Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I didn't watch the movie. Did this really happen?
    No, not really. They showed Killmonger's neighbourhood and the project they were starting there, but Wakanda came out at a UN conference and talked about the world helping each other, which they now wanted to take part in. Also, Nakia was already helping internationally before that (which was the conflict between her and T'challa) and she wasn't in the US. You can doubt very much that she would have stayed with T'challa, had he agreed to only grant Killmonger's wishes and not hers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhawk View Post
    I think the movie will put butts in seats, if for no other reason than for people to feel like they are making it to Chadwicks funeral. How good will the story be? Dont know but nothing in phase 4 has impressed me. Novie wise I haven't hated what Ive seen but wont bother with Eternals and Thor looks awful, so I don't want to see him get ruined. Shang Chi and Dr Strange were ok but not great, and Black Widow had a great beginning, but went downhill fast. The tv shows have been generally bad to ok, so I cant say that I have high hopes that Wakanda Forever will have a great story.
    Did you miss No Way Home?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ye, ye, No Way Home was great, Shank Chi/Dr Strong were good, but I see plenty of opinions (more than ever, and not talking about usual haters) that MCU products quality is noticeably dropping, even in CGI department. With all the movies/shows we got (and those recently announced), we are simply getting bombarded by content, and quantity over quality seems to be taking over here and there.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people have forgotten just how long phase 4 has been around. We had Loki, Wandavision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier in what feels like forever ago.

Every phase has had stinkers, but since the first Avengers film onward, we were getting content at such a pace that you didn't have time to bemoan the shit ones for too long before something fresh was out.

With Covid slamming the breaks on so much, this phase has been stretched out over two years now and is still far from done.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

That trailer was yawn. Awful music, disjoint scenes....

A Bob Marley cover being remixed into Kendrick Lamar is "awful music," yeah, right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A Bob Marley cover being remixed into Kendrick Lamar is "awful music," yeah, right.
    This. I have rewatched the trailer multiple times to hear the remix of that song. I don't like either song on its own, but i really love how one flows into the other in the trailer. Honestly, this trailer seems to be my favorite from the MCU. There was emotion and tons of fun easter eggs through out it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    each to their own I guess. I liked it, but obviously the person you were replying to didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    While technically part of the MCU, No Way Home was mostly a Sony production and not a Disney one. That is why quite often I don't bring it up when talking about the MCU. If it was an entirely Disney produced movie I think it would have turned out very differently, and most of the nostalgia that people loved and considered very well done wouldn't have been in the film. Sony had a great year that year, Venom made more money than expected despite not great reviews. Ghostbusters was a major hit for them and Spiderman was the crown hit for them, blowing the competition out of the water.

7+ Year Old Account
    While technically part of the MCU, No Way Home was mostly a Sony production and not a Disney one. That is why quite often I don't bring it up when talking about the MCU. If it was an entirely Disney produced movie I think it would have turned out very differently, and most of the nostalgia that people loved and considered very well done wouldn't have been in the film. Sony had a great year that year, Venom made more money than expected despite not great reviews. Ghostbusters was a major hit for them and Spiderman was the crown hit for them, blowing the competition out of the water.
    Pretty sure is the other way around, MCU production while sony was milking it

proof: it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, at the end he decided to open Wakanda to the world and help other black people, but his first steps were American projects.
    He started at the projects where his Uncle and his Cousin lived.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Yup--correct. What superhero movie has Sony made, independently, that has the quality of the jointly produced Spider-man movies? Sure, Venom makes decent money, but it's not even close to the quality of Spider-man. That itself tells you all you need to know.

Holland's casting was largely done by Feige and the Russo brothers (Infinity War/Endgame directors). Jon Watts basically consulted the Russos the entire way through the production. Sony retained final creative control and casting, but it's been commented pretty regularly that they basically came along for the ride and let Feige and Marvel do the heavy lifting. And why wouldn't they? Let a well-oiled machine make your movie at the cost of them integrating it into the MCU and you print money on a franchise you just underwhelmed on significantly with the previous 2 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

You are free to believe what you want but its been pretty widely published that Sony was the primary producer of No Way Home. they were secondary for the first two Spiderman movies though. The MCU being good during phase 4 is a very debatable topic, I consider it meh overall and some movies awful, notably the latest Thor movie. Meanwhile Ghostbusters Rebirth was an excellent movie and I am looking forward to the sequel. Sony seems to have a far better handle on how to do nostalgia than Disney does, who are more concerned these days with pushing the message than doing excellent stories.
    Last edited by Dragonhawk; 2022-07-27 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Looks amazing. After being let down by Ms. Marvel, Moonknight, and Thor, [...]
    The denial is hilarious. Next time it'll be good, for sure!

wooooow this looks sooo AMAZING!!!!!!

bland boring and generic

cant wait for the "where is wakanda" google searches spiking up again

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The denial is hilarious. Next time it'll be good, for sure!
    That's not denial, while they are all in a shared universe, they are also all written and directed by different people so it's more stupid to expect them all to be of the same quality.

Ms Marvel was a very fun show, lighthearted and just a good time to sit through
    Moon Knight was setting things up fantastically but lost steam within the middle but did stick the landing imo.
    Thor was an atrocity one of the worst MCU films
    Dr Strange is personally one of my favorite MCU films.

All of these released this year and all have distinctly different approaches and styles for their story. So it's completely realistic to think while some may be disappointing, others may be great.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

First Movie that breaks 3 Billion $ at the cinema, mark my words!

You are free to believe what you want but its been pretty widely published that Sony was the primary producer of No Way Home. they were secondary for the first two Spiderman movies though.
    On the contrary, Marvel negotiated a bigger financial stake for No Way Home than they'd had on the first two films (it was one of the things that almost killed the agreement for Sony to share the character with Marvel/Disney), and the whole point of the deal originally was having Spider-Man incorporated into the MCU (with Feige being a big part of that). With how much control they keep over how the MCU is managed, do you really think Sony was the one making the big decisions for those movies? Also take into account the high that the MCU was riding on back then. Sony was happy to go along for the ride and make bank without having to do the heavy lifting.

Sony has their own Spider-Man Universe with Venom, Morbius, and a few other upcoming films. The Venom movies have been OK at best, dumb fun carried hard by Tom Hardy (pun intended). Meanwhile Morbius became a massive joke, and given Sony's sloppy attempt at trying to tie their Universe to the MCU at the end of that movie I wouldn't have much faith in what they'd do with Spider-Man if they had full control. They had their shot with the Amazing Spider-Man series and ended up cancelling it after a lackluster second movie. Leave it to the MCU to actually salvage Andrew Garfield's version of the character...
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-07-27 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure everyone but the actor who played M'Baku is back. He wasn't available since he already committed to Nope and couldn't split his time between filming both movies. I don't know if they recast the role or not but they could get away with it either way given the circumstances.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

You are free to believe what you want but its been pretty widely published that Sony was the primary producer of No Way Home. they were secondary for the first two Spiderman movies though. The MCU being good during phase 4 is a very debatable topic, I consider it meh overall and some movies awful, notably the latest Thor movie. Meanwhile Ghostbusters Rebirth was an excellent movie and I am looking forward to the sequel. Sony seems to have a far better handle on how to do nostalgia than Disney does, who are more concerned these days with pushing the message than doing excellent stories.
    No it has not been widely published. Sony signed checks and had the right to say no. That's about it.