Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Keep as Spec Talent

6 28.57%
  • Move to Class Talent

15 71.43%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ascendance: Class Talent or Spec Talent?

So one of my quasi beefs with the Shaman Talent Trees is that currently they have Ascendance as a talent all three Specs can pick. But with that being the case wouldn't it make more sense to make it a Class Talent?

I personally think moving it from Spec Talents to Class Talents frees up the Specs for some more induvial flavor but that's just me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Move it to class talent replace it in each tree with some other cool effect or ability.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Remove it entirely or at least change that horrible, outdated, out of place and ugly cataclysm model.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Remove it entirely or at least change that horrible, outdated, out of place and ugly cataclysm model.
    after they removed flying rocks and tornado weapon, do you really expect positive change for visual part of shaman kit? its shamans bread and batter to be fugly in mail armor, holding some fisted bear claw as weapon.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I like the model. Before the change/remake them the should make a nw animation for our 3 shields.

And a barber-like npc to custom our totems. Dwarf & orc totems looking goofy.

While I see your point, the shaman class tree seems to focus much more on tech points than major throughput while the spec trees focus on damage/healing. As far as I understand it, all three spec trees also seem to have the ability to spec into both consistent damage/heal and burst damage/heal (IE ascendance). If you put Ascendance in the spec tree, you would likely have to choose between throughput and tech, which is generally less fun than picking between talents of a similar profile. Also, you would loose the consistent damage vs. burst choice since all shaman would then likely pick ascendance and consistency since doubling down on burst often has a diminishing returns.

While it definitely looks a bit clunky thematically to have three different ascendances in three different trees, I think it works much better than the alternative mechanically.

I agree with the sentiment that the Cata era Ascendance model is terrible.

Just at least give us back the Ascendance glyph we got during WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You are not really solving any issues by doing that. Moving Ascendance to the Class tree would just make it even more mandatory than it currently is. I don't see the point of doing that.

I would much rather they update the model. There are battle pets with way more polygons than that old cata model.

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh i think that ascendance have so much synergies over the tree that its mendatory anyway, need to crounch some numbers to be sure in there but looks like it will be crazy ability to use (etleast for enh)

would love to see some couple sec immunity cd tho
    can get a loot of mobility + ancestral guidance if someone spec into it so maybe that will be enough this time around
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-07-29 at 11:14 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'll never understand why, they removed the glyph that changed the form from that awful model, to a fiery aura that enveloped your character instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

Yes please!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'll never understand why, they removed the glyph that changed the form from that awful model, to a fiery aura that enveloped your character instead.
    All spells that became talents instead of baseline can no longer be glyphed (like wraith walk and glyph of wraith walk). I guess it's a technical problem... I hope it's not a laziness problem.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    All spells that became talents instead of baseline can no longer be glyphed (like wraith walk and glyph of wraith walk). I guess it's a technical problem... I hope it's not a laziness problem.
    I guess that kinda answers it, since it was removed (from the game) in the pre-Legion patch, where Ascendance became a talent.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

In general I think they want to avoid situations where you could talent into, say, Thorim's Invocation without even having the baseline Ascendance spell since you skipped it in the class tree. Same reason Primordial Wave (with its variable add-on talents per spec) also shows up in all of the spec trees instead of the class tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    You are not really solving any issues by doing that. Moving Ascendance to the Class tree would just make it even more mandatory than it currently is. I don't see the point of doing that.

I would much rather they update the model. There are battle pets with way more polygons than that old cata model.
    Either way it's probably gonna be borderline mandatory, so rather just see it updated

7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they do i just want the lightning attack back for enh.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I like the model. Before the change/remake them the should make a nw animation for our 3 shields.

And a barber-like npc to custom our totems. Dwarf & orc totems looking goofy.
    They should add Magma Shield as the new final talent. In the resto spec you'd be able to cast it on allies and it would pulse fire damage periodically and when hit and reduce damage taken to whoever it's on, in the other trees just change it slightly based on each spec to do something additional. There I just made a way cooler elemental shield than any of the 3 they have currently and it took me like 20 seconds. Oh and instead of it having stacks in resto it is just a short 10 sec buff with a lowish 45 sec cooldown and does not replace earth shield.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2022-07-31 at 03:08 AM.

I don't like Ascendance. Elemental shaman uses too many fire based abilities and i don't like that. If I wanted to sling fire I'd roll mage or warlock. I'm here for the lightning and have been since BC. I wish that there was a lightning version/alternative to lavaburst and flame shock. Same with the Ascendancy, too much fire, even got screwed in the elemental mount from legion, forced to use the fire version or swap to enhance just to fly around on the mount i prefer.

Ascendance, should be in the Class tree as all specs take it often.

On a side not: Please bring back the old mass lightning animation for Stormblast.

yall are tripping. one of the coolest shaman visuals and yall just want to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    yall are tripping. one of the coolest shaman visuals and yall just want to get rid of it.
    It's ugly as hell and doesn't make me think of a shaman when I see it at all

This is better but looks a bit too monk-ish, still no reason to remove it as an option with nothing in its place
    Last edited by gd8; 2022-08-18 at 10:19 PM.