Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worried. Evoker is currently garbage at 1v1 PVP in the beta, everybody beats them, everybody has more tools than them for PVP. They're very similar to elemental shaman.

They have some kind of insta nuke gimmick like in the video below, but if they can't kill you with it, they're done.

They may be a threat in arena but I don't do arena PVP, so I don't give a shit.

Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-09-05 at 08:36 AM.

The length people go to dismiss content they suck at is crazy strong in this thread. Yes, we get it, you got owned too many times in PvP and your defensive mechanism kicked it so now you belittle pvpers and PvP content as sidegame/afterthought/whatever.

If you don't want to discuss evokers power in PvP then at least don't make a fool of yourself trying to use this thread as some sort of opportunity to attack PvP content. You guys are like those vegans who have to tell everyone that eating meet is bad even if nobody around cares about their opinion.

You have nothing to add to a PvP thread then go find a pve-everyoneisawinner-mode thread and see if you can actually contribute to a discussion there.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I - .... got an infraction for making a size comparison?

Is that really how fucking soft we have gone?

Like there was literally no ill intent here? WTF you mods are literally so pathetic lol.

And yeah as per usual i dont care so do your worst.

- - - Updated - - -

How about infracting the people actually doing the derailing you coward.
    That mod literally closes 80% of threads on this forum for “blog content” or whatever else he/she seems to feel like on that day. Power trippin on a game forum, lol. Their post count screams real life winner too

Evoker will be fine after all the bugs and rework before launch... Looks at sky to see if its raining frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations45 View Post
    Evoker will be fine after all the bugs and rework before launch... Looks at sky to see if its raining frogs.
    Pretty much, Evoker will be undesired and weak at launch though. If Blizzard is not crazy overtuning the class for launch, Evoker will be a very disappointing experience to play. Death Knight started strong and only got nerfed over time, this will be more like a Monk situation. Won't help with Evoker population though, the class has just too many downsides to be desirable to play.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Biggest mistake they ever made, was making PvP relevant. Should have kept it casual bg smashfest. Ever since then PvP crowd has been whining about class balance, and getting the classes destroyed as a result. Here's another great example. Already at it again, even tho expansion is in alpha stage still.

Blizz, it's still not too late to make PvP go the way of archeology, or pet battles. Just do it.
    Yeah, because PvE'ers have never been known to QQ. >_>

You ask me, as a PvE'er, I think it's mostly PvE oriented design that's ruined the game. The rotations of the modern game are absurd and unnecessarily irritating. Far from providing freedom and opportunities for clever plays, they instead simply set up a very specific sequence of moves that, if not followed closely, tanks your DPS to oblivion. PvP'ers didn't ask for that, PvE'ers did.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes,like i said,noob slayer,thats the 2k range,but they werent top dps in raids,far from it,and they didnt dominated pvp ladders,2k was small fries,i had 2.4k in 3's and 2.7k in 2's as holy,and i considiered myself pretty mediocre

- - - Updated - - -

well yeah but dks were like 15 years ago,most of the people on this forum werent even born yet
    s5 DKs were absolutely busted.

plague strike removed hots (whose bright idea was that???)

you could spam icy touch for 4-5k combined with the same dmg death coils and just out dps ranged characters from range it was absolutely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    From playing Evoker in beta for a while - even balancing aside, it's squishy AF and Empower is pretty shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    From playing Evoker in beta for a while - even balancing aside, it's squishy AF and Empower is pretty shit too.
    It's fine atm. People just parrot their YouTube daddies and screech something is op/bad without being able to play it themselves.

Could it get a slight buff to solo questing? Yea. Rest is fine

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    It's fine atm. People just parrot their YouTube daddies and screech something is op/bad without being able to play it themselves.

The entirety of the Evoker beta forum posters is disagreeing with you.

This is exaggerated, for sure. But overall the reception to Evoker - gameplay and performance - is very mixed and lukewarm at best.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The entirety of the Evoker beta forum posters is disagreeing with you.

