Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    With the injury reports from on set I was pretty certain it was Shuri. The part you can see of whoever is in the suit looks a bit smaller than anyone you named. Unless it's a flashback or someone pretending to be Chadwick(stunt double), I can't see it being either characters going by the size.
    The shot we have looks like a man's behind to me. I'm hardly an expert in the actress's anatomy but I doubt the suit we see is Shuri's.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Cry about it
    cool story bro. go play anti vaxxer elsewhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    We don't like the medical industry and big pharma, for good reason. Deal with it?
    see above statement

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    cool story bro. go play anti vaxxer elsewhere

- - - Updated - - -

see above statement
    Cool, but it's strange that you're suprised that a movie with mostly black cast has at least one person with anti-vaccine sentiments given the history the medical industry has with the black communitty.

But whatever. Hope your unpaid intersnhip at Pfizer gets you somewhere in life.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Cool, but it's strange that you're suprised that a movie with mostly black cast has at least one person with anti-vaccine sentiments given the history the medical industry has with the black communitty.

But whatever. Hope your unpaid intersnhip at Pfizer gets you somewhere in life.
    oh of course. anyone who is pro vaxx either works at a vaccine manufacturer or is a sheep right? yeah, cool story bro, keep on walking. go on, git!

you do have a point there. we know he "died" did we ever see a funeral scene? or just his body with T'Challa?
    Coulson's return is (sadly) not movie canon as of now so it's not material to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Coulson's return is (sadly) not movie canon as of now so it's not material to this discussion.
    It would also be very strange, in universe, for them to bring back Killmonger and not T'challa.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

oh of course. anyone who is pro vaxx either works at a vaccine manufacturer or is a sheep right? yeah, cool story bro, keep on walking. go on, git!
    I wouldn't say that but I'd say you need to take a sensitivity course. Maybe pay attention during black history month. Your comments are coming off slightly racist if you can't empathize with the position the vaccine had with PoC. PoC were overwhelmingly the largest group of people that were hesitant on the vaccine. Hell, even now only 59% of the black community has taken at least 1 dose of the covid vaccine. You saying 41% of the black community are antivaxx clowns that shouldn't be allowed in society. Because that's what it sounds like and I'd say get your racism out of here. We don't need it.

Personally for the movie, I think what they could do is have T'challa die from an unseen injury during the fight with Thanos. T'challa deserves a funeral scene like what Tony got. I like the nod to Iron Heart in the trailer. It is the marvel series I'm looking forward to the most.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I wouldn't say that but I'd say you need to take a sensitivity course. Maybe pay attention during black history month. Your comments are coming off slightly racist if you can't empathize with the position the vaccine had with PoC. PoC were overwhelmingly the largest group of people that were hesitant on the vaccine. Hell, even now only 59% of the black community has taken at least 1 dose of the covid vaccine. You saying 41% of the black community are antivaxx clowns that shouldn't be allowed in society. Because that's what it sounds like and I'd say get your racism out of here. We don't need it.

Personally for the movie, I think what they could do is have T'challa die from an unseen injury during the fight with Thanos. T'challa deserves a funeral scene like what Tony got. I like the nod to Iron Heart in the trailer. It is the marvel series I'm looking forward to the most.
    I was responding to that user. Not making general claims like you’re assuming I did. I am so confused as to how you drew the conclusions you did from my statement

I was responding to that user. Not making general claims like you’re assuming I did. I am so confused as to how you drew the conclusions you did from my statement
    You are minimizing the experience of bipoc.

Difficult to say who's Black Panther but that looks like feminine eyes ?
    Considering Okoye's not shown on that poster, could that be her ?

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...06349325479936

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYez2POV...jpg&name=large

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Also, it was crap in the first place. Help poor black communities in the US projects but ignore extreme poverty in neighbouring African countries.
    Did you just, like, completely ignore the entire point of the end of the movie? It wasn't just a throwaway gesture with BP buying some buildings/land in the projects Killmonger grew up in to ease his guilty conscience. He literally opens Wakanda to the world. There was the whole scene with the Wakanda rep in front of the World Council or whatever it was going "Heyo, remember us? The simple African tribals who make nice textiles? Just putting it out there that we are actually the most advanced nation on the planet by a factor of 10 or so and we going to start sharing our shit." You can be pretty sure that they aren't just going to ignore their African neighbours. Especially not after the way Killmonger drove the point home that using their great power and technology to hide themselves and ignore the world was as bad as actively participating in the oppression.

Well the I guess the question stands...who is the Black Panther?

The figure in the trailer looks masculine to me...or not? I don't know , it could be literally anyone. The rumors points at basically everyone: Shuri,M'Baku,Killmonger...everyone but T'Challa who won't be resurrected nor substituted.

