Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    So your solution on a forum, is to only contribute to the discussion if we have your opinion? Interesting….
    Of course, it's not really a discussion when all people are doing is whinging and thats all this thread consists of which is haters circlejerking eachother into hating something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't get why anyone wants visgae form in the first place tbh... cheap way of Blizz to get around adjusting gear for the new rig of drakthyr. and just create 5 laszy transmogs and a few recolors and be done with it.
    You're absolutely correct in this. I don't particularly want the visage form, I want a cool draconic humanoid that can show all my gear, but that seemed to be a technical limitation, so we have this compromise. It's a bit of a bummer, but I'm not raging over it since we can stick to visage form out of combat.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-07-26 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    What do you think is a fair compromise between player expectations and the reality of a 2022 release for Visage Form at launch? Personally, I don't think all playable races is realistic (though I'd like to be wrong), so this thread isn't about what we think they should be but what would be a fair start at launch?

As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release. I think this selection makes sense when you consider where each race stands in the canon. Humans lead the Alliance, Orcs lead the Horde and High Elves are split between as the Void Elves and Blood Elves.

From a lore perspective, it could be explained as such: "Most Drac'thyr are as their creator intended, which is to be soldiers. As such many of them are often quite pragmatic in their decision-making, including their choice of mortal visage. During missions, when Evokers find themselves among potential hostiles, blending in with the general populace is a most effective tool."
    The races that make most sense are night elves, humans and blood/high elves. Night Elves have always had a strong connection with the green dragonflight and most of its members seem to favor Night Elf forms (Ysera, Merithra). Blood elves and humans seem to be favored by most other dragonflights (red, blue, black and bronze). Other races that should be considered are tauren, trolls, gnomes and (maybe) dwarves.

All of the races mentioned above are either native to Azeroth or have some connection to the Titans.

Draenei and orcs are alien to Azeroth and I don't believe dragons have ever taken their form. The exception was Kairozdormu who shifted into an orc on alternate Draenor, and he only did that to blend in. Considering the history dragons have with orcs, I doubt most of them would even be willing to take their form

Worgen and Forsaken are cursed humans so taking their form makes very little sense.

I personally care very little about Pandaren and Goblins I don't think any dragon has ever taken their form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ALl player races are realistic. check out fan art work.

I've seen these before, and I'm still amazed by them. Both male and female night elves look stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    But should all races be available though? Or jut larger more magical races? Or only Azeroth based races ? il.. all but Orcs, Mag'har, LF draenei, Draenei and Mechgnomes (because of the machine parts)
    Night elves, blood elves, humans, gnomes, tauren, trolls make the most sense imo. Worgen, orcs, goblins, pandaren and draenei are out of question in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The races that make most sense are night elves, humans and blood/high elves. Night Elves have always had a strong connection with the green dragonflight and most of its members seem to favor Night Elf forms (Ysera, Merithra). Blood elves and humans seem to be favored by most other dragonflights (red, blue, black and bronze). Other races that should be considered are tauren, trolls, gnomes and (maybe) dwarves.

All of the races mentioned above are either native to Azeroth or have some connection to the Titans.

Draenei and orcs are alien to Azeroth and I don't believe dragons have ever taken their form. The exception was Kairozdormu who shifted into an orc on alternate Draenor, and he only did that to blend in. Considering the history dragons have with orcs, I doubt most of them would even be willing to take their form

Worgen and Forsaken are cursed humans so taking their form makes very little sense.

I personally care very little about Pandaren and Goblins I don't think any dragon has ever taken their form.

- - - Updated - - -

Night elves, blood elves, humans, gnomes, tauren, trolls make the most sense imo. Worgen, orcs, goblins, pandaren and draenei are out of question in my opinion.
    WEll, they could give Evokers to every race, and do visage forms for each. But if they were to extend it.. I would feel the races that dragons have usually taken might be the first considered.

i.e. Night/high elves (possibly their sub races too), human, tauren and gnome.

Another criteria could be size - humanoid is part of the dracthyr race, butif Evokers were to be playable, it may require larger races.. so Human, Night elf, Worgen, Draenei, Orc, Tauren and Troll - we might cross out Orc and Draenei - don't know how compatible they are not being Azeroth natives - but that depends on the Evoker class tory for other races...

do we go
    1. Races that evovled from elemntals - i.e. trolls and leves? or strong elemental connection too - i.e. dwarves, tauren, draenenei?

Do we go dragon infusion or empowerment? Infusion begs the question of compatibility Elven, troll, vrykul/human could qualify.. empowerment can open the door to everyone.

They can make it any race or all.. but if they were going to limit it I would say

Night/blood elves, trolls, Human, Tauren, Worgen, Pandas - possible extension to Orc and Draenei. - no midgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    Aren’t the visage forms covered in scales lol
    Yep, and they have lizard/reptilian eyes too.

The general consensus here seems to be “this brand new unestablished thing doesn’t play by my established rules for established things and that makes me mad”, like, compromise? you do not make the game, why in the world should blizzard compromise with you! It feels entitled but that’s me personally
    I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    He says stuff like “I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own.” and is referring to Deathwing. Maybe Deathwing isn't his literal father (more likely Deathwing is his grandfather), but he treats it as such. He also considers himself Deathwing's heir, prince of the Flight, etcetera.

And he's also special because we purified his egg with Titan tech and he may actually be the combined DNA of multiple eggs, so there's that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Source for this claim.
    Heritage
    While Wrathion refers to Deathwing as his father, this claim is dubious, since Sinestra was previously established as the only dragon to survive mating with him after he succumbed to corruption.[81] When asked about Wrathion's lineage, Dave Kosak confirmed the theory that Deathwing isn't Wrathion's literal father, and tweeted the following:

"We don't know who Wrathion's literal father is. Certainly he's in Deathwing's lineage. He considers DW to be his father, FWIW."[82]
    "Wrathion likely took the "Prince" title himself, claiming to be the "true" heir of Deathwing."[1]
    While Wrathion's mother is clearly Nyxondra, the identity of his father is unclear. Neltharion/Deathwing is the leader of the black dragonflight and as such is likely seen as the father of the entire flight (which could be why he refers to Deathwing's actions and why the legendary daggers are named Fangs of the Father). As there is no real shortage of other named (and unnamed) male black dragons, Wrathion's actual father could have been any of them.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wrathion

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep, and they have lizard/reptilian eyes too.

I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wrathion
    Yes...? Your point being? I read all that too. I even said that Deathwing is likely his grandfather in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be ok with the option to just have any race be a visage form even if they don't have any extra customization option like the standard visage forms