Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    so woke and other messy nonsense would still seep in just as much as all other nasty stuff
    duhhhhhh woke duhhhhh its woke garbage if it acknowledges that people who aren't straight exist duhhhhhh

    Imagine complaining about fucking "wokeness" in a game whose entire storyline follows on from a foreign race of "others" learning to accept all the other "others" and making a place for themselves in the world. You guys are fucked.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Sure it runs out one day but that day isn't soon.
    I think that day will be rather soonish, at least by "business standards".
    Blizzard already had TBC only for a mere year, Wotlk will not go on for much longer.
    Cata also doesn't have that much content and MoP isn't also that massive load of conent either.

    If you assume that Blizzard will let every phase run for like ~3 months, then the entire Wotlk - MoP cadance will not last longer than ~3 years.
    And i think past MoP, the interest will just sharply decline for obvious reasons, Cata and MoP will already see much smaller hype than TBC or Wotlk, let alone Classic.

    And 3 years aren't a lot of time, if Blizzard wants to hire at least a small team that works on actually new content and develops that content, that's going to take some time.
    At the end of the day, either they double down on the seasonal route akin to Season of Mastery or they actually go for a new timeline if they want to preserve their current Classic audience.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    duhhhhhh woke duhhhhh its woke garbage if it acknowledges that people who aren't straight exist duhhhhhh

    Imagine complaining about fucking "wokeness" in a game whose entire storyline follows on from a foreign race of "others" learning to accept all the other "others" and making a place for themselves in the world. You guys are fucked.
    Oh quit whining, even the most retarded among the masses are catching on to the fact that the woke bullshit is just the most retarded incarnation yet of hypocritical puritanical thinking.
    It may have ostensibly ditched the christian aspect, but it has definitely retained the counterproductivity and hypocrisy, and it just oozes American-ness with its absolutely amazing blindness regarding the existence of everything outside of the Anglosphere.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think that day will be rather soonish, at least by "business standards".
    Blizzard already had TBC only for a mere year, Wotlk will not go on for much longer.
    Cata also doesn't have that much content and MoP isn't also that massive load of conent either.

    If you assume that Blizzard will let every phase run for like ~3 months, then the entire Wotlk - MoP cadance will not last longer than ~3 years.
    And i think past MoP, the interest will just sharply decline for obvious reasons, Cata and MoP will already see much smaller hype than TBC or Wotlk, let alone Classic.

    And 3 years aren't a lot of time, if Blizzard wants to hire at least a small team that works on actually new content and develops that content, that's going to take some time.
    At the end of the day, either they double down on the seasonal route akin to Season of Mastery or they actually go for a new timeline if they want to preserve their current Classic audience.
    Not going to happen. I am more willing to bet they simply STOP making classic realms then start making a new game with it. This is easy free money for 3 years.

    Odds are higher they just reset the cycle. Surprise everyone classic is coming out again (but now it has some more changes) and then surprise TBC is out again (but now it has some more changes) and so on. When I say some changes probably merely systematic. Like it has some new dungon making tool in it that they made in WotLK. Acount wide mounts or something. Not suddenly new dungeons, raids, and talent trees.

    Making a new game, even if its just a WotLK look a like but with new mechanics, new maps, new systems takes a full support team. This company can hardly support the one version of WoW they got. Year long content gaps, systems that fail on launch, and now suddenly the plan is lets do it.. but.. TIMES TWO BABY!!

    Yeah, no.. isn't going to happen.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Not going to happen. I am more willing to bet they simply STOP making classic realms then start making a new game with it. This is easy free money for 3 years.
    This is highly unlikely, Classic has been a massive cashcow for Blizzard and has brought back previously lost audiences.
    Letting the train just stop means less income and less players for Blizzard, that's just not happening unless Blizzard absolutely sees no other possibility.

    This isn't like HotS or SC2 where players must engage in MTX in order for Blizzard to make a profit, if a player plays the game, it automatically means Blizzard makes a profit.
    And a player playing WoW for ~4-5 months is the equivalent to a Triple A title for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Odds are higher they just reset the cycle. Surprise everyone classic is coming out again (but now it has some more changes) and then surprise TBC is out again (but now it has some more changes) and so on. When I say some changes probably merely systematic. Like it has some new dungon making tool in it that they made in WotLK. Acount wide mounts or something. Not suddenly new dungeons, raids, and talent trees.
    It's arguably the most likeliest option but they have to realize that simply putting up the same thing will not bring a lot of players.
    We saw this Season of Mastery where players just didn't stay around long enough because Blizzard remained pretty conservative for their changes.