My money's in Killmonger or Nakia. How?

In Wakanda's language the Black Panther is called the Damisa-Sarki meaning "The Panther" ( just The Panther, Black Panther is a redundance given that panthers are black) but like any word in Wakandian it's polysemic meaning "King of the Dead" too and this is not an ornamental title but a very literal one.

Below Wakanda lies a plane of transcendence called the Djalia where the spirits of the deceased go as some sort of limbo before the next step in the afterlife. We can se it briefly in "Black Panther" as the steppe with permanent twilight where T'Challa talks to T'Chaka.

In this mystical realm we can find the Council of Panthers , the spirits of anyone who has ever hold the title of the Black Panther whose function is give counsel to the current Black Panther that presides it. As we can see "King of the Dead" is a very literal tittle so we can see the King of Wakanda as the king of the living and the Black Panther as the king of the deceased ( and they can be two different persons).

So we have this mystic tenebrous Wakanda, holding dark magics and ancient traditions ,predating by a large margin Vibranium and technology , that we could trace back to the origin of humanity and the Orishas ( the original gods of Wakanda).Putting Wakanda near the craddle of Homo Sapiens is no coincidence: there has been a Wakanda since the dawn of human being. The narrative is that Wakanda has always been the pinnacle of civilization.

This aspect is completely unexplored in the MCU and I think could be an interesting and key element of "Wakanda Forever". Many people has gone back from the Djalia: T'Challa, his mother, M'Baku....as random example Shuri in the comics ( for the last years) has absolutely nothing to do with her innocent tech-nerd commical counterpart of the MCU being a dark edgy soul-crushed character that uses no technology at all but necromancy after his passing and getting back from the Djalia.

Given that "Wakanda Forever" is a clash of two technology advanced tribes exploring the origins could be a good idea and can gave us a way of getting back Michael B. Jordan that I don't think anyone doubts can hold the franchise if they reconstruct the character the right way: he just came back from the Djalia like many other.

My other bet is Nakia: strange no one is talking about her but very much like Killmonger Lupita can be the poster face of the franchise.

In the end ...only Bast knows who will get its favor.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2022-07-25 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The shot we have looks like a man's behind to me. I'm hardly an expert in the actress's anatomy but I doubt the suit we see is Shuri's.
    I'm definitely confused(rightfully as MCU is KNOWN to do misdirection in trailers) on who it is, but the same way I could argue it isn't a man, I could also agree and argue it isn't Shuri. I'm leaning heavily towards it's a pre death scene with a costumed stand in. However the way it's shown could be taken either of 2 ways:

1: This is BP in a fight even though Chadwick Boseman died
    2: This is the NEW BP hey guise look

Looks beautiful, especially for MCU standards and especially compared to the original Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You are minimizing the experience of bipoc.
    I'm a person of color, and only dumbasses look to things like Tuskagee as a reason to not take these vaccines. Yes, the medical establishment has been abusive and experimented on people of color. But when a vaccine rollout happens and they're willing to let every white person ever take it, and the most powerful white people in the world rush to get it, you can probably dismiss the idea that it's some form of abusive test or experiment. Those who don't are dabbling in conspiracy theory.

Furthermore, Wright went a bit beyond "historically understandable skepticism of the medical community." She was full on spouting Q shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, imagine seeing the premiere with that kind of crowd..

Was searching news for bunch of entertainment I was hoping would come up due to comic-con (the incal), apparently there will be a new absolute edition kinda book at end of the year, well, I go down rabbit holes so was watching this person's review about the incal (n metabarons) comic n then ended up watching the doctor strange review this person did, and says how people acted in the theatre, jesus lord...I have not seen such behavior to that degree, if people were that annoying I agree I wouldn't go to premieres..it's just movies, people.. does anyone here experience such things?

4:10

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    With the injury reports from on set I was pretty certain it was Shuri. The part you can see of whoever is in the suit looks a bit smaller than anyone you named. Unless it's a flashback or someone pretending to be Chadwick(stunt double), I can't see it being either characters going by the size.
    Yeah, i like i said, im disapointed, i liked M'baku in the first movie, i think he was going to be a good BP.

Hell even killmonger even they managed to work on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Probably gonna be shuri, she was bp in the comics when the guy retired to be king of the dead for abit.
    Mhmmm... unless there is a lot of padding in the suit.... nah, that butt and waist do not belong to a woman, or at least not to Shuri, she is much smaller and slimer then that.

Now I wouldn't mind it and just because this picture shows someone that is (most likely) male in the suit doesn't mean she could not still get the suit at other times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Trailer doesn't make sense, queen says her family is gone, yet her daughter is still alive