Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    But the Dragon Islands were never a part of Kalimdor?

How else do you explain the cinematic trailer where the stonedude watches the well of eternity from the dragon isle shore?
    Maybe the novel will shed more light on it, but it's more likely the dragon isles are so named because the Aspects, once empowered, made their base there, rather than that being where they as protodrakes came from.

That is, it's entirely possible they were just born on ancient Kalimdor, fought Galakrond in what became Northrend, and Tyr brought them to what would later be called the Dragon Isles to transform and empower them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Maybe the novel will shed more light on it, but it's more likely the dragon isles are so named because the Aspects, once empowered, made their base there, rather than that being where they as protodrakes came from.

That is, it's entirely possible they were just born on ancient Kalimdor, fought Galakrond in what became Northrend, and Tyr brought them to what would later be called the Dragon Isles to transform and empower them.
    Yeah that makes sense

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    But the Dragon Islands were never a part of Kalimdor?
    Yes, i know?
    I literally pointed out the islands.

They didn't seclude themselves on them, they flew all over Kalimdor, the big continent southwest of the isles (at the time).

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by boots1991 View Post
    After reviewing the small amount of data-mined dragonflight content so far, i feel i have a plausible theory on the origins of Galakrond's power.

. So far we have seen 4 Primal proto-drake leaders. One suited each of the typical 4 elements. However we know that "spirit" is the 5th element, consumed by a world-soul during it's development.

. We see hints with the new corrupted treants and guardian models that life/spirit elemental corruption can mimic undeath in a way. Contributing to why Galakrond's ability after consuming his kin seemed linked to necromancy. (The un-living)

. In dawn of the Aspects it is loosely implied that Try had something to do with the corruption of Galakrond. I believe this was not direct but influenced by the Titian watcher forge's created to speed up and cultivate Azeroth's growth. Resulting in the spirit element depleting faster. (This is my most tin-foiled hat point, however it would also loosely explain the Primal flights anonymity towards the Titian flights.)

- Galakrond, linked to the element of spirit and leader of the Primalists.
    While mighty, the source of his power was slowly consumed by the titian world soul driving him mad. To maintain his body and power he had to consume his own kin resulting in the events with Tyr and the 5 betrayers who sided with the titans.

We will not see his return, we we learn of his betrayal. The story of the Titian's shaded grey.
    Sounds pretty good, i like it.
    After all what is death if not just the end of life?
    Decay if not just the end of spirit?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I know people don't like "the jailer was behind everything", and neither do I if I'm honest, but one of the few things I think could've worked to retcon as being the Jailer's work is Galakrond. Galakrond seems like Azeroth's first exposure to decay magic, and it would have made sense if the nazrethim had messed with Tyr's plans in an attempt to start death-ifying Azeroth early.
    My pet theory is that Galakrond was the first subject on which the Keepers experimented using Old God essence, perhaps prompted by their own corruption due to Yogg-Saron's influence, trying to see how it functioned and if it could be used beneficially or something along those lines. In Galakrond's case, it obviously went horribly awry (as could've been expected). Later still, the experimentation that began with Galakrond continued in facilities such as Uldir in what would later become the Isle of Zandalar, giving rise to abominations like G'huun and the rest of the mutated lifeforms present there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    That’s true. But you never know. The Titans were also dead and the spark went to Ra to warn him of what happened but their essence was captured and they were rebuilt. Tyr being the crafty little devil could have setup a countermeasure for himself that would allow him to be preserved and awoken at a specific time. I don’t know really but I’m sure someone could pull something out of thin air if they wanted to bring Tyr back hahaha
    True enough, and the only part of actual Tyr we've canonically ever seen located was his severed hand which contained the Spark of Tyr relic that Kalec later found. Tyr also wouldn't be the first Keeper, or even Titan, to set up a countermeasure containing some portion of his essence, akin to the projection of Aman (presumably Aman'Thul) that appears in Darkshore connected to Remtravel's explorations there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Yeah I can’t recall anything specific about Odin and The Aspects in anything we have seen since we met Odin so it would be a really interesting interaction.
    Since Odyn has only recently been freed from the Halls of Valor, makes a degree of sense he wouldn't yet have had a chance to encounter the remaining Aspects. Now that he's got the license to move about more or less freely, and given both his massive ego and his self-appointed role as the remaining Prime Designate Keeper, it seems likely that butting heads with the Aspects is a likely event sometime in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Maybe Galakrond was the Incarnate of Spirit, who got CORRUPTED into the Incarnate of Decay? And likely by nobody but the Titans themselves, either by accident or on purpose.

This could be a note towards how the Titans are obsessed with Order and Ordering worlds, and that may not always lead to the best results even if their intentions are good (or at least better than those of the other Forces)
    Azeroth absorbed all of the spirit element though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Not *all* of it, but the majority. There is still ambient Spirit magic across Azeroth that can be used for a variety of uses, but its relative paucity tends to account for beings such as Elementals being aggressive and chaotic on Azeroth as opposed to a location like Draenor, where the abundance of Spirit makes the Elemental beings a lot more docile and tractable.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    She bas to eat, my friend.
    The fact that she is eating it prevents the plants to go crazy like you see it in Everbloom in Dreanor. When the plant grows too big it can literally eat whole planet, that’s why Agrammar was coming there to do some gardening work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    She bas to eat, my friend.
    The fact that she is eating it prevents the plants to go crazy like you see it in Everbloom in Dreanor. When the plant grows too big it can literally eat whole planet, that’s why Agrammar was coming there to do some gardening work.
    Her eating most of the spirit on the planet caused the elements to go haywire.

