.
    This.
    Whole "bisage concept is just stupid AF. It made sense for real dragons but these are "humandoid-dragon" race anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    During missions, when Evokers find themselves among potential hostiles, blending in with the general populace is a most effective tool."

lol I bet these face-scales and horns in their "visages" help tremendously with that lol

- - - Updated - - -

This.
    Whole "bisage concept is just stupid AF. It made sense for real dragons but these are "humandoid-dragon" race anyway.
    It is an awkward bit of segregation between gameplay and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Dude I dont even need scales and crazy stuff. Literally jist the normal races with no extra customization would be better.

Chromie doesnt have horns. Ebonhorn doesnt have glowy eyes. The point of a visage form is to blend in.

All races or bust.
    aaaaaand this

Visage form is to appeal to the trans demographic, as of now there is little to no trans representation in-game other than Chromie. The dragon form also is fairly gender neutral as well.

there is quite a few F2P games with far more updates (comparativelu) than WoW which has a sub, box price, expansion price aaaaand in game shop