    Simply bringing in some largely cosmetic changes isn't going to have players stick around for longer.
    Because let's be real, any future season without class changes will suffer a similiar fate as SoM, people just aren't interested in playing something like the 1.12 class meta until the end of time.
    Any person who wants to play a hybrid class will not enjoy being pidgeonholed into healing forever.

    At least Blizzard hinted at class changes happening in future seasons, so i wouldn't outrule them entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Making a new game, even if its just a WotLK look a like but with new mechanics, new maps, new systems takes a full support team. This company can hardly support the one version of WoW they got. Year long content gaps, systems that fail on launch, and now suddenly the plan is lets do it.. but.. TIMES TWO BABY!!
    I really think that's overly dramatic, i don't think you need new systems of all things, considering how system aversed the WoW audience has become.
    I think it's about finding a philosophy and sticking to it, it's arguably been one of the reasons why Blizzard struggled to release expansions on time, WoW kept changing almost every expansion, which just makes production so much more difficult.

    Of course Blizzard has production issues, but that's something that needs to be resolved either way, especially since they now hired over 100 people just for WoW (which is supposedly already over 200 people large), if they can't develop the expertise to launch content on time with such a team size, then the leadership is in for a shakeup sooner or later.

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,564
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Oh quit whining, even the most retarded among the masses are catching on to the fact that the woke bullshit is just the most retarded incarnation yet of hypocritical puritanical thinking.
    It may have ostensibly ditched the christian aspect, but it has definitely retained the counterproductivity and hypocrisy, and it just oozes American-ness with its absolutely amazing blindness regarding the existence of everything outside of the Anglosphere.
    oh quit whining......
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    wasn't there a quest where you go to the bronze flights shrine and see your future self? did they close that loop already? i can't remember.

    if not they could utilize that in some way...
    It got closed in wrath. Pretty sure it was available after hitting 80.

    You go back and play with past you and they're surprised you dont have better gear yet.

  8. #48
    Nice fanfic OP.

    Blizzard has no plans of "developing" classic, especially seeing how much of an unpopular failure SoM was.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Oh quit whining, even the most retarded among the masses are catching on to the fact that the woke bullshit is just the most retarded incarnation yet of hypocritical puritanical thinking.
    It may have ostensibly ditched the christian aspect, but it has definitely retained the counterproductivity and hypocrisy, and it just oozes American-ness with its absolutely amazing blindness regarding the existence of everything outside of the Anglosphere.
    Lol. You can't even define "woke bullshit", let alone define it in the context of how this video game is somehow more "woke" than it was when the entire thing was an allegory to racism. Were you complaining in TBC about how woke they were creating a race of drug addicts that got clean with the help of a group of misfits?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nice fanfic OP.

    Blizzard has no plans of "developing" classic, especially seeing how much of an unpopular failure SoM was.
    We know that 1 of 3 things is going to happen.
    1: Blizzard moves on to Classiclysm.
    2: Blizzard does nothing, leaving Wrath to die.
    3: Blizzard develops new content in the “spirit” of classic.

    If SoM is used as validation for anything, it would swing in favor of developing new content for classic. If you think of SoM as a test run to gauge interest in the possibilities of “re-runs” for expansions, then data would suggest players aren’t interested in that

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think if Blizzard doesn’t do Classiclysm, there won’t be “expansions” in the way that we’ve known them up to today. I think there will be new content added, such as dungeons and raids with an adequately sized quest chains explaining the discovery and exploration of whatever new areas the dungeons/raids take us to.

    Essentially it would be the expansions we have had in retail up to this point, but without all the major “shake ups” we’ve had. The gameplay would remain the same. We play classic because we enjoyed how the classes played (along with the content ofc) back then, classic classes don’t need to be changed. If a class becomes blatantly obsolete, turn the knobs and make them relevant.

    New dungeons and raids would be placed (gear score wise) in a way that wouldn’t devalue the raid before it. Adding another step to the ladder, rather than installing an elevator to bypass the steps.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We know that 1 of 3 things is going to happen.
    1: Blizzard moves on to Classiclysm.
    2: Blizzard does nothing, leaving Wrath to die.
    3: Blizzard develops new content in the “spirit” of classic.

    If SoM is used as validation for anything, it would swing in favor of developing new content for classic. If you think of SoM as a test run to gauge interest in the possibilities of “re-runs” for expansions, then data would suggest players aren’t interested in that

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think if Blizzard doesn’t do Classiclysm, there won’t be “expansions” in the way that we’ve known them up to today. I think there will be new content added, such as dungeons and raids with an adequately sized quest chains explaining the discovery and exploration of whatever new areas the dungeons/raids take us to.

    Essentially it would be the expansions we have had in retail up to this point, but without all the major “shake ups” we’ve had. The gameplay would remain the same. We play classic because we enjoyed how the classes played (along with the content ofc) back then, classic classes don’t need to be changed. If a class becomes blatantly obsolete, turn the knobs and make them relevant.

    New dungeons and raids would be placed (gear score wise) in a way that wouldn’t devalue the raid before it. Adding another step to the ladder, rather than installing an elevator to bypass the steps.
    You're missing the entire point.

    The only reason why Blizzard launched Classic is because it's essentially free money. They don't have to develop any content. They just have to fix bugs and make sure the game is mostly running properly. Considering the skeleton crew they've been running the game with, the fact that people think Blizzard wants to develop totally brand new content for Classic is absolutely laughable.

    Like bruh, it takes them weeks/months just to fix single bugs. What makes you think that the team of 2 interns they have running the game can develop entirely new content? lmfao

    Not to mention the entire point of Classic was to re-host older versions of the game, not to have a "vanilla but with new content" thing that people seem to be obsessed with. It's not supposed to have new content. It's supposed to be the old version of the game, as it was (for the most part) Stop asking for new content. Classic is not for new content.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2022-07-26 at 02:11 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You're missing the entire point.

    The only reason why Blizzard launched Classic is because it's essentially free money. They don't have to develop any content. They just have to fix bugs and make sure the game is mostly running properly. Considering the skeleton crew they've been running the game with, the fact that people think Blizzard wants to develop totally brand new content for Classic is absolutely laughable.

    Like bruh, it takes them weeks/months just to fix single bugs. What makes you think that the team of 2 interns they have running the game can develop entirely new content? lmfao

    Not to mention the entire point of Classic was to re-host older versions of the game, not to have a "vanilla but with new content" thing that people seem to be obsessed with. It's not supposed to have new content. It's supposed to be the old version of the game, as it was (for the most part) Stop asking for new content. Classic is not for new content.
    You’re the one missing the point, which is to say, you have no clue what blizzard is going to do. Nobody does. All we can do is speculate. If mere speculation is enough to trigger you into trying to bully people out of discussing what they would enjoy… well.. that’s sad. Catch up and understand that what was, won’t always be.

    Just because they’re allegedly running it with a skeleton crew today, does NOT mean that once Classic WotLK is over they’ll put more developers on it. Not only that, but if they’re not working on graphic overhauls or massive class changes, they don’t need a large team to develop content. Again that’s just one of three possibilities, maybe four if you consider the possibility that they just start over with vanilla.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Not to mention the entire point of Classic was to re-host older versions of the game, not to have a "vanilla but with new content" thing that people seem to be obsessed with.
    And they're already deviating from that in Classic Wotlk, they specifically said they want to add new stuff to heroic dungeons to keep them relevant.
    I doubt it's going to be anything groundbreaking but still, intent is there.

    I'm not saying that this somehow confirms Blizzard will develop full fledged content for Classic, but i also say that many of people who outright refuse to consider the notion sound a lot like the people who said in 2015 when Nostalrius blew up that "Vanilla servers will never happen".

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    You’re the one missing the point, which is to say, you have no clue what blizzard is going to do. Nobody does. All we can do is speculate.
    And I am basing my speculation on what has happened in the past three years.

    A skeleton crew that is barely enough to keep the game online and mostly functioning.

    This is not a crew that can develop completely new content for the game. Because Blizzard has no plans of doing so. The entire point of Classic was just to re-host the old expansions, not to make new content. Which is exactly why they did it in the first place, because it takes so little effort but brought in hundreds of thousands more players.