Azeroth literally has Draenors problem, just in reverse.
    Nothing was prevented.

Formerly known as Arafal

First of all, thank you all for the feedback and not ripping me for misspelling Tyr.....
    Second, my of my following points now come from reviewing comments and reviewing my position.

. Galakrond as the Primalist of decay - Very likely, however I have adapted my theory to consider -
    With the depletion of spirit element. Decay took it's place, similar to when a tree falls and rots in a forest.

. I think that the Dragonflight expansion will provide the information to shade the Titian's in grey. Like blizzard has done with all other cosmic forces.
    Galakrond will be the story mechanism to provide the context, Without the lore being ripped up for a full retcon.
    Natural or controlled evolution may be the overall theme.

Note - While combing the archives of lore I also found a very similar affliction to that of Galkarond's.
    The story of the first Devilsaur - Xibala. Considering both beings are considered the first of their kind (Galakrond is refereed to as the progenitor of dragon kind). It is not something i can ignore...but it could be nothing, as we all know the writing team style by now.
    (Please refer to Wowpediea for more info if needed.)

. I think that the Dragonflight expansion will provide the information to shade the Titian's in grey. Like blizzard has done with all other cosmic forces.
    Galakrond will be the story mechanism to provide the context, Without the lore being ripped up for a full retcon.
    I don't think making the titans grey is terribly hard. I think they've always been more or less protrayed that way. Sapient life as it exists in wow is often seen as a defect, and Algalon has mentioned that purging the planet would have normally been the norm for a planet so deviated.

Yes, they help us defeat the legion and the void things, but the legion and the void things also want to mess up their creations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I don't think making the titans grey is terribly hard. I think they've always been more or less protrayed that way. Sapient life as it exists in wow is often seen as a defect, and Algalon has mentioned that purging the planet would have normally been the norm for a planet so deviated.
    Not only that, but Algalon also alludes to the notion that the Titans put countless worlds to the flame in the name of bringing about their conception of Order. Specifically, he says: "I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames, their denizens fading without so much as a whimper." This means that, at least according to Algalon, the Titans are entirely down with planetary genocide if a given planet's indigenous fauna doesn't meet their criteria for preservation. I'd say that alone puts the Titans into the deep gray when weighed beside their works of creation.

5+ Year Old Account
    First of all, thank you all for the feedback and not ripping me for misspelling Tyr.....
    Second, my of my following points now come from reviewing comments and reviewing my position.

. Galakrond as the Primalist of decay - Very likely, however I have adapted my theory to consider -
    With the depletion of spirit element. Decay took it's place, similar to when a tree falls and rots in a forest.

Note - While combing the archives of lore I also found a very similar affliction to that of Galkarond's.
    The story of the first Devilsaur - Xibala. Considering both beings are considered the first of their kind (Galakrond is refereed to as the progenitor of dragon kind). It is not something i can ignore...but it could be nothing, as we all know the writing team style by now.
    I hope they don't, because the Titans were fine. Sargeras wiped out nearly the entire universe because he couldn't stand the fact that existence is dualistic, and the Jailer took advantage of it. Algalon says nothing about Titans destroying anything. He mentions the destruction of the creators and their planetary systems. Titans are just planets, and we're talking about entire planetary systems. There's something else going on there, and it involves constellars who were once an incorruptible race and are now getting corrupted and wiped out like flies. Oh and by the way, haven't you all noticed the bones of Galakrond in Silithus in the place of the sword? I know they were there before. What do we have in Silithus that is so similar to what we saw in Zereth Morris? Ahn'Qiraj. The architecture resemblance is striking. Coincidence? Not.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-07-21 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Since Odyn has only recently been freed from the Halls of Valor, makes a degree of sense he wouldn't yet have had a chance to encounter the remaining Aspects. Now that he's got the license to move about more or less freely, and given both his massive ego and his self-appointed role as the remaining Prime Designate Keeper, it seems likely that butting heads with the Aspects is a likely event sometime in the future.
    I completely forgot he got his “freedom”…I wonder if they will also be doing something with the titans now that we have the Aspects back in focus, presumably trying to regain their Aspect powers, which the titans channeled through the keepers into the proto-aspects. They did say to keep an eye on the “red star” but also that we should be worried if it goes out not anything else.
    I’m really excited to see where the lore goes this expansion. I know a lot of people are complaining about it all being a bit of a quiet expansion, but when it comes to the aspects the connected lore is anything but quiet.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful with the use of the term “retcon” when we don’t have all the information on it and it’s all speculation or ‘what we thought was true’ that doesn’t mean it’s a retcon when it’s finally fully explained. Being given the full information when you only had bits and pieces of the full story is not a retcon.

- - - Updated - - -

This is discussed in the Dawn of the Aspects novel. It’s revealed he was not the father of dragons. The Aspects just let that be the story everybody believed and the aspects wanted to keep it that way.

And instead of killing him/her/whatisthisathingnow? we teach ole gal to Visage?