Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I would be perfectly fine with Killmonger taking the mantle as an anti-hero. T'Challa actions (and his any potential sacrifice) inspire the dude to do better. He was a highlight of the first movie, after all.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, I would be perfectly fine with Killmonger taking the mantle as an anti-hero. T'Challa actions (and his any potential sacrifice) inspire the dude to do better. He was a highlight of the first movie, after all.
    Him being alive would diminish his final moments in the first film and his impact on T'challa himself... but on the other hand I can't get enough of MBJ being an anti-hero so I'd overall be fine with it so long as there's proper build-up rather than just "he's a good guy now lol".
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Him being alive would diminish his final moments in the first film and his impact on T'challa himself... but on the other hand I can't get enough of MBJ being an anti-hero so I'd overall be fine with it so long as there's proper build-up rather than just "he's a good guy now lol".
    Well, that impact is kinda meaningless now, since the character is dead so quickly. Also, it was crap in the first place. Help poor black communities in the US projects but ignore extreme poverty in neighbouring African countries. Killmonger still has a legit claim for the throne and Wakanda seems to be under attack, so he might jump in to help, whether his family likes it or not. He may go like "you may not like me, but I'm the best you got". Partially redeeming himself in the process.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-24 at 04:07 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Gonna struggle with this one, Chadwick's death is still a sore spot, and all the drama around someone playing the smartest scientist on earth is a RL antivaxx clown has me slightly soured on future BP's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Given that Wright has reportedly been causing problems on set with her bullshit beliefs
    Cry about it

I for one, have a particularly hard time sympathizing with an unelected monarch (who also happens to be the ruler of "the most powerful country on earth", her words) crying about how hard her life is. yes, of course that's the major narrative plot. no, I'm not obligated to suspend my disbelief for a Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's not. Just because it has gold accents, doesn't make it the same suit.

This one has raised gold plates. His just glowed gold with that stored kinetic energy.

I am glad with the route they seem to be going with respect to Boseman's death. The last thing we needed was a CG stand-in...
    Shuri is gonna be the Black panther.

https://www.writeups.org/black-panth...comics-female/

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Letitia Wrights opinions on Twitter were neither ill-informed or in poor taste. It was a weird time, people had their right to an opinion. Covid drama is over, move on. She'd be a great BP

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Letitia Wrights opinions on Twitter were neither ill-informed or in poor taste.
    well that's a lie, given what we knew even then.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I for one, have a particularly hard time sympathizing with an unelected monarch (who also happens to be the ruler of "the most powerful country on earth", her words) crying about how hard her life is. yes, of course that's the major narrative plot. no, I'm not obligated to suspend my disbelief for a Marvel movie.
    But do you have a hard time sympathizing with a woman that has lost her husband and her children?

What disbelief do you have to suspend for that?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks terrible. I liked the trailer for the first film, but when it took on the ridiculousness I had to pass.

Anytime you have great success for the wrong reasons you can do nothing but disappoint. I think Deadpool 3 will also be another example of this. It doesn't matter WHO it is or what group, change is good, and I have no problem with Shuri taking over because clearly that is who it is.

The problem is also similar to GOT, peoples expectations are either too high or centered around the wrong plot points and the story.

You'd think you wouldn't have to tell people this shit isn't real, but people dive into these stories not to escape reality but to replace it.

The lead actor who was great is dead, the Character is not, and capitulating just for the sake of the fans is always going to come back and bit them in the ass. Especially considering people are already bitching about NOW.

Disney painted themselves into a corner on this one and personally if I were them I would sell this franchise and be done with it. Let someone else learn any future lessons from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Letitia Wrights opinions on Twitter were neither ill-informed or in poor taste. It was a weird time, people had their right to an opinion. Covid drama is over, move on. She'd be a great BP
    Nah they should have Shit Canned her like they did Gina Carano. And Personally if I was in charge of Disney, I would make an example out of anybody, if you represent Disney keep your opinions to yourself.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna be shuri, she was bp in the comics when the guy retired to be king of the dead for abit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Looks terrible. I liked the trailer for the first film, but when it took on the ridiculousness I had to pass.

Anytime you have great success for the wrong reasons you can do nothing but disappoint. I think Deadpool 3 will also be another example of this. It doesn't matter WHO it is or what group, change is good, and I have no problem with Shuri taking over because clearly that is who it is.

The problem is also similar to GOT, peoples expectations are either too high or centered around the wrong plot points and the story.