    If you look at how little Blizzard has done over the past 3 years and think "hmm maybe they'll develop whole new expansions of content for classic", I can only respond by calling you completely fuckin' delusional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    If mere speculation is enough to trigger you
    You seem to be the one getting triggered over being told the truth of the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And they're already deviating from that in Classic Wotlk, they specifically said they want to add new stuff to heroic dungeons to keep them relevant.
    I doubt it's going to be anything groundbreaking but still, intent is there.
    There's a very distinct difference between making small tweaks to existing content and developing totally new content.

    Like, even Season of Mastery, literally all they did was take the existing raid bosses and stack some more mechanics onto each one. That's not really new content, that's just making tweaks to existing content.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2022-07-26 at 07:39 PM.

  15. #55
    Zero chance that happens, wow barely puts funding and effort into developing retail WoW… no chance they’d run 2 versions of new WoW

    I wish they would tho, I was a big supporter of classic+ but they decided to go tbc and wotlk path. Once they did that for classic rather than a classic+, the writing was on the wall.

    I wish they would OP but they wont

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We know that 1 of 3 things is going to happen.
    1: Blizzard moves on to Classiclysm.
    2: Blizzard does nothing, leaving Wrath to die.
    3: Blizzard develops new content in the “spirit” of classic.
    Or the most obvious possibility :

    4. They restart the cycle with a new Classic release, then TBC, then Wotlk.

  17. #57
    Warchief roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,202
    I think Blizz *may* end up doing classic+.

    They'll definitely do Cata Classic and keep going through the expansions because it's free money.

    But SoM shows that the devs can make good changes and are willing to try new things. SoM failed, but I'd argue it was due to it being too similar to content we just played, and the class balance wasn't addressed. If the devs made new content with wrath balance and mechanics, that is classic+'s best chance. A lot of classic players are only hanging on until Wrath is over because they hate Cata.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Like, even Season of Mastery, literally all they did was take the existing raid bosses and stack some more mechanics onto each one. That's not really new content, that's just making tweaks to existing content.
    Considering that when SoM launched, they were still developing TBC and now Wotlk, you can kinda see that SoM wasn't a big priority for them.

    Going by the topic itself, it's obvious that people are discussing what's going to happen next, as long as they choose to simply relaunch expansion after expansion, they obviously will not develop new content.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Or the most obvious possibility :

    4. They restart the cycle with a new Classic release, then TBC, then Wotlk.
    I wouldn't say it's the most obvious, but it is definitely a possibility though. I kinda skipped over it in my head when I wrote that one for some reason. I wouldn't say it's the most obvious, though. I doubt people would be willing to sacrifice everything they've got just to start over again. Some might, but.. It certainly wouldn't have the same attraction as the first time. If they're gonna restart everything over at some point, I hope they do it after Cata. Cata was a lot of fun.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I think Blizz *may* end up doing classic+.

    They'll definitely do Cata Classic and keep going through the expansions because it's free money.

    But SoM shows that the devs can make good changes and are willing to try new things. SoM failed, but I'd argue it was due to it being too similar to content we just played, and the class balance wasn't addressed. If the devs made new content with wrath balance and mechanics, that is classic+'s best chance. A lot of classic players are only hanging on until Wrath is over because they hate Cata.
    I personally think this is the best option. They've gone out of their way to make changes "in the spirit of classic" in a few areas. There's no reason why they can't keep it going with new content. Maybe drum up some old ideas they had planned along the way and figure out how to spin it into a new zone and with a few dungeons and a raid. With Classic, it doesn't have to be big. As long as it doesn't invalidate the content before it, and it keeps classic feeling like classic, they can add as much stuff as they like.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE error made in cata was cross-realm groups for dungeons and raids. that drove a spike (a sargeras' sized sword?) into in-game communities and drastically altered the game from one where you have a large community of players experiencing the game together to a game where we are all mercenaries for hire dipping in and out of raids and dungeons without saying a word. the social aspect of WoW utterly died and it turned into mostly a single-player game sometimes played with other people that might as well be NPCs.

    wow is not even the same game after that. its a shell of itself.
    wat, are you one of this people who cant make friends without having them forced to play with you ? WoWs community aspect was great in cata and even your beloved ´´ people know your name on the server even if you are a average player ´´ still existed. Just slowly times shifted to how its today: either you are social , good at the game , unable to force people to play with you anymore since people can choose someone likeable now, which makes you mad it seems

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •