Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, I’m still looking for the right chair in the same kind of price range as the Secretlab Titan 2022, I just can’t find one that is good quality, comfortable and that I can lean right back in like I’d be able to in a gaming chair …
    I have no idea why you think “leaning back” is a feature unique to gaming chairs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just looked up the price on that POS. 700$?

    Buy yourself an Aeron from Herman Miller.

    https://seatingmind.com/herman-mille...saAvkREALw_wcB

    650 right now. And then buy the headrest for the additional height if you need. It will take that garbo racing chair out and make it bite the curb.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or save hundreds and get the Jvarfallet from Ikea. Still more comfortable than that Genuine Leather faux racing chair and way cheaper. And yes, it leans back.

  2. #42
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, I’m still looking for the right chair in the same kind of price range as the Secretlab Titan 2022, I just can’t find one that is good quality, comfortable and that I can lean right back in like I’d be able to in a gaming chair …
    I have an honest question, and just to be clear in advance, I'm not judging.

    Do you want a gaming chair because of how it looks? I'm just very curious why you'd pay that kind of money for one, when for that money you can get a much more comfortable, ergonomic chair like Kagthul linked.

    Again, not judging, it's obviously your choice and your money. Just highly curious

  3. #43
    I bought my Aeron almost 20 years ago now and have used it continuously and it has been awesome. I replaced the seat pan a couple years ago because it had finally started to sag, but otherwise it's like new. The peli-whatever mesh fabric it's made of is amazingly strong and the fact that it allows airflow means your back and butt aren't stewing in your own sweat but get a constant airflow. I got mine online at Office Designs and they're now in the $1,000-$1,200 range, but this is one of those luxuries like Vimes' boots where it makes sense to spend a lot because it lasts. Note that the Aerons come in three sizes.

    Chairs are tricky though because you won't know if you're actually going to like it until you sit in it for a few days. Sitting in one at the store only tells oyu so much, and online shopping is kinda hopeless. Different people like different things. Some will be happy with the $100 generic office chair from Costco etc.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    This is not true, and there is a reason that most orthopedists and ergonomics experts recommend a sit/stand desk.

    If you were to stand on your feet for an entire 8+ hour work day, every work day, you'd have bursitis within two years. And probably ankle damage and spine damage. Keep in mind im talking about simply standing. If you do a job where you're on your feet all day but moving around, that isnt remotely the same. But standing relatively still in one place is not any better for you than simply sitting. Varying between the two is great for you, though.



    While i agree, simply because leather does not breathe, there is a BIG difference between most "leather" office and gaming chairs in the sub-500$ market (which actually uses a product called "Genuine Leather", which is literally all the scraps and shavings from other leatherwork that is then pressed into a form and inundated with glue. Its the leather equivalent of particle board. Thats the shit that peels and comes apart.) If you dont mind it not breathing a real, apholstry-grade leather seat is quite fine. And itll likely outlive you, if you clean it and oil it occasionally. Still.. IMO, too sticky and hot.
    Dude...Sigh, why are people on the internet always so extreme. Standing desk is not meant for standing all bloody day. Its to get up every once in a while, especially good for gaming sessions thats more light on focus etc. Standing a bit is thousand times better than any chair over some hours during the day.

    Also leather, have you seen all the comments in just this thread who bought decent chairs and 3-4 years later it looks like somebody was killed in the chair.

    Again internet and their...OMGWUHUT, chill :&
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dude...Sigh, why are people on the internet always so extreme.
    Dude, sigh, why are people on the internet always so wrong?

    Standing desk is not meant for standing all bloody day.
    Thats exactly what it is.

    Its to get up every once in a while, especially good for gaming sessions thats more light on focus etc. Standing a bit is thousand times better than any chair over some hours during the day.
    What youre describing is a sit/stand desk. They are adjustable. They go up and down. Standing desks dont. They are just standing height and do not adjust. You cant sit at one unless you have like a REALLY tall bar stool. Maybe you should like.. have even the tiniest clue what the hell you're talking about? Standing desks (that do not adjust) are used primarily for meeting and collaboration spaces, so colleagues can all stand around a work area, or for temporary or short-term work (go, drop your laptop down, stand there for an hour doing the work you need, move on).

    Also leather, have you seen all the comments in just this thread who bought decent chairs and 3-4 years later it looks like somebody was killed in the chair.
    Yes, as a leatherworker, i know nothing about the topic. Like, i literally work with this shit. "Genuine Leather" is a specific product - exactly as i described it, that is basically the leather equivalent of particle board. Its not a contigous animal hide. Thats why it peels and flakes. Real leather does not do that. It literally cant. It can crack (if you dont oil it, but generally on upholstry, just sitting in it, your body oils will do fine), or dry out (again, usually just regular skin contact will be more than enough in the case of garments. In the case of upholstry, you need to oil it every few years (id recommend neatsfoot oil). But it will not flake and peel.

