Poll: What you want Dragonriding to be?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It should replace the old flying, only give it a hover option when waiting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Love how you skipped over the 'Fine as is..." part. But glad we can agree dragon riding should be removed all together (*see how that works*).
    Well ya of course I skip the wrong part as I don’t agree with it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I can 100% guarantee that almost every single one of you will be annoyed by Dragonriding a few weeks in and just want to use normal flying again. Nobody wants to actively do stuff just to go from location A to location B. People will always say they want more active gameplay, when in reality absolutely nobody does. Most players choose passive talents over anything active, even if it means a bit less damage. Every little additional thing you need to do is annoying, and that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I can 100% guarantee that almost every single one of you will be annoyed by Dragonriding a few weeks in and just want to use normal flying again. Nobody wants to actively do stuff just to go from location A to location B. People will always say they want more active gameplay, when in reality absolutely nobody does. Most players choose passive talents over anything active, even if it means a bit less damage. Every little additional thing you need to do is annoying, and that's all there is to it.
    Cause alas the sole truth about world of warcraft players is no one wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players

Half this community would legit pay $15 a month to get a piece of gear mailed to their characters every week and not actually do raids

If I never got annoyed about the mount system in GW2, I fail to see why Dragonriding would annoy me.

Death Stranding mate.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Cause alas the sole truth about world of warcraft players is no one wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players

Half this community would legit pay $15 a month to get a piece of gear mailed to their characters every week and not actually do raids
    I dont even think its that. I think ppl just want to play their characters in the content they prefer. Being forced to use some vehicle is not playing my character. Its playing the vehicle. Itll have its novelty but it'll get real old real fast.

Dragonriding will get boring real fast.

--

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I want dragonriding to replace flying alltogether and encompass all mounts or make it so much faster that normal flying would be stupid to use so they can remove it.
    "I want my impulsive conclusion to be permanent for all people."

You are a smart one, aren't you? Did you even consider the fact that dragonriding requires certain environment design (vertical design) to be frustration-free? Try dragon-riding in Azsuna.

%99.82 of people who claim dragonriding is the best thing ever and should be permanent will be complaining all day long 3 months into the xpack.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-07-30 at 08:30 AM.

I have to disagree with the way the poll is worded. I don't want challenging flying, I want engaging flying. If there are some occasional challenges then that is fine, but for the most part I care about enjoying my time ingame: That means keeping travel times short and not boring me to death with the remaining time.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I dont even think its that. I think ppl just want to play their characters in the content they prefer. Being forced to use some vehicle is not playing my character. Its playing the vehicle. Itll have its novelty but it'll get real old real fast.
    That's like complaining you have to engage in combat to do raids, or forced to read to engage with the lore.
    Open world movement is a crucial component in open world design, not wanting this part of it just sounds to me like you simply don't want that part of the game at all, to which I can only ponder the reason you play an MMO like this to begin with.

Just do the minimal amount and then have other players use a summoning stone to not have you be forced to engage with the game if that is so important to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I have to disagree with the way the poll is worded. I don't want challenging flying, I want engaging flying. If there are some occasional challenges then that is fine, but for the most part I care about enjoying my time ingame: That means keeping travel times short and not boring me to death with the remaining time.
    Summoning stones exist. Just sit around in the capital city and wait to be summoned if you have the open world part of the game that much.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I wish this site had a thumbs up
    But then we'd see all the stupid takes upvoted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But then we'd see all the stupid takes upvoted as well.
    So what?that would highlight funny stuff in general

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Dragonriding will get boring real fast.

--

"I want my impulsive conclusion to be permanent for all people."

You are a smart one, aren't you? Did you even consider the fact that dragonriding requires certain environment design (vertical design) to be frustration-free? Try dragon-riding in Azsuna.

%99.82 of people who claim dragonriding is the best thing ever and should be permanent will be complaining all day long 3 months into the xpack.
    I just don't like current flying. It stupid. It's like minecraft creative mode and has nothing to do with flying. But sure. Rage on brother.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I just don't like current flying. It stupid. It's like minecraft creative mode and has nothing to do with flying. But sure. Rage on brother.
    You may not like current flying. You are entitled to your opinion. That does not mean dragonriding is superior to normal flying in every zone. If you know how it works (I doubt you do), it's essentially gliding and in a zone that is not designed with this mechanic in mind, it would be a major paint point. So no, I do not want dragonriding to be default in the zones where it was not designed for.

You may not like current flying. You are entitled to your opinion. That does not mean dragonriding is superior to normal flying in every zone. If you know how it works (I doubt you do), it's essentially gliding and in a zone that is not designed with this mechanic in mind, it would be a major paint point. So no, I do not want dragonriding to be default in the zones where it was not designed for.
    You could make it so Dragonriding has infinite vigor and it would be a better version of current flying in every way in older zones, all you would lose is the ability to go straight up.
    Even zones blatantly made impassable without flying like Storm Peaks could be retrofitted to work with Dragonriding by adding updrafts in key areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That's like complaining you have to engage in combat to do raids, or forced to read to engage with the lore.
    Open world movement is a crucial component in open world design, not wanting this part of it just sounds to me like you simply don't want that part of the game at all, to which I can only ponder the reason you play an MMO like this to begin with.

Just do the minimal amount and then have other players use a summoning stone to not have you be forced to engage with the game if that is so important to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Summoning stones exist. Just sit around in the capital city and wait to be summoned if you have the open world part of the game that much.
    Correct. I dont want that part of the game at all.

My only gripe with Dragonriding on the Dragon Isles is that its constant movement. I like to fly around and explore places in detail. Fortunately as long as they bring in a pathfinder for regular flying in dragon isles, that is fine. but the Choice should be there for any player.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Correct. I dont want that part of the game at all.
    Then don't engage eith it and demand Blizzard cater the game to someone who genuinely doesn't want to play it. Just sit in your faction hub and get summoned to whatever content you wish to do. It's really not that difficult.

Doubt away. Don't care.
    It is not just gliding btw. Starting higher up just gets you farther because it is also gliding.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Dragonriding feedback

I guess, we have new excuse for not making Dragonriding convenient. We had "Immersion". We had "Content structure". We had "Challenge". Now we have "Shouldn't be similar to flying". Don't you think, that it turns out, that whole Dragonriding - is just psychological trick to give flying while not actually giving flying and just gating "real" flying behind another 6-12 months of waiting?

What do you personally want from Dragonriding? Should it be "Challenging flying" or "Gradual return of flying at release"?

Players asked second thing, not first one. I personally want Dragonriding to be "Gradual return of flying" and therefore it should become similar to flying in terms of convenience withing reasonable time frame.
    I personally want normal flying removed from the game. Along with players like you, preferably.

- - - Updated - - -

You can soar half Kalimdor on a Drakthyr. Works fine.