Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    so community, how do you feel now that another community not affiliated with your server now controls your servers VA raid. if those servers arent good at pvp and never have control, the server imbalance will worsen as most will flock to what faction controls WG the most. so what happens when an alliance and horde each from the same server, que up in different instances and both lose WG. how is that represented on their server? leave servers to fend for themselves. if servers are dying allow them to transfer for free and not to other low pop servers that just delays the inevitable.
    My realm started going Horde sometime back in TBC and was pretty much dominated in WotLK. Wintergrasp still changed often enough for everyone to kill the VA bosses. WG has tenacity which stacks up enough that you could win with a handful of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Well Riot doesn't molest their employees, so they can afford to keep prices down. That's not really a fair comparison.
    Half of those who were part of the group that was accused followed Ghostcrawler to Riot. Or are we going by if you go to the company the company has the guilt and you walk off innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Somebody with a.) $1,100 of disposable income to spend on limited production collectible and more than likely also b.) understands that it'll be worth tenfold what it is currently in about 25 years.
    You're genuinely delusional if you think this will rise in value so much.

Just because something is old and rare doesn't mean it's worth anything, you need people actually willing to pay for it. Overwatch simply was never something people cared that much about and no one will be willing to spend a lot of money on cheap plastic figures for a character sold to promote the mostly irrelevant "sequel" of a game that will be forgotten about

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

Just because something is old and rare doesn't mean it's worth anything, you need people actually willing to pay for it. Overwatch simply was never something people cared that much about and no one will be willing to spend a lot of money on cheap plastic figures for a character sold to promote the mostly irrelevant "sequel" of a game that will be forgotten about
    When I get a figurine or statue or other collectiable, it's not to sell it later. It's a) I like this thing and b) I think the price is fair and c) I can afford the thing.

I have the widowmaker they did on my mantle. I love widowmaker, I found the price to be well worth the quality and size . I might get the Mercy one day if they still sell it.

I don't like Rein enough to buy a statue let alone one that pricey lol

I had such absolute confidence that I was about to play WotL in a week or so. But then again, September is frighteningly close as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

yeah i guess ur right it is totally uncommon for collectible items from blizzard to increase in value over time

True, but Spectral Tiger is the most iconic mount in the game and was introduced near the absolute height of its popularity. It's also not a guaranteed thing, you didn't just go to Blizzard's store and buy the Tiger for $5 or something, you likely spent hundreds if not thousands on booster packs/boxes fishing for it.

The statue might appreciate in value (although never anything like 10x that's hilarious someone might think that) but very likely it'll depreciate simply because not that many people are into OW anymore and even less so will be in 25 years. Trying to sell that statue in 20+ years people would be like "What's that? Oh an old video game from 2016 that had a failed sequel? I'll give ya 50 bucks for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Oh yeah it's Games Workshop time
    Na, if it were GW the statue would cost a bit more than 2000$ (price of a Warlord Titan which is about as big), not be painted, and require assembly while having shitty mold lines and residue all over it.

Mind you, not being painted is part of the fun of the hobby, but jesus Forge World resin prices are still insane even by GW standards, which are insane by industry standards in the first place.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    True, but Spectral Tiger is the most iconic mount in the game and was introduced near the absolute height of its popularity. It's also not a guaranteed thing, you didn't just go to Blizzard's store and buy the Tiger for $5 or something, you likely spent hundreds if not thousands on booster packs/boxes fishing for it.

The statue might appreciate in value (although never anything like 10x that's hilarious someone might think that) but very likely it'll depreciate simply because not that many people are into OW anymore and even less so will be in 25 years. Trying to sell that statue in 20+ years people would be like "What's that? Oh an old video game from 2016 that had a failed sequel? I'll give ya 50 bucks for it".
    Other Blizzard statues have already proven that they are not depreciating, why would this one? Your vapid cynicism is completely unwarranted. I'll give you the "tenfold" comment was likely a bit hyperbolic (I've since edited the post) but my underlying point remains. These things will always have value to collectors, regardless of whether Joe Schmoe Forum User #438-D sees any value in it.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-07-23 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Other Blizzard statues have already proven that they are not depreciating, why would this one? Your vapid cynicism is completely unwarranted. I'll give you the "tenfold" comment was likely a bit hyperbolic (I've since edited the post) but my underlying point remains. These things will always have value to collectors, regardless of whether Joe Schmoe Forum User #438-D sees any value in it.
    Overwatch isn't WoW, though. It's a far less profitable and recognizable brand with less staying power—the appreciating value of statues of WoW characters doesn't strictly reflect that the same will go for Overwatch, especially if Overwatch 2 fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Overwatch isn't WoW, though. It's a far less profitable and recognizable brand with less staying power—the appreciating value of statues of WoW characters doesn't strictly reflect that the same will go for Overwatch, especially if Overwatch 2 fails.
    I'm glad you've travelled a decade into the future with that other guy and came to the same conclusion but I guess I'm one of those hopeless optimists who dares to hold judgement of a title's legacy until after the fucking product is released.

holy shit thats a steep price! Nevertheless, that statue will be sold out. Looks great, want one myself but cant spend that amount on a figurine.

This is being rushed.TBC is a better expansion. While I like certain aspects of WOTLK (talent trees, ulduar) and its easily the second best expansion, TBC is still better. This is especially prevalent with phase 5.
    Last edited by Aboostani; 2022-07-23 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    PVP match made.. ok.. wintergrasp match made.. its fine.. RDF matching making 5 mans.. the destruction of all social things in the game...? Wait... what? That last one doesnt seem to flow the direction everything else in the game seems to be going.
    Yeah it's the same thing ... Manually forming a group and going to the instance vs having 1% of the people who queue being able to get in the WG battle against no opponents. Oh wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember WG being an absolute clusterfuck at launch. People flying into the zone dismounting over the keep to parachute themselves inside cheesing the mechanics. Tauren players unable to leave the tower you spawned in because the door was too small, experienced that one myself. I could only leave it by using Eye of the Beast on my tauren female hunter.
    And the lag, omg the lag. You were lucky if you could fire off a single spell.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-07-23 at 12:27 PM.

As an avid statue collector 75+ from blizzard/sideshow / Prime 1 / other studios that statue is about 300 overpriced easy and prob 500 overpriced since blizz is not paying a license fee for their IP. What I don't understand more than anything is they don't have a payment plan, nor do they allow 3rd party payments like paypal/affirm for payment plans via the store, which will hurt sales on this. Let's not forget the Sylvanas 1/3rd scale bust is only 330, which is actually cheaper than I expected. Sure it's not as big as this one, but the detail is more complicated IMO, and it's done via Infinity Studio vs in-house. Infinity Studio tends to be expensive also. All that said will I be getting .... yep closer to release and hope for a discount code that works maybe with the CE or something.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    PVP match made.. ok.. wintergrasp match made.. its fine.. RDF matching making 5 mans.. the destruction of all social things in the game...? Wait... what? That last one doesnt seem to flow the direction everything else in the game seems to be going.
    Don't look for logic in anything these Classic devs do. There is none.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Yeah it's the same thing ... Manually forming a group and going to the instance vs having 1% of the people who queue being able to get in the WG battle against no opponents. Oh wait.
    One is match making and the other is match making? Yup, the same. Just because its useful isn't the debate. If match making is toxic to social interaction then its toxic to social interaction and needs to be purged from the game completely. Match making solves issues it doesn't create them. The example you provide helps prove this.

Let me know when LFD comes and I'll be there

If omar was still on the team he would've found a way to make it work