    And you're not going to find real, upholstry-grade leather in chairs under 500$. Its too expensive (even buying wholesale, a full hide of upholstry grade leather is ~140$ just for the leather. Then you have to have it dyed (or have 40,000$ worth of equipment to dye it, and your shop needs to be in an area that allows you to use the extremely toxic chemicals in the first place). And then you have to have the chair built, and hand-sew (with a machine, yes, but no robots are doing this) the leather to the form with an expensive walking-foot leather sewing machine.

    Again internet and their...OMGWUHUT, chill :&
    The irony is you didnt realize that this a freight train sized self own, because you were utterly ignorant of everything you were commenting on.

    Nice job displaying that for everyone to see.
    Last edited by Kagthul; Yesterday at 08:50 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nice job displaying that for everyone to see.
    Jesus, so you are made because somebody calls a potato a potato. Stop yourself will ya. You scream on spectrum. Standing desk or adjustable desk...Who the f*uck cares.

    Also stop derailing a thread...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    OP, consider a standing desk instead. Its gonna be better for your health. Getting up and standing is better than sitting in any chair.

    That said; Dont buy leather, buy cloth/mesh. And Id consider gaming chairs, unless you wanna do more research/look into office chairs thats finder to know about, but youtube is your friend...Say gamernexus video was good etc, ltt etc etc
    As someone who works standing up all day, nope. It is not the ideal position for many people. I've already developed more spine damage from 3 years at it than in 27 previous years of living a relatively sedentary lifestyle. That's a complete myth. Especially standing in the same place for hours is not good for you.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Jesus, so you are made
    I think you mean 'mad', but i get that basic grammar is tough.

    because somebody calls a potato a potato.
    Except you didnt. You called a Rudebegah a Potato.

    Stop yourself will ya.
    The utter lack of self wareness you possess is almost hard to comprehend.

    You scream on spectrum. Standing desk or adjustable desk...Who the f*uck cares.
    Uhh.. people who want the correct product. They are two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS, that are used for two entirely different purposes in the office space. Its like names matter. When you want to refer to a sit/stand desk.... which like, has a name and everything - then you need to use the correct term. Its the equivalent of telling someone to get an M.2 SSD when they need RAM because they both are types of memory that plug into a slot on the motherboard.

    Also stop derailing a thread...
    .... at this point i have to assume you're just trying to troll. You're the person that "derailed" the thread by suggesting something that would actively hurt the OP and had nothing to do with chairs. Like.. its right there in text, we can all see it.

    Your projection abilities are seriously Olympic gold medal quality.

    If you dont want to get clowned on, dont be an idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I have an honest question, and just to be clear in advance, I'm not judging.

    Again, not judging, it's obviously your choice and your money. Just highly curious
    Agreed, inquiring minds want to know.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Dude, sigh, why are people on the internet always so wrong?



    Thats exactly what it is.
    No, it's really not. I know several people who use them, and they do not stand all day. They use it to stand when they want to, and sit when they want to.

    If they were meant to be used standing all day, they wouldn't be able to be adjusted to be used sitting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I think you mean 'mad', but i get that basic grammar is tough.



    Except you didnt. You called a Rudebegah a Potato.



    The utter lack of self wareness you possess is almost hard to comprehend.



    Uhh.. people who want the correct product. They are two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS, that are used for two entirely different purposes in the office space. Its like names matter. When you want to refer to a sit/stand desk.... which like, has a name and everything - then you need to use the correct term. Its the equivalent of telling someone to get an M.2 SSD when they need RAM because they both are types of memory that plug into a slot on the motherboard.



    .... at this point i have to assume you're just trying to troll. You're the person that "derailed" the thread by suggesting something that would actively hurt the OP and had nothing to do with chairs. Like.. its right there in text, we can all see it.

    Your projection abilities are seriously Olympic gold medal quality.

    If you dont want to get clowned on, dont be an idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Agreed, inquiring minds want to know.
    Actually, teach - rutabaga.

    But hey, when you want to be top dog on an internet gaming forum by mocking others' intelligence, don't let a little thing like spelling bother you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, it's really not. I know several people who use them, and they do not stand all day. They use it to stand when they want to, and sit when they want to.

    If they were meant to be used standing all day, they wouldn't be able to be adjusted to be used sitting.
    For a teacher, you seem oddly incapable of reading.

    Lets try this again:

    There are TWO DIFFERENT PRODUCTS.

    One is a "standing desk". It doesn't go up and down. Its just tall. Its only used for standing. Their primary use is in group situations, so you can show your coworkers what you're working on without everyone hunching down around your desk, and they are almost never at "your" workstation - they are used in communal areas so there is plenty of space for people to gather around. Another use of them is for temporary work - like, hey, i need to be here in this area for an hour or two so i throw my laptop down on the standing desk (because it doesnt have chairs, it takes up less room).

    One is a "sit/stand desk". It goes up and down. You can, as you say, stand when you want to and sit when you want to. These are almost exclusively used at personal workstations/offices.

    They are totally different things. (And one is massively more expensive than the other).

    Djumbass recommended a standing desk. Not a sit/stand desk.

