Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhuntr View Post
    Too many recolours to get especially excited, although it's nice to have some mounts just to have earned them, such as the Jailer curve mount, and the various KSM mounts. I also like the snail from ZM.
    90% of mounts have been recolors since the beginning. The stone drakes of Cata; the drakes and proto drakes of Wrath; the talbuks, wind riders, netherwings, and nether rays of TBC; and the racial mounts of vanilla. The only difference is these were given at sets from the beginning. Whereas more recently they've been making recolors of older mounts which didn't used to have recolors, which is where people's kneejerk reaction comes from. 6 recolors of the same mount for getting exalted = fine. Adding a recolor of an older mount for a content completely unrelated to the older mount's = lazy recolor to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Not really... still think they don't really make enough new models for basically everything and use recolors too much there.
    Also most ingame mounts just get overshadowed by a dude who bought a giant floating kitten form the shop hovering next to you. Stands out like a sore thumb.
    Ironically they don't use the recolors enough for gear^^
    Um, have you looked in the appearances tab? Every gear set going back to ToT had 4 recolors, with the mythic one having some extra ornamentation. Before that you had 3 going back to DS, and 2 going back to Wrath.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Not the otter!

BFA had some of the best ground mounts.
    8.2 mounts were awesome
    Also, Priestess Moonsaber =)

In SL, Fallen Charger is gorgeous and was fun to get. Shame it doesnt fly.
    Other than that, i love Maldraxxi Fly mounts. super convinient. Somewhat cool.
    Other than that, SL is very painful for mount collectors and i mostly dont care. There is 10 different requirements for some mounts to drop so i list interest in collecting.

A few do pique my interest. All of which I've used at some point.

- Winged Guardian
    - Obsidian Worldbreaker
    - that Horde trike whose name I forget
    - Elysian Aquila (fits with my DH's angelic look)

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    She of Anger mount is one that I still stop to look at, if I see one lucky enough to ride it. I'm well over 400 kills myself, but ah well. I do really like the new cosmic gladiator mount, which is a bit of a controversy... Why? Because it's red. Thirdly, I appreciate the Dalaran Sewer Rat, just because of the fond memories of obtaining it myself :-).

Obsidian Worldbreaker
    Priestess' Moonsaber

And if Legion mounts count:
    Highlord's Golden Charger
    Netherlord's Accursed Wrathsteed
    Archmage's Prismatic Disc
    Ban Lu
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    Have there been any mounts in the last few expansions, notably BFA and SL that make you go WoW, must have.
    No. All my must have mounts are from WotLK and Cata era.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Feldrake is the only mount I generally use and have been using for about 10 years now.

When I get a new mount I mount it, say this is shit, and hop on the feldrake again.

The first mount that had me was the headless horseman’s reigns. I wanted it before I even played the game.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

The last time I was hyped for a mount were the Nighthold Infernals. It all feels kinda samey now.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    The last time I was hyped for a mount were the Nighthold Infernals. It all feels kinda samey now.
    Yeah, the infernals were great. I also really liked the KSM & Glad mounts from Shadowlands when first shown, even if they've become a bit common place now.
    As for BFA : Alliance PvP hippo will always go down as a great big "I don't understand why this happened but I'm happy it did". And I really loved the crab from the Nazjatar meta.

Big fan of the frogs.

7+ Year Old Account
    The forsaken plague bat mount is one i would love to have. To bad blizzard likes to remove fun from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The forsaken plague bat mount is one i would love to have. To bad blizzard likes to remove fun from the game.
    It’s not removing fun, you missed the boat so you don’t get to ride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    It’s not removing fun, you missed the boat so you don’t get to ride.
    Ya so it's removing fun from the game. I missed it so i don't get to have fun.

Have there been any mounts in the last few expansions, notably BFA and SL that make you go WoW, must have.
    Yup. The SL S1 gladiator mount. Not that I ever had a chance, because I don't pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Shackled ur'zul and green version of gul'dan infernal. Jaina mythic and N'zoth mythic mounts are cool as well. I ride 4 of them most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya so it's removing fun from the game. I missed it so i don't get to have fun.
    Such is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    my free mount I got for being a 6 month subscriber.

Fits really well with my Belf and my Velf.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

3+ Year Old Account
    Offhandedly, the only one I can think of is the AH Brutosaur mount, and that was primarily because of its unique utility. The fact that I was able to snag it without selling boosts or playing the AH is a feat in and of itself. Past that, I'm hard-pressed to think of any "must-haves" that I went out of my way to farm. Most mounts were just checking off collection boxes for me.

The jellyfish mount from one of the Zerith Mortis achievements. Also, the snail mounts from mount crafting.