Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone but the actor who played M'Baku is back. He wasn't available since he already committed to Nope and couldn't split his time between filming both movies.
    um... Wasn't that him attacking Namor in the trailer? You must be thinking of someone else. The guy who was in Get Out, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Trailer doesn't make sense, queen says her family is gone, yet her daughter is still alive
    It could have been a flashback to during the snap as both were snapped. I don't recall if they said she was.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Black Panther meets Pink Panther...the buddy hero story we never saw coming.
    ...that might take some doing.
    Well robot chicken did it but it wasn’t very buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Well robot chicken did it but it wasn’t very buddy
    Thanks!
    But...ouch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    um... Wasn't that him attacking Namor in the trailer? You must be thinking of someone else. The guy who was in Get Out, presumably.
    I looked it up and it was someone else: David Kaluuya. He played W'Kabi in BP1. He starts in Nope. Both movies filmed at the same time so he couldn't commit to both. He played a supporting role in BP1 but I think they can ger away with not having him in BP:WF.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-panther...063530114.html
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Lego sets seem to (again) reveal stuff to us, and confirm Shuri gonna be teh Panther:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The thematic parallels between Wakanda Forever and Avatar: The Way of the Water are noticeable. Especially considering these movies release around the same. I'm predicting there will be lots of fan edits splicing footage of both movies together.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    The thematic parallels between Wakanda Forever and Avatar: The Way of the Water are noticeable. Especially considering these movies release around the same. I'm predicting there will be lots of fan edits splicing footage of both movies together.
    And 3 months later...Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom.

Get your bathing suit on guys...

Is Weta working on both? It's possible they may have written the story of this movie to make use of all the tech they've made for Avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, Lego sets seem to (again) reveal stuff to us, and confirm Shuri gonna be teh Panther:

Reminds me of the Iron Man 3 Lego set of Iron Man vs the Mandarin.

I don't see how Feige is going to let one of his biggest plot surprises this year get leaked by a toy company.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Reminds me of the Iron Man 3 Lego set of Iron Man vs the Mandarin.

I don't see how Feige is going to let one of his biggest plot surprises this year get leaked by a toy company.
    Well, first of all this is hardly of a surprise. Secondly, Lego was notorious for doing this, Mandarin notwithstanding.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I wouldn't call this a surprise - it's what everyone expected pretty much the moment they announced they weren't going to recast BP after Chadwick's death. It wasn't CONFIRMED, but no one is surprised by this "revelation".

If it had been someone completely unexpected or some twist that no one saw coming, that would have been a surprise - picking the one person everyone had as their #1 likely pick anyway is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Seems unlikely, based solely on that. It doesn't look much different from what she wore at the end of the first one. And she's got those arm blasters as well.

As opposed to the claws we see in the trailer.

Though it's possible that the Black Panther we see in the trailer is just someone wearing the suit out of desperation, and isn't actually THE Black Panther that we'll wind up with by the end of the movie. /shrug
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-07-28 at 02:20 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems unlikely, based solely on that. It doesn't look much different from what she wore at the end of the first one. And she's got those arm blasters as well.

Though it's possible that the Black Panther we see in the trailer is just someone wearing the suit out of desperation, and isn't actually THE Black Panther that we'll wind up with by the end of the movie. /shrug
    Marvel are pretty good at keeping most things under wraps (looking at you Tom Holland) so it's entirely possible that could be a fakeout

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I wouldn't call this a surprise - it's what everyone expected pretty much the moment they announced they weren't going to recast BP after Chadwick's death. It wasn't CONFIRMED, but no one is surprised by this "revelation".

If it had been someone completely unexpected or some twist that no one saw coming, that would have been a surprise - picking the one person everyone had as their #1 likely pick anyway is not.
    Which with that lego set makes me believe all the more she won't be.

If she were, Feige wouldn't have ok'd the announcement. He's done a bunch of stuff like this before, the man is insane when it comes to leaks. Why do you think Tom Holland never does interviews alone, and why Andrew Garfield begged people to stop asking him ahead of NWH?

The guy puts genuine fear in his actors, he won't have his movie spoiled by a bunch of plastic bricks.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Marvel are pretty good at keeping most things under wraps (looking at you Tom Holland) so it's entirely possible that could be a fakeout
    Sure, they could have done this since most people are already expecting her to take up the role, and it's just misdirection. Or it could just be another slip-up like what what happened with Iron Man 3.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-07-28 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Is Weta working on both? It's possible they may have written the story of this movie to make use of all the tech they've made for Avatar.
    Ooh that's a juicy theory. Wakanda Forever getting everything from Cameron's cutting floor. Considering how expensive these productions are it would make so much economic sense to recycle anything that another behemoth of a movie hasn't already used. I'm mainly looking at giving birth under water and the whale. It could easily be that the animation rigs and everything were ready to go but new models were applied in the last minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Highly likely. Shuri is the bubbly side-kick and comic relief. Putting her in that role is a betrayal to her own character and to Black Panther.

I do believe the next Black Panther will be a woman, but it would have to be a character with more solemnity and gravitas than Shuri. Especially considering the cultural weight that this character needs to bear as well.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-07-28 at 02:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

This is only the jacket (and it's not even black). Lego model also has panther arms and legs.

THIS is the model based on the above:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-28 at 03:28 PM.

Ooh that's a juicy theory. Wakanda Forever getting everything from Cameron's cutting floor. Considering how expensive these productions are it would make so much economic sense to recycle anything that another behemoth of a movie hasn't already used. I'm mainly looking at giving birth under water and the whale. It could easily be that the animation rigs and everything were ready to go but new models were applied in the last minute.
    Well, I was talking about the dozen or so patents they've been filing over the years for all kinds of water-related VFX tech as they've been working on Avatar 2. The stuff that literally no other company has right now.

The guy puts genuine fear in his actors, he won't have his movie spoiled by a bunch of plastic bricks.
    Maybe, but again: it's not much of a spoiler if everyone expected it anyway.

They're probably far more interested in Lego having their marketing than they are in keeping something not all that secret a secret a little longer. Or maybe it was just one of those little fuckups that happen, like when Twitter accidentally releases some scheduled announcement too early or whatever - happens all the time. Lots of moving parts, and all that.