    Here, ill quote the relevant parts since you cant seem to be bothered to read more than a sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    OP, consider a standing desk instead. Its gonna be better for your health. Getting up and standing is better than sitting in any chair.
    Standing Desk.

    Not Sit/Stand desk, not adjustable desk. Standing Desk. A different thing than a sit/stand desk.

    Here's a "standing desk": I actually own this myself. Because of how Ikea works, ill have to post the legs and top separately.
    Top: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-...hite-50253028/ (comes in straight and both corner directions)
    Legs: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-...hite-10252974/

    This can be used seated OR as a standing desk, but it cannot be swapped. You have to get out an allen wrench and adjust it (and good luck doing that with a couple hundred pounds of stuff on it). When it is configured for standing.. its standing only. It doesnt adjust or move.

    THIS is a "sit stand" desk:
    Legs: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-...ite-s49022538/ (same top system).

    Notice that it adjusts on the fly. It can be used either way or swapped between freely all day long. Also notice how much more expensive it is. And thats a cheap one. The Bekant is sorta a lower-midrange product line.

    They are different products. They are different things. Precision is important. They have names for a reason. So, just to be clear...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, it's really not. I know several people who use them, and they do not stand all day. They use it to stand when they want to, and sit when they want to.

    If they were meant to be used standing all day, they wouldn't be able to be adjusted to be used sitting.
    No, no you do not know anyone that uses a standing desk to sit and stand when they want to. They use a Sit/Stand desk, which is an entirely different fucking thing.

    Actually, teach - rutabaga.

    But hey, when you want to be top dog on an internet gaming forum by mocking others' intelligence, don't let a little thing like spelling bother you.
    Cool, take that up with my Cornish and Swedish relatives who taught me the word and taught me to cook with it. And neither Chrome nor the forum software flagged it. You're probably the type that wouldn't accept "colour" or "armour" as well. Its also funny that you corrected my spelling on a rather rare word that is spelled slightly differently in other forms of english but fucked up the entire sentence with a comma.

    Not that your characterization has anything to do with reality. Im not trying to be "top dog" of anything, im correcing factually incorrect "information" so that people reading it dont do something monumentally fucking stupid or believe something that is categorically untrue.

    But hey, what's that saying?

    Those who can't, teach? Not that i believe that, but you're lending some credence to the theory.

    Hope you like egg. 'Cause there's a fucking mountain of it all over your face.
    Last edited by Kagthul; Today at 12:57 AM.

  11. #51
    About the standing desk, I have a feeling people meant sit/stand desk when they said standing desk, yes wrong terminology, but guess we tend to not correct terms and just argue before pointing out they are two different things.

    But anywho I have a sit/stand desk and it's pretty awesome. Just if you get one, get one with profiles. Nothing is more annoying than it being ever so slightly off when you change it from standing to sitting. It's also pretty handy for small projects as it's far easier to do something like install a computer while standing than sitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoshanaeckhart View Post
    Of course I can still use what I have, however I'm feeling uncomfortable without having armrests.
    What ever you do.. Don't do that.. I did it and suffered from it.

    If you want to go cheap Ikea Markus is probably the one. But what ever you do go with test it before buying. Getting an expensive chair thinking it's good because it fits other people is a bad way to go about things, because your spine is unique and it might totally not like what others do.

  12. #52
    herman miller used to be good but now they are making gaming chairs as well (aeron gaming and embody gaming)
    its hard to find good non gaming chair now a days I would say go with secret labs or you could try a kneeling chair they are pretty good for gaming

  13. #53
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Lld View Post
    herman miller used to be good but now they are making gaming chairs as well (aeron gaming and embody gaming)
    its hard to find good non gaming chair now a days I would say go with secret labs or you could try a kneeling chair they are pretty good for gaming
    The Embody gaming chair is literally just a partnership with Logitech G afaik? Isn't it the exact same as the normal embody?

    You also have Steelcase, they're pretty well rated as well.

  14. #54
    To answer the earlier question, yes part of why I like the secretlabs chairs are how they look, I think for gaming chairs they look pretty good, some gaming chairs look tacky but my personal opinion is these ones look ok. I know not everyone will agree!
    I’d also like to point out comfort >>>> looks. So if the Secretlab chair is uncomfortable I wouldn’t consider getting it.

    The other brand I was considering was Nobelchairs, they also look pretty nice, does anyone have any experience with any of their chairs? Are they similar to secretlabs?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  15. #55
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,921
    If you specifically want a gaming chair, then Secretlabs might be the way to go as they seem to be one of the better brands for that style. Not had one myself, I had an Arozzi gaming chair and it has since been replaced as I did not find it comfortable.

    Edit: I would recommend getting fabric though and definitely not "leather".
    Last edited by Nerph-; Today at 05:32 AM.

  16. #56
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,610
    One of the top models from IKEA with net up and down, helps with the heat of the summer.

    There is literally no reason to follow an expensive brand. A char is a chair, should be confy and fresh. That´s all


    If your chair is in a living room, I would even go for a more design option, and less gaming option. But keep comfort in mind!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •