Arena World Championship 2022 Cross-Region Tournament

Arena World Championship 2022 Cross-Region Tournament
    The Arena World Championship 2022 Cross-Region Tournament is here! Watch top teams from North America and Europe face off against one another for the the title of 2022 Arena World Champion!

During this event, players that connect their Blizzard account with YouTube and watch the livestream for a total of 2 hours will earn the Fearless Spectator achievement and title.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-08-19 at 05:32 PM.

Nobody gives a fuck. Sorry, I just had to say this.

tying titles and achievements to events not related to actually playing the game is a pretty shitty way to get people to watch this shit and boost their revenue under the guise of viewership (that doesnt even really exist outside of people wanting to collect in game items) they have always done it tho, to get attraction to their product. free mount for playing hearthstone. its pathetic.

Having to bribe and bait your own playerbase to even watch this trash says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    tying titles and achievements to events not related to actually playing the game is a pretty shitty way to get people to watch this shit and boost their revenue under the guise of viewership (that doesnt even really exist outside of people wanting to collect in game items) they have always done it tho, to get attraction to their product. free mount for playing hearthstone. its pathetic.
    Yeah the first thing I thought of when I read this was, "Wait, what?"

Imagine how pissed an achievement collector would be if they're just chilling and they suddenly see a new thing that they don't have. They ask how to get it and the answer is, "Oh, it was a special achievement you got for watching an IRL stream for 2 hours."

?????? I'm all for limited time events that give achievements, but normally they last a lot longer than this and don't require you to sit there and watch a livestream LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I put it on the background with mute on got the achievement and left.

Remember when arena was fun to watch and you’d get clips like the epic orange marmalade 1v2 or the “DOWN GOES VENRUKI”. Oh man those were the times.

Let's just be thankful that the title is dogshit at least.

The cringy youtube reaction faces are the icing on this shit turd.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Indeed, but at least it is more interesting than the M+ tournaments... that is utter rubish. Watching 5 people do what is obviously a known outcome.
    At least in pvp you can´t quite guess what will happen.

That is easily the shittest thumbnail I have seen in the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    Remember when arena was fun to watch and you’d get clips like the epic orange marmalade 1v2 or the “DOWN GOES VENRUKI”. Oh man those were the times.
    Orange marmalade was a great game but the "down goes venruki" was just a random one shot. i wouldn't really lean on that as a great moment in WoW pvp history.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    I agree 100%. I watched exactly the amount of time I needed to get the FOS Title and I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    Orange marmalade was a great game but the "down goes venruki" was just a random one shot. i wouldn't really lean on that as a great moment in WoW pvp history.
    I mean we both remember it from over 10 years ago right? Lol.

It may not have been this amazing battle but that’s what made wotlk arena fun was that sometimes shit just went pop. Even without cooldowns sometimes that happened. Point being the arena back then was just amazing to watch because it was easy to follow and you never knew what would happen sometimes.

Now it’s just boring cooldown trading for 10 minutes every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I mean we both remember it from over 10 years ago right? Lol.

It may not have been this amazing battle but that’s what made wotlk arena fun was that sometimes shit just went pop. Even without cooldowns sometimes that happened. Point being the arena back then was just amazing to watch because it was easy to follow and you never knew what would happen sometimes.

Now it’s just boring cooldown trading for 10 minutes every fight.
    Healers are dramatically overtuned, which is the main issue with WoW PvP and has been for a while, in addition to time to kill being too high. The fact that dampening even exists is a problem. Why not just weaken them across the board in PvP to prevent dampening from even needing to exist? A 40% nerf on all healing would resolve a lot of problems.

So basically, every arena match at high rating is lasting 10 to 15 minutes.

For some reason they think a healer needs to be able to match 3 players' damage output. Throw in line of sight breaking and running around posts and you create a garbage viewing experience and un-fun gameplay if you're participating.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Healers are dramatically overtuned, which is the main issue with WoW PvP and has been for a while, in addition to time to kill being too high. The fact that dampening even exists is a problem. Why not just weaken them across the board in PvP to prevent dampening from even needing to exist? A 40% nerf on all healing would resolve a lot of problems.

So basically, every arena match at high rating is lasting 10 to 15 minutes.

For some reason they think a healer needs to be able to match 3 players' damage output. Throw in line of sight breaking and running around posts and you create a garbage viewing experience and un-fun gameplay if you're participating.
    For me, it’s the reliance on cooldowns and classes having too many oh shit buttons. Like when someone drops to 5% health it always feels like “oh the healer pushed his oh shit button and he is 100% health now, guess we wait another 3 minutes to see what happens”.

Where as in a setting like wotlk an oh shit button might get you like 30% health back. There’s never any suspense it seems of a healer or dps hovering at 15% health just waiting to die any second. It’s always 100% health for 2 minutes, cooldowns popped and everyone drops to 10% and then back to 100% in the matter of them trading cooldowns and now we wait.

So yes, like you said if healers were nerfed, get rid of the cooldown reliant gameplay, and have it actually be a suspense match then it would be way more fun to watch.