Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, that might be the better option.
    at least have the edges of the stacked skins be somewhat frayed (they don't have to be bloodied, I'd assume a professional would clean the skins?) but certainly show a full pelt if you are adding the head.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-23 at 10:56 AM.

Well each race for their own if you are a midget race like gnome or goblin then the head is small compared to example a male tauren equipping the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I was just trying to point out that the reason the shape is "boring" is because it's not a designed bag, it's just a stack of folded hides roped to a wooden shelf.

I mean, I guess you could throw more stuff (antlers, etc.) on the side, but too much more and it's going to just look overcrowded and completely lose the practical/simplistic look of a frame carrying pelts, and also miss the point of the profession, which is about skinning leather/hides/pelts not 'hunting'.
    You don't have to add antlers or big objects... maybe adding a hanging rope, making it look more like a makeshift thing. Pelts or what not hanging out a little bit more. Maybe add a tool.

Sorting out textures to make it look less pristine (boring in this context) as @Nymrohd mentioned.

As an example, you know stack of books in games and what not? It's rarely they are used and placed as perfect stacks, and same goes for bookshelves. Even if we in RL tend to want things neat, it looks dull in art. So you make the books in different heights, you make them shift a bit in the stack so it sticks out a little bit, makes the silhouette a bit more interesting. Having a book leaning on another book instead of staying straight etc etc. It makes it more interesting to look at.

So i'm not saying you need to make it busy, but it certainly needs something so it doesn't look boring.

To continue the bookshelves analogy. The bear head is like if you have a place with good organization and everything is being neat (because you want to convey the person owning it is of a certain character or the place is X, you name it), then you have one part that is a mess. Which is often used to draw the persons eye, often for puzzles sake, to that place. But if there's no reason for it to look out of place, then it just look out of place.
    The bear is kinda like that, so adding a bit of a mess to rest of it, would make it look tied together.

I might just overanalyze things.. but eh, it's fun.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-23 at 11:08 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Well each race for their own if you are a midget race like gnome or goblin then the head is small compared to example a male tauren equipping the same item.
    I really think it will clip horribly with most hairstyles

10+ Year Old Account
    I also carry a giant tooth on my dentist's backpack.

This looks silly, period

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

This looks silly, period
    If dentists were hunters and tooths were trophies, this would make sense.

I don't find the backpack offensive in the least, it just looks bad on humans imo.

I would have preferred each race getting its own style of backpack, that pack would look pretty good on a tauren or orc.

Do you know what's skinning and what skinning knives are used for? Have you seen a real life hunter's lodge/cabin/club?
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

1+ Year Old Account
    wow players not complaining about the smallest things challenge (impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

This looks silly, period
    If you were a dentist for dragons and dragon teeth sold quite well, would you pull them and just leave them on the ground? Or would you take the extracted teeth with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    If dentists were hunters and tooths were trophies, this would make sense.
    And other teeth would fear your name for years to come.

Here we have a neatly organized backpack with pelts and essentials for the wild. Then you just plop a bear head on top of it all.
    A portion of a bear pelt hanging from the side/the back would have made more sense tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People really need to stop playing T rated games if something as basic as skinning offends them.
    I ran into a player in my long time spent playing WoW that was convinced the game was rated E and everything was too violent for the rating.
    If my memory serves me right this was post-Cata.

Edit: Backpack needs more animal parts. Maybe a bunch of deer legs hanging off the side? Or a bundle of rabbits feet?

Does it wink at you after half a minute tho?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Is that so? I was under the impression it was just normal gear you'd equip when doing profession stuff. So if you're going on a mining run you'll put on all your mining gear and then swap it for your JC gear to prospect the ore.

I really hope it's not just a visual thing...
    From what I gather, It will be gear but it wont go on your regular equip slots. It will have separate profession equip slots. Not sure if it is one set of slots for all professions (that you swap between) or slots for each of the professions (2 primary + all the secondaries) with gear for each. The visuals are only supposed to appear when performing actions related to that profession. Otherwise it would be your regular gear visuals that appear.
    Last edited by DeWumpus; 2022-07-24 at 04:28 AM. Reason: clarity
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

It might be realistic but that's not the point.
    Looking at a probably recently cut off bear head just makes me feel uncomfortable.
    I wouldn't choose to wear or xmog this as I would have to look at it for longer amounts of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    The head part does look dumb.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    no problems with skinning or hunting IRL, or even using animal paws as fist weapons in game, but this is just a bit..... off
    So your fine with eating their organs, making weapons from their claws, and wearing their skin as armor but having their head sitting on a backpack is too far?

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Okay fine, adult head (could still be a younger bear as we dont know how big backpack is in preportion to your back), still looks stupid. Have a bunch of you know...pelts...skins...hanging out of your backpack.
    What do you think that is folded up underneath the head?

Well now - if they put the whole bear on it would be too heavy wouldn't it? I really don't see any alternative to decapitation.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Dont get me wrong, love what Blizzard has done so far, but this just looks stupid...

waste not, want not?

I mean, the skull can be used, the teeth can be used, and the skin there as well, can be used. I think it looks fine. A little extreme but you are a skinner, so, dragging a knife along a dead creature to skin it, is extreme already.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..