Post Hunter/MD/Quitting more than likely

Hi,

I'm looking to stop playing the Hunter on TBC. It has become really difficult for some of us older folks, and getting help is very ridiculous, and disappointing.

I have been able to not get MD working properly -- takes me too long to get all 4 points targeted and set, and this has lowered the guild's ability to trust my ability to play this game on the Hunter. And of course, occasionally hit the wrong button because your eyes are not fast enough.

I can setup the FOCUS really easy on whichever tank, but beyond that I really need some help in getting the next 3 keystrokes working together so I don't make mistakes off my bad eye sight. I have been able to get far enough to do some 1300 damage in (Hyjal last night), but it is tight in Zulaman, and not good enough for Sunwell, and my chances of getting into Sunwell, are pretty much gone, and I am disappointed. I have 3 pieces of Gronnstalker gear and really need that 4th one, and have not been lucky enough to do so, and I am stuck at 138 gear level (askmrrobot number) ... and nowhere to go as there is not a whole lot I can get with badges to improve things ... Lowest level pieces are a Trinket at 110, a Neck and Back at 115 ... and all else in much better shape.

If anyone has some helpful/decent information on how to use MD more efficiently, it would be quite appreciated, as the help I have gotten so far is folks posting bad links and old links with macros that don't work at all! It's almost like some of those folks are saying ... that's my secret ... and I'm not helping.

I'll hold out a couple of days, but honestly, I have not been able to push gear upwards for more than a month, and I am losing faith in the ability to do so when one ability that is so important is the thorn on my side.

Sorry for the long write up ... and I hope that I can gain something of value this time ... as previously I was not able to get enough help but with lower gear my importance in a raid was not as up front as it is now.

Thanks a great bunch ... your help is appreciated a lot.

Could you elaborate on what you want/need to do in order to be successful. I'm not entirely sure which part is the problem, but I can give it a go.

I personally used a target=focus macro for my MD so whenever I press MD it targets my focus and I could continue DPS'ing as normal. Is this something you've tried? You can also modify the macro to target your pet automatically whenever you don't have a focus.

Edit: I believe this is the macro I used back then.

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

If you only want to MD to your focus you can use

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [target=focus] Misdirection

Edit: If you want you could set up a macro where you use the MD macro on every CD and else just use an ability like ArcS or SS. I'm not an expert on macros in that regard but I'm sure there are someone else on these forums who could make one for you
    Last edited by Nosnogard; 2022-07-27 at 06:04 PM.

Hi,

thx ... I'll give that simple macro a try ... I usually have the focus tank setup up so that takes away the extra touch.

I'm gonna try with it having also casting Auto Shot and I can add another shot after it.

I was looking to simplify something that was getting difficult with too many touches and misses on timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uduwudu View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to stop playing the Hunter on TBC. It has become really difficult for some of us older folks, and getting help is very ridiculous, and disappointing.

I have been able to not get MD working properly -- takes me too long to get all 4 points targeted and set, and this has lowered the guild's ability to trust my ability to play this game on the Hunter. And of course, occasionally hit the wrong button because your eyes are not fast enough.

I can setup the FOCUS really easy on whichever tank, but beyond that I really need some help in getting the next 3 keystrokes working together so I don't make mistakes off my bad eye sight. I have been able to get far enough to do some 1300 damage in (Hyjal last night), but it is tight in Zulaman, and not good enough for Sunwell, and my chances of getting into Sunwell, are pretty much gone, and I am disappointed. I have 3 pieces of Gronnstalker gear and really need that 4th one, and have not been lucky enough to do so, and I am stuck at 138 gear level (askmrrobot number) ... and nowhere to go as there is not a whole lot I can get with badges to improve things ... Lowest level pieces are a Trinket at 110, a Neck and Back at 115 ... and all else in much better shape.

If anyone has some helpful/decent information on how to use MD more efficiently, it would be quite appreciated, as the help I have gotten so far is folks posting bad links and old links with macros that don't work at all! It's almost like some of those folks are saying ... that's my secret ... and I'm not helping.

I'll hold out a couple of days, but honestly, I have not been able to push gear upwards for more than a month, and I am losing faith in the ability to do so when one ability that is so important is the thorn on my side.

Sorry for the long write up ... and I hope that I can gain something of value this time ... as previously I was not able to get enough help but with lower gear my importance in a raid was not as up front as it is now.

Thanks a great bunch ... your help is appreciated a lot.
    i usually use MD on the tank that the raid leader asks for it, a tip is to use Aimed shot-arcaneshot-autoshot for the 3 first hits with MD. Most important as hunter in TBC is to NOT clip autoshot, also, autoshot doesnt shot when you are on the move. my recomendation is to get a weakaura that shows when your autoshot will hit so you have a easier time to not clip. so rotation is pretty much autoshot-steadyshot-autoshot-steadyshot (etc etc). you can occasionally throw in a arcaneshot/mulitshot in your rotation if the speed allows it. Hunters are also gear dependant, without having a link to your character gear its hard to tell what items and stuff you should aim for to improve dps.