Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    I point out that a lot of people seem to care about the dracthyr models. Which you say is aesthetics, which I agree. I say aesthetics add to immersion, so the two are not seperate. You say they are not "COMPLETELY" seperate in your last answer. So.... using your own words you agree that people care about immersion via aesthetics?
    I say people care about aesthetics.

Sometimes they care about aesthetics because of how they contribute to (or detract from) immersion.

But you can just as easily care about aesthetics without regard for immersion. Proof: stuff that completely breaks immersion for pure aesthetics, like silly meta humor cosmetics or whatever.

Suggesting that people care for aesthetics ONLY because of and to the extent it relates to immersion is simply incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I say people care about aesthetics.

Sometimes they care about aesthetics because of how they contribute to (or detract from) immersion.

But you can just as easily care about aesthetics without regard for immersion. Proof: stuff that completely breaks immersion for pure aesthetics, like silly meta humor cosmetics or whatever.

Suggesting that people care for aesthetics ONLY because of and to the extent it relates to immersion is simply incorrect.
    I never said "ONLY"

I never said "ONLY"
    By inference, for sure. You said "So thats the reason..." - if you are now claiming you acknowledged from the start there's more reasons, that means you made a fallacious argument from the start by beginning your objection with the tacit assumption of "a" reason. And if you don't acknowledge multiple reasons, then I've already demonstrated how that's incorrect, too.

You can just admit you got it wrong. No shame in that. We all do, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    By inference, for sure. You said "So thats the reason..." - if you are now claiming you acknowledged from the start there's more reasons, that means you made a fallacious argument from the start by beginning your objection with the tacit assumption of "a" reason. And if you don't acknowledge multiple reasons, then I've already demonstrated how that's incorrect, too.

You can just admit you got it wrong. No shame in that. We all do, sometimes.
    Holy shit dude. Are you ok?

You said people dont give a shit about immersion. I mentioned the people that care about aesthetic WHICH IS A PART OF IMMERSION, ipso facto marco polo there are a lot of people out there that care about immersion making your spectacularly ill concieved point wrong.

Then in that post you are quoting I was joking because you latched onto a word I accidentally added because YOU added a word to what I said.

Its like talking to a fuckin' brick. I think it'll be safe to ignore you from now on.

I mentioned the people that care about aesthetic WHICH IS A PART OF IMMERSION, ipso facto marco polo there are a lot of people out there that care about immersion making your spectacularly ill concieved point wrong.
    I think you should go and re-read my responses from earlier. Use your finger if it helps, and go slow.

Aesthetics CAN be a part of immersion, but they don't HAVE to be.

Its like talking to a fuckin' brick. I think it'll be safe to ignore you from now on.
    Ah yes, the ol' "I don't comprehend what you're saying, therefore I'm just ignoring you". Well, I guess finger-in-your-ears is one way to live, too. You do you, fam.