Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Imo i think it looks cool, it could work with this piece of gear

I'm fairly certain it's to pay homage to the meme of "if you skin a bear, it should aggro all bears within x radius"

You should try skinning an animal, after killing it. Keeping the head would be the least of the things that would offend you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Do you know what's skinning and what skinning knives are used for? Have you seen a real life hunter's lodge/cabin/club?
    Have you ever seen a hunter walking around with an eyeless bear head on the flap of their knapsack?

All y'all acting smug about skinning sound so childish. The backpack looks really stupid. Not offensive. Stupid. Much less stupid than a bear skin helm. It just looks dumb. So plenty of us skinners won't use it. Tada.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Have you ever seen a hunter walking around with an eyeless bear head on the flap of their knapsack?

All y'all acting smug about skinning sound so childish. The backpack looks really stupid. Not offensive. Stupid. Much less stupid than a bear skin helm. It just looks dumb. So plenty of us skinners won't use it. Tada.
    Actually, yes, hunters do in fact carry the head and its skin/fur on/in their pack. Educate yourself before making baseless comments, just makes you look ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Dont get me wrong, love what Blizzard has done so far, but this just looks stupid...

mate have you like...
    never seen a bearskin rug?
    like idk why it is a thing, but this is already a thing in wow, cause it is super common IRL too.

Bearskin rugs still having the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeWumpus View Post
    From what I gather, It will be gear but it wont go on your regular equip slots. It will have separate profession equip slots. Not sure if it is one set of slots for all professions (that you swap between) or slots for each of the professions (2 primary + all the secondaries) with gear for each. The visuals are only supposed to appear when performing actions related to that profession. Otherwise it would be your regular gear visuals that appear.
    there is profession slots, and when you do a profession thing they will appear, and will stay until you enter combat. they also give bonus stats, not just cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I see that others have already replied to you with photos. Why is it always that people with little knowledge end up calling others smug, instead of just opening up to knowing more things?
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Someone will probably start a campaign on the general forums to get this changed, and Blizzard will cave in as usual.

I havent seen that backpack before, i lol'd. That looks so rediculous, Love it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Disagree with the OP. This backpack looks great.
    Goes perfect with my hunter who loves to kill and skin animals, I wish we also could make trophies of our kills...this backpack will suffice for now.

Adult or young bear, that's a morbid thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I see that others have already replied to you with photos. Why is it always that people with little knowledge end up calling others smug, instead of just opening up to knowing more things?
    Those pictures are not what the backpack in WoW is. The backpack in WoW has a permanent dead bear head attached to it with the eyes removed.

The photos shown are of hunters who just killed those animals. Big difference.

Unless you think all skinners went out and beheaded a bear right before hopping into a raid. Get real, smuglord.

1+ Year Old Account
    As a bearheadphobic this item is triggering to me.

Blizzard, pander to my mental illnesses immediately, or I will take this to social media and make a mess!

never thought a freaking profession BACKPACK would spark this big of a discussion.

Its a backpack.... you only wear it while skinning and i think you can even mog it away. Last i read they have not finalized how the profession getup works.

That is whining on a whole other level tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    As a bearheadphobic this item is triggering to me.

Blizzard, pander to my mental illnesses immediately, or I will take this to social media and make a mess!
    Swing and a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    A backpack full of pelts makes more sense to me. Not a fricken head.
    nah this looks more badass. Don't ruin it. Demand more.

Those pictures are not what the backpack in WoW is. The backpack in WoW has a permanent dead bear head attached to it with the eyes removed.
    So, you want Dynamic Backpacks that always show what you have done the last X TimeUnits, or whatever you actually have in your Inventory at any given time? Thats a Technological Complaint, and not a Art Design. Might wanna stick to one thing.

The photos shown are of hunters who just killed those animals.
    Which is what the Profession Backpack is supposed to look? This is gear that is related to that Specific Profession, so it SHOULD LOOK like did recently the associated things, or are doing them right now.

Unless you think all skinners went out and beheaded a bear right before hopping into a raid. Get real, smuglord.
    Then dont wear your Profession Gear to Raid. Oo Thats like showing up to an Amusement Park/Party in your Work Overalls and complain that you Look Stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    So, you want Dynamic Backpacks that always show what you have done the last X TimeUnits, or whatever you actually have in your Inventory at any given time? Thats a Technological Complaint, and not a Art Design. Might wanna stick to one thing.

Which is what the Profession Backpack is supposed to look? This is gear that is related to that Specific Profession, so it SHOULD LOOK like did recently the associated things, or are doing them right now.

Then dont wear your Profession Gear to Raid. Oo Thats like showing up to an Amusement Park/Party in your Work Overalls and complain that you Look Stupid.
    I mean, I'd also think a weapon that had permanent blood all over it would look dumb. A quiver that always has semi full stock of arrows looks dumb in and out of context. Sometimes I even think armor sets that have perpetually bubbling cauldrons or blazing fires on them look stupid too.

It's just a fucking opinion on the aesthetic, first. And second, the plausibility comes into play when deciding how ridiculous I think it may look. I'm aware I don't need to wear the thing or I can transmog it or something.

It still looks dumb.

The photos shown are of hunters who just killed those animals. Big difference.

Some choose to display/wear a trophy, especially in ancient times, some don't. Now the game gives you the option. What are you trying to accomplish with a dead argument? This thread itself is dead. For the record, I don't like the bear head, but I don't try to make a point when there is none.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.