Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Starting with an ad hominem. Classy! Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. Could they be better? Sure!
    Are they completely unplayable and horrendous? No
    What the heck are you talking about? Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. First of all - how do you know? You can see future? The said content is not even testable to begin with.

    Secondly, I am not talking about some hypotheticals - I am talking about what is going on right now in beta, where I both leveled Evoker to 70 and did whatever little content is available there.


    There is no ad hominem in pointing out you're full of shit, talking about things you did not even try. And don't be cute with me - you started this with your "parroting" bullshit out of nowhere - you don't even bloody know me to make any such claim.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. First of all - how do you know? You can see future? The said content is not even testable to begin with.

    Secondly, I am not talking about some hypotheticals - I am talking about what is going on right now in beta, where I both leveled Evoker to 70 and did whatever little content is available there.


    There is no ad hominem in pointing out you're full of shit, talking about things you did not even try. And don't be cute with me - you started this with your "parroting" bullshit out of nowhere - you don't even bloody know me to make any such claim.
    Might want to take your medicine. I'll believe a class discord over some doom and gloom shouter. Weird how they disagree with your "omg they're absolutely horrendous!!!"

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Starting with an ad hominem. Classy!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    It's fine atm. People just parrot their YouTube daddies and screech something is op/bad without being able to play it themselves.
    This is an ad hom^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruh I am literally playing Evoker on beta.

    The fuck are you on? It's not parroting, it's how it is. You're made of fucking paper and Empowers feel completely dogshit to use.
    This clearly isn't^^^
    They're just disputing your ad hominem attack by explaining that no, their opinion is not informed by simply watching youtube. It is, in fact, based on personal experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Evoker are fine if all you do is raid heroic and early mythic bosses. Could they be better? Sure!
    Are they completely unplayable and horrendous? No
    As previously stated in this thread, you obviously can't know this because heroic and early mythic are both not currently available for testing, and there's no historical precedent for a 25yd caster class existing alongside 40yd caster classes. If this is something disruptive to the idea of needing a ranged stack point, that could destroy the viability of evoker even putting aside any sense of feel, or any reasonable levels of tuning.

    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Might want to take your medicine. I'll believe a class discord over some doom and gloom shouter. Weird how they disagree with your "omg they're absolutely horrendous!!!"
    Who's to say those people aren't all just parroting their youtube daddies? They're at best exactly as experienced as the person you're totally not ad homming by calling a doom and gloom shouter.
    Last edited by Floreon; 2022-09-21 at 05:00 PM. Reason: seriously this dude is a moron no adhom promise

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Floreon View Post
    This is an ad hom^^^

    This clearly isn't^^^
    They're just disputing your ad hominem attack by explaining that no, their opinion is not informed by simply watching youtube. It is, in fact, based on personal experience.



    As previously stated in this thread, you obviously can't know this because heroic and early mythic are both not currently available for testing, and there's no historical precedent for a 25yd caster class existing alongside 40yd caster classes. If this is something disruptive to the idea of needing a ranged stack point, that could destroy the viability of evoker even putting aside any sense of feel, or any reasonable levels of tuning.



    Who's to say those people aren't all just parroting their youtube daddies? They're at best exactly as experienced as the person you're totally not ad homming by calling a doom and gloom shouter.
    Yea.. No objective data to disprove the evoker discord and prove your own claims. The usual bashing from someone who ran out or arguments.


    On topic, regardless how they launch, I am damn sure we will see a metric fuck ton of them, and an expansion later they'll be a lot rarer. Either the hype has died down or people moved to the next form

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Yea.. No objective data to disprove the evoker discord and prove your own claims. The usual bashing from someone who ran out or arguments.
    I've made exactly zero claims about evoker strength. I promise I have neither run out of, nor began to make, arguments. The closest thing I've made to a claim is saying it's too early to make claims regarding their strength in raids.

    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    On topic, regardless how they launch, I am damn sure we will see a metric fuck ton of them, and an expansion later they'll be a lot rarer. Either the hype has died down or people moved to the next form
    This is accurate.

  6. #166
    Honestly, who made this thread? Evokers are so bad in PvP, it's ridiculous. And they're by no means strong or even overpowered in PvE, either. As of now they're a joke of a new class really nobody would deliberately pick for their group.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, who made this thread? Evokers are so bad in PvP, it's ridiculous. And they're by no means strong or even overpowered in PvE, either. As of now they're a joke of a new class really nobody would deliberately pick for their group.
    My experience as well. Evokers are super meh and quite unexciting competitively speaking.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    That mod literally closes 80% of threads on this forum for “blog content” or whatever else he/she seems to feel like on that day. Power trippin on a game forum, lol. Their post count screams real life winner too
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya some of the mods on the site indeed take their personal butthurt out on others.
    Hehe look, he infracted you through Scrapbot this time to make it look like it's not him being upset about being called out

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Might want to take your medicine
    Do you actually have anything meaningful to respond, instead of attacking me? Something that is not a fantasy of being fine in content that is not even yet testable?