This is exaggerated, for sure. But overall the reception to Evoker - gameplay and performance - is very mixed and lukewarm at best.
    Ofcourse. They want it to be a #1 class. For the content I do, which is heroic and early mythic bosses it feels fine. And that's the max the vast majority of the player base does.

Ofcourse. They want it to be a #1 class. For the content I do, which is heroic and early mythic bosses it feels fine. And that's the max the vast majority of the player base does.
    M+ would like a word...

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    M+ would like a word...
    M+ is actually better suited for Evoker than raiding (reason being, again, the range). They will do fine in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account

Bruh I am literally playing Evoker on beta.

The fuck are you on? It's not parroting, it's how it is. You're made of fucking paper and Empowers feel completely dogshit to use.

They are passable if you set "Press and Tap", but it's still shit. They are long AF casts and the decision making does not really exist for key ones.

Appart from a few voices, there's quite a consensus around evoker needing a lot of work.

They introduce 2 new "mechanics" : Short range and Empower spells which are both detrimental to the spec .... When some 15 year old mechanics feel more fluid than the shiny new class that is supposed to be the new toy of the xpac, there is a problem.

Each time i'm throwing an empower spell / deep breath i can go get a coffee because of how long the animation takes and how many gcd it induces, it feels like completly cutting the rotation to the point i'm nervous when it's getting off cooldown.

That clunkiness is somehow supposed to be compensated by hover WHICH ALSO INDUCE AN ANIMATION AND A GCD. Man when i spend half of my essences on a spell and something comes under my feet and my choice is :

1- i move instantly and lose my 3 essences
    or
    2- I use hover, it still stop my 3 essences cast AND it induce an animation and a GCD

it feels bad ... Escepcially when my main in an ele shaman and when this situation happens, i just press spiritwalker grace and *magic* i'm just casting while moving without interupting anything.

Also the range, ... yesterday i had to make a bug report because a quest was asking me to pull bird on the sky and they're too far away. Literally EVERY Class can but the new class .... I can not wait to see raid testing with 25yards...

This class is a disastr waiting to happen. it NEEDS a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruh I am literally playing Evoker on beta.

The fuck are you on? It's not parroting, it's how it is. You're made of fucking paper and Empowers feel completely dogshit to use.

They are passable if you set "Press and Tap", but it's still shit. They are long AF casts and the decision making does not really exist for key ones.
    Starting with an ad hominem. Classy! Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. Could they be better? Sure!
    Are they completely unplayable and horrendous? No

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    That mod literally closes 80% of threads on this forum for “blog content” or whatever else he/she seems to feel like on that day. Power trippin on a game forum, lol. Their post count screams real life winner too
    Ya some of the mods on the site indeed take their personal butthurt out on others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    nerf it nerf it nerf it. That fly ability lets healers just fly out of deathgrip range when they are stunned with asphyxiate. Nerf it.
    DKs were OP, DH were OP, Monks were OP. Why would Evokers would not be OP ? Thats normal idea of new class. Anyway they will balance it and rebuild on other classes is still in progress so no worry.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    s5 DKs were absolutely busted.

plague strike removed hots (whose bright idea was that???)

you could spam icy touch for 4-5k combined with the same dmg death coils and just out dps ranged characters from range it was absolutely ridiculous.
    s5 was completly busted for many specs and combos,beast cleave destroyed almost anything in 3's in s5,but by the mid dks werent rly all that amazing,decent yes,but not busted at all,also in pve they were pretty meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting with an ad hominem. Classy! Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. Could they be better? Sure!
    Are they completely unplayable and horrendous? No
    What the heck are you talking about? Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. First of all - how do you know? You can see future? The said content is not even testable to begin with.

Secondly, I am not talking about some hypotheticals - I am talking about what is going on right now in beta, where I both leveled Evoker to 70 and did whatever little content is available there.

There is no ad hominem in pointing out you're full of shit, talking about things you did not even try. And don't be cute with me - you started this with your "parroting" bullshit out of nowhere - you don't even bloody know me to make any such claim.