Question Need help fundraising for a friend in need, don't know how.

Hey all. So as the title says, I am trying to raise funds to help a friend in a dire situation, but I've never really done fundraising before, and don't know how or where to post that stuff. I've seen fundraisers kick off before on sites like imgur and what not, but I get the feeling those aren't the only places those fundraisers are getting passed around. I won't plug it here because that feels like such a shoe-in (tho if anyone wants the story or to help out please DM me).

If people know of any good places to post GoFundMes that are more on the socially acceptable side, I'd really appreciate the help right about now.

depends what it's for really. the internet's full of different forums and chatrooms for all sorts of different problems, if you can find some about your friends problem then that's a good place to start (it's also worth looking for places that support friends and family of people with the problem)

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    depends what it's for really. the internet's full of different forums and chatrooms for all sorts of different problems, if you can find some about your friends problem then that's a good place to start (it's also worth looking for places that support friends and family of people with the problem)
    Ahh thats a good point. Incase anyone knows places for this problem, he's facing foreclosure after losing his job (pandemic cutbacks and such). He also is a Marine veteran, if anyone knows of places specifically for GoFundMes and stuff for them. He has been using the VA for as much support as they can give him tho.