You'd think you wouldn't have to tell people this shit isn't real, but people dive into these stories not to escape reality but to replace it.

The lead actor who was great is dead, the Character is not, and capitulating just for the sake of the fans is always going to come back and bit them in the ass. Especially considering people are already bitching about NOW.

Disney painted themselves into a corner on this one and personally if I were them I would sell this franchise and be done with it. Let someone else learn any future lessons from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah they should have Shit Canned her like they did Gina Carano. And Personally if I was in charge of Disney, I would make an example out of anybody, if you represent Disney keep your opinions to yourself.
    What exactly are you ranting about and how does it relate to BP2? "Took on the ridiculousness" Black Panther was probably the most grounded MCU film following Age of Ultron. What was ridiculous about the trailer? The Atlanteans?

Too vague to judge. Really hope Namor is Atlantean, and not anything else.

Not looking forward to a Shuri Black Panther, but I doubt they'd bring back Kilmonger, though he would be awesome. M'baku is a lame-o, though, I'd actually prefer Shuri over him.

Hopefully Dr. Doom saves this movie, even if it's just foreshadowing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I for one, am extremelly disappointed the next Black panther isn't going to be m'baku, my next pick was Killmonger, but i don't think they will do it.

I still hope they change the figurine from atlantis, those "wings" in his feet looks so dumb.
    With the injury reports from on set I was pretty certain it was Shuri. The part you can see of whoever is in the suit looks a bit smaller than anyone you named. Unless it's a flashback or someone pretending to be Chadwick(stunt double), I can't see it being either characters going by the size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Too vague to judge. Really hope Namor is Atlantean, and not anything else.

Not looking forward to a Shuri Black Panther, but I doubt they'd bring back Kilmonger, though he would be awesome. M'baku is a lame-o, though, I'd actually prefer Shuri over him.

Hopefully Dr. Doom saves this movie, even if it's just foreshadowing him.
    To me this actually looks better than the first one so far.

Yes how dare anyone question the omnipotence of Disney

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean "keep opinions to yourself if it doesn't go with what the certain groups want right now" because otherwise many would be jumping ship. I'd love if they all kept their mouths shut(vaccine conspiracy theorists and woke agenda equally), but let's be honest, if Disney ever started silencing their actors over something the mob likes, they might as well dismantle the company. Also I think people have said Evangeline Lily is also on their bad side for saying similar things as Letitia said and it would be hilarious if they got rid of her sooner.

I do have to say the MCU team members close ranks pretty quickly though. People keep aiming for Chris Pratt and just about everyone else including James Gunn have backed him up. Letitia got immediately backed up by numerous people and for some reason Don Cheadle was really in her corner(not sure if they just had a pre existing friendship). Not like he needed it, but just about everyone was telling Terrence Howard to just stop with the nonsense trying to blame everyone in Iron Man 1 but mostly some rant about RDJ for him not continuing. For the most part they seem to stomp out drama pretty quickly. They also spend a lot more time with each other than we could every hope to see and understand of them.

Yeah I think i'll sit this one out and let the film die with Chadwick.

Yall have fun.,

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    We literally get a shot of someone suited up at the end of the trailer.
    It's hard to say for a fact that isn't a stand in for T'challa maybe showing his death but never his face. I don't think it is because the hand looks REALLY small from the forearm down, but I'm not discounting the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That black and gold suit is most certainly Killmonger's from the first film, doesn't mean it's him in it.

Which means one of three things if it's him in the suit:

1. They retcon his death at the end of 1, technically we never see him die as such, they could just have said he passed out and was shoved in a prison somewhere. Personally I reckon that's the lamest reason for it.

2. It's an afterlife scene, and we're only seeing his spirit.

3. Multiverse. Weird shit be happening as of late, no reason it's not an AU Killmonger.

Gonna struggle with this one, Chadwick's death is still a sore spot, and all the drama around someone playing the smartest scientist on earth is a RL antivaxx clown has me slightly soured on future BP's. If it weren't for Ayo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier continuing to be a BAMF, and the promise of Duke's M'baku getting much more screentime I'd have little motivation to see this in the cinema, and just wait for it to drop on D+
    We don't like the medical industry and big pharma, for good reason. Deal with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly are you ranting about and how does it relate to BP2? "Took on the ridiculousness" Black Panther was probably the most grounded MCU film following Age of Ultron. What was ridiculous about the trailer? The Atlanteans?
    Just that the teaser seems to keep doubling down on themes it couldn’t get passed in the first film.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis