Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

[Movie] Dungeon & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

This just popped up;

A D&D movie is going to be terrible, right? From the trailer it actually looks like good, dumb fun. Sort of gives off a fantasy Guardians of the Galaxy vibes.

And it has an owlbear.

I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously, I'll give it that. Hard to imagine a studio pulling off a "serious, grim-dark" DnD film. I commend them for finding the fun in the concept itself and going with it.

I’m really glad they didn’t try to make it overly serious which would have just led to it being compared to all the other recent fantasy drama fare (GoT, LotR, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have high hopes for it but I won't put it down until I see it. It's pretty funny that this trailer came out a few days after I found this channel on Youtube going over the lore of the Forgotten Realms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zha4miIbPFg

Is that Szass Tam I see at 0:45?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I remember the one made in the early 2000’s. It sucked. Hopefully this one is better

I’ll hold out hope that we didn’t see all the cool stuff in the trailer. Black dragon spitting acid? Already gave me a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I’m really glad they didn’t try to make it overly serious which would have just led to it being compared to all the other recent fantasy drama fare (GoT, LotR, etc).
    Just want to point out that LoTR isn't recent. A whole generation has been born, grown up, and graduated high school since LoTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar45 View Post
    Just want to point out that LoTR isn't recent. A whole generation has been born, grown up, and graduated high school since LoTR.
    I meant the upcoming show, LotR:RoP

Always up for a fun film, D&D focused shows generally tend to be that with humour.

This looks very promising, from the trailer at least. I geeked more than once at the black dragon spitting acid, the druid shapeshifting and being specifically called an owlbear, the gelatinous cube, the displacer beast ...

It's definitely got the fan service for people who love D&D, lets hope the story and acting does it justice. The casting is pretty stellar as well. Hopefully, Michelle Rodriguez doesn't "dour" it into oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love DnD stuff especially when the comical side of it....almost remind me of Deerstalker Pictures and their DnD skits on youtube but with a serious tone.

The Woke casting is terrible!

Of all the choices they had...they choose a BLACK dragon?

I'm not a racist but the role for the Dragon based on ability...not scale colour.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Well, what do you know. A fantasy movie that actually looks like fun, with an appealing lead, and what appears to be an actual decent budget with wisely used special effects. Everything the WoW movie WASN'T. Blizzard, eat your heart out.

Plus, this looks like it actually has Bards!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The Woke casting is terrible!

Of all the choices they had...they choose a BLACK dragon?

I'm not a racist but the role for the Dragon based on ability...not scale colour.
    Says every closeted racist ever before saying something racist. The most hilarious thing is, you're racist against the dragon.

Chris Pine is very charming. What charisma.

Justice is not a good actor though. Yeesh.

The sad thing is the armor looks better than the amazon production does, it looks fun though. Chris Pine as a Bard is an interesting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Chris Pine is very charming. What charisma.
    Well, yeah, he's a Bard. Charisma is not just a dump stat anymore

Justice is not a good actor though. Yeesh.
    I like him. He plays a particular type that many people enjoy. I can get that it wouldn't be everyone's preference, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...dunno how entertaining it is for anyone that isn't a kid..

it feels like characters from a game made for your phone.. i'm sure this will make a lot of money..

10+ Year Old Account
    Its presently surprising for sure. I don't expect greatness, but it looks far better than any of the D&D movies before it... which isn't a high bar for sure.

But I would probably watch this movie for sure. My one wish that is i hope they don't rely heavy on member berries, I already see a Mimic and a Gelatinous cube, lots of 'hey its the thing, you know the thing right' which I don't tend to mind, The warcraft movie was full of that and I liked it lol. But that would annoy a lot of people
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-22 at 07:23 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Says every closeted racist ever before saying something racist. The most hilarious thing is, you're racist against the dragon.
    The batteries in your sarcasm detector need replacing.

Could be worst...At least look decent.Btw Michelle looks good, like really good