    You started this shit and you push on, not me - maybe you're the one who should take your advice.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  10. #170
    Evoker is garbage at PVP. Hot, steaming, garbage.

    PVP power is similar to elemental shaman, but worse.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Hehe look, he infracted you through Scrapbot this time to make it look like it's not him being upset about being called out
    It honestly does not matter to me, I have been banned for 3 months for literally doing nothing.

    The appeal section is also completely useless because they never honestly listen to an appeal.

    I just come on the site when I'm bored sometimes, so if I get banned I just fill my time with something else like the game I'm designing and building.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Biggest mistake they ever made, was making PvP relevant. Should have kept it casual bg smashfest. Ever since then PvP crowd has been whining about class balance, and getting the classes destroyed as a result. Here's another great example. Already at it again, even tho expansion is in alpha stage still.

    Blizz, it's still not too late to make PvP go the way of archeology, or pet battles. Just do it.
    "I'm bad at PvP (ie: I suck at killing stuff that's not scripted), therefore PvP should not be relevant in WoW"

  13. #173
    Evokers desperately need some form of defense outside Obsidian Scales and kiting - there's nothing this class can do when some melee stuns you and starts going to town. It's basically a hunter that can be kicked with half the range and cc, if we're keeping the mid-range thing we need to at the very least let them equip shields or give them passive armour/damage reduction a la Moonkin Form, Focused Will etc.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    nerf it nerf it nerf it. That fly ability lets healers just fly out of deathgrip range when they are stunned with asphyxiate. Nerf it.
    Yeah really who cares about PvP ? Now if you said oh all those who actually PvP, well to that I say you all can go on a rocket and fly straight into space and I wouldn't miss a one of you. BUT if all the PVE'ers did that, you wouldn't have a game anymore.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Evokers desperately need some form of defense outside Obsidian Scales and kiting - there's nothing this class can do when some melee stuns you and starts going to town. It's basically a hunter that can be kicked with half the range and cc, if we're keeping the mid-range thing we need to at the very least let them equip shields or give them passive armour/damage reduction a la Moonkin Form, Focused Will etc.
    Melee?! How about getting fucking 2 shotted by MM hunters.

    Evokers get rekt by anything capable of interesting burst. They're like elemental shamans but with none of the survivability.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-09-25 at 08:26 PM.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Melee?! How about getting fucking 2 shotted by MM hunters.

    Evokers get rekt by anything capable of interesting burst. They're like elemental shamans but with none of the survivability.
    ele shaman before the 1 shot combos was a support class never to 1v1

  17. #177
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    "I'm bad at PvP (ie: I suck at killing stuff that's not scripted), therefore PvP should not be relevant in WoW"
    Is your argument that if you don’t like something, you must be bad at it? Damn, I must be bad at shuffling toy cars up my arse then.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Yeah, because PvE'ers have never been known to QQ. >_>

    You ask me, as a PvE'er, I think it's mostly PvE oriented design that's ruined the game. The rotations of the modern game are absurd and unnecessarily irritating. Far from providing freedom and opportunities for clever plays, they instead simply set up a very specific sequence of moves that, if not followed closely, tanks your DPS to oblivion. PvP'ers didn't ask for that, PvE'ers did.
    this game was designed around PVE and not PVP. it's why there isn't a 1v1 arena because they know their game doesn't work as a PVP one yet that's still a huge portion of the population. The only real enjoyable moments are in BGs which plays more like PVE than PVP anyway. That said i would say that for fantasy game of this nature the PVP is pretty accurate. It would never be balanced or fair.

    A lot of PVE focused players in wow do like PVP it's just not in wow. League of Legends or some other game solely designed around PVP are our gotos. That said i hope they do something like make Evokers uninterruble as a base passive. Melee can LOS/merry-go round you anyway no point letting them also stop/lockout you from casting as well. 15 years of garbage PVP continues.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty much, Evoker will be undesired and weak at launch though. If Blizzard is not crazy overtuning the class for launch, Evoker will be a very disappointing experience to play. Death Knight started strong and only got nerfed over time, this will be more like a Monk situation. Won't help with Evoker population though, the class has just too many downsides to be desirable to play.
    Death Knight was just straight up broken, not at all balanced. That was so poorly executed by blizzard its unreal it should never have hit live servers in that state

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Is your argument that if you don’t like something, you must be bad at it? Damn, I must be bad at shuffling toy cars up my arse then.
    So you're coming out and saying that you have tried shuffling toy cars up your arse? (I'm sorry, I just couldnt let that one go)

  20. #180
    They feel awefully focus-able in pvp. They may have the ability to do solid damage if left alone, but its mid range and they can be swapped to easily and bursted down quickly.

    For PvE, that is simply a tuning matter. If Blizzard lets them be OP in PvE to get people to play them, then they will be. Otherwise they can be toned up or down as needed.


    Not sure I'd say at all they are too powerful. Ugly in form and lazy for only having two specs? yea.... they are that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •