Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    PvP is 100% irrelevant sidecontent. Do not balance the game around it.
    they dont rly need to,they can make pvp only changes that work only in that scenario

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagera View Post
    If you read his replies to your comment, he kind of roasted you even with English not being his native language.

    Funny.
    What is there to roast? They agreed with me?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    What's kind've funny about this comment, quoting their comment, is that it goes to show the epitome of not being able to please everyone. One camp will hate any changes due to PVP, while the other camp with hate changes due to PVE. Although, you have to admit the lesser of two evils is not catering to the smaller PVP camp.
    I think the proof is in the numbers too. Every PVP focused MMO has basically failed to find long term success. Meanwhile Final Fantasy, a game that focuses almost entirely on PVE (I know it has PVP, but I rarely see players talk about it), has become the largest MMO behind WoW.

    I mean, I'm sorry PVP'rs, but if you wanna own noobs the battle royals are ---> that way.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Well if it aint then hes writing pretty damn well for a non-native!
    I simply meant it as they didn't understand that I was agreeing with them...

    Just to reiterate as point-blank as I can. I don't think balancing around (world) PVP should be a real care when the overwhelming majority of the content is PVE, and the content that isn't PVE is instanced to where they can play with their modifiers and other tweaks.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    He is just trying to deflect from the topic. I dont know what he think he did by saying i am a non native English speaker - most people here arent i guess?

    Maybe he thinks being monolinguistic means he is more intelligent? :P
    "Although, you have to admit the lesser of two evils is not catering to the smaller PVP camp."

    He said that PVPers are the minority and you responded with "you're wrong, PVPers are the minority."
    Alturic was pointing out that you misunderstood his statement and then agreed with him.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Pee Vee Pee has always been a sidegame in WoW. An afterthought.

    Honor System wasn't in until after launch, BGs after that.
    You mean like every other feature that got introduced over the years?

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    You mean like every other feature that got introduced over the years?
    Dungeons - raids - pve - leveling

  8. #128
    DK was op in Wotlk, DH was op in Legion. Evoker will be op in Dragonflight. The reason is simple, an op new hero class is a huge driver for expansion sales. It's not a p2w system, but it does straddle the line to intentionally have an imbalanced new hero class that requires purchasing an expansion to play. Then around 11.0, Blizz will tune them down to be more balanced since the need for them to be op will have passed. It's a pattern they've followed for a long time though, so I'd say just expect this is how it will go. And expect to see a whooole lot of Evokers.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    DK was op in Wotlk, DH was op in Legion. Evoker will be op in Dragonflight. The reason is simple, an op new hero class is a huge driver for expansion sales. It's not a p2w system, but it does straddle the line to intentionally have an imbalanced new hero class that requires purchasing an expansion to play. Then around 11.0, Blizz will tune them down to be more balanced since the need for them to be op will have passed. It's a pattern they've followed for a long time though, so I'd say just expect this is how it will go. And expect to see a whooole lot of Evokers.
    Don’t forget how angry people were with Monk’s FoF stunning targets.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    "Although, you have to admit the lesser of two evils is not catering to the smaller PVP camp."

    He said that PVPers are the minority and you responded with "you're wrong, PVPers are the minority."
    Alturic was pointing out that you misunderstood his statement and then agreed with him.
    He said pvp'ers is the smaller camp but thats not accurate. They are an extreme minority. :/

  11. #131

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    He said pvp'ers is the smaller camp but thats not accurate. They are an extreme minority. :/
    So they are the smaller camp?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So they are the smaller camp?
    Smaller camp != extreme minority.

    Just like the correct sentence to describe LGTB wouldnt be "smaller camp" as it implies some sort of semi equal footing in terms of size.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Smaller camp != extreme minority.

    Just like the correct sentence to describe LGTB wouldnt be "smaller camp" as it implies some sort of semi equal footing in terms of size.
    You mean LGBT?
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    You mean LGBT?
    Does the order really matter?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Does the order really matter?
    Yes
    /10chars
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Yes
    /10chars
    It does? Who says? I mean, wouldn't LGBT be wrong too then? Or does the authority who says the order matters doesn't agree it's LGBTQ+?

  17. #137
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    4,366
    I don't think this topic is even relevant to the thread

  18. #138
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    41,241
    This thread isn't about real-world identity politics or polemic. Let's return to discussing Evokers.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Smaller camp != extreme minority.

    Just like the correct sentence to describe LGTB wouldnt be "smaller camp" as it implies some sort of semi equal footing in terms of size.
    I - .... got an infraction for making a size comparison?

    Is that really how fucking soft we have gone?

    Like there was literally no ill intent here? WTF you mods are literally so pathetic lol.

    And yeah as per usual i dont care so do your worst.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about real-world identity politics or polemic. Let's return to discussing Evokers.
    How about infracting the people actually doing the derailing you coward.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    who cares about pvp
    memememememememememe
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •