Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Same energy of young asian teens, where is old loading screens with edgy faces of orcs or trolls, why all dragons in human forms... all brutality is lost.
    This might actually be the worst take I've seen on this website in the nearly 15 years I've been browsing it.

    Congratulations, I guess.

  2. #42
    Pandaren Monk Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,988
    Yeah, it’s good looking. I hope they fix the old loading screen wallpapers so they fit my 4k monitor. Hehe
    Behold my new creation!


  3. #43
    I think it looks good, only Kalecgos is somewhat not what I'd imagine.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,689
    Looks like wrathion will be driving a wedge between the remaining aspects from behind the scenes. Looks like Ysera's daughter will have her head in the clouds and be above whatever is gonna be going down. Perhaps Alex will not be too impressed seeing the dragon isles overrun by lesser races after finally being back there and looking for a safe place to replenish her brood and the rest of dragonkind after players butchering them in all shapes and sizes for so long ingame?
    Not a fan of only the females showing horns in their humanoid forms. For a dragon-expansion loading screen there's a surprising lack of dragons while most players probably won't know or remember who half of these characters are at all in these forms. Kinda want to see the version with the big 5 here in their draconic forms in the same poses and positions seen here.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  5. #45
    @Gaidax You see I think they nailed Kalecgos - with that blue hair and being aspect of magic - that anime west meets far east look actually fits quite well.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    @Gaidax You see I think they nailed Kalecgos - with that blue hair and being aspect of magic - that anime west meets far east look actually fits quite well.
    Yeah I think they look great, especially Kalecgos and Merithra.

  7. #47
    Tbh I like the kalecgos look for some reason. Distinct from a lot of wow characters and his jaw line is...idk handsome?

    Merithra seems very interchangable with her mother. Wish they went more distinct there although maybe that's rhetorical.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Tbh I like the kalecgos look for some reason. Distinct from a lot of wow characters and his jaw line is...idk handsome?

    Merithra seems very interchangable with her mother. Wish they went more distinct there although maybe that's rhetorical.
    Perish the thought that wow male characters actually look...handsome - Anathema !!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    everyone besides alex looks fine,the art direction is just bad,her face looks swollen
    That and her boobs jump right out at you.

  10. #50
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post


    Beautiful. Is it me or should Nozdormu have blonde hair ? or bronze hair
    Only just realised, except for Wrathion, the race of choice is elf. :P

    Dragons love that sexy elf form. Can't complain, if I had to choose I would be a sexy twink elf too :P

    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Same energy of young asian teens, where is old loading screens with edgy faces of orcs or trolls, why all dragons in human forms... all brutality is lost.
    You say that, but its the same artist who did this has been doing the art for a few expansions, also Dragons have always looked and been perceived this way too.

    Although I do miss Wei Wang's art. but he did contribute to the WoW Chronicle.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-03 at 12:10 PM.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Only just realised, except for Wrathion, the race of choice is elf. :P

    Dragons love that sexy elf form. Can't complain, if I had to choose I would be a sexy twink elf too :P
    Oh yeh, they pick elf forms more than anything, especially high elf forms - i guess it's who they've interacted the most recently - but we all know it's because the lf model is the best one in the game atm, .

    Dragons have been working with the elves since the beginning.

    • The blues were working with the night elves since long before the sundering - until Malygos and the flight went into hiding, and the greens worked closely with the NElf druids since the pact of Ysera just after Nordrassil was grown.
    • I don't know why the Reds and Nelves didn't work much together, abut the Krassus was heavily involved with Dalaran and the high elves.
    • The bronze worked with the Night elves for the War of the Shifting sands, and I think problems with Fandral arose then changing the tone. But we've seen them work with everyone, they seem to take high elven and gnome forms the most now - maybe it's because they had to deal with a lot of Dalaran wizards playing with time - and maybe high elven forms made sense as those were the human teachers. Gnomes and high elves could likely often be plausible excuses why their expertise or knowledge was superior to the humans they were catching.
    • Blacks though often picked humans to meddle with affairs. We don't see them messing with the elves. I presume it would have been hard to mess with the night elves because they'd have been surrounded by too many dragons - I'm sure the red and bronze were also often around Nordrassil, as the night elves were working as global defenders and guardians against the legion, which was still the world's biggest threat to guard against. It would have been impossible for the blacks to infiltrate the night elves.
    • The blacks I don't think would have picked the high elves, because they weren't interested in teaching or policing rogue wizards, and high elves non-involvement policy just made them unsuitable. High elves won't meddle in human affairs like they needed to, and perhaps watched too closely which woudl have led to exposure.. maybe it didn't helpt hat other dragons were using high elf forms.


    Blacks seem the most versatile, we've seen them take the form of orcs and Tauren too, to play influential roles. We've seen different flights take the forms of other races too, ofc, but Elf is the most common by far, as we saw in Northrend at their temple. Which does make sense given the interaction and magic. It was the elves that really caught their eye, with their magical excellence in Azsuna and Cenarius' interest and tutoring of them. It was also the elves that sought to bring the dragons into the War of the Anceints, but Deathwing's betrayal greatly crippeld their ability to intervene.

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,520
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Merithra_of_the_Dream

    She was in vanilla, then didn't reappear until BFA.
    she was literally in legion my dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Same energy of young asian teens, where is old loading screens with edgy faces of orcs or trolls, why all dragons in human forms... all brutality is lost.
    "All human forms"
    1 human
    3 elves
    1 half elf
    "All human forms"

  13. #53
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    That and her boobs jump right out at you.
    yes... that's er... that certainly is a problem... yup! those horrible horrible.... lovely... sorry, what we talking about? :P
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Cæli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,600
    the characters looks good, the clouds behind look unfinished? really weird, you can tell it's a photoshop effect or something, a work in progress

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,166
    The inconsistency in the loading screens art is cringeworthy... Some loadingscreens (especially the raid ones) are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, while others are so anime-like, they completely don't fit the game (or their ingame representation)

    I'm all up for 1 art style across the board like the promo-art for the allied-races:

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    The inconsistency in the loading screens art is cringeworthy... Some loadingscreens (especially the raid ones) are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, while others are so anime-like, they completely don't fit the game (or their ingame representation)

    I'm all up for 1 art style across the board like the promo-art for the allied-races:
    [IMG]https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/a3/A348WBZWOJDV1535577880624.jpg
    That's the thing though, because art is so subjective, differnet people would love differnet things, i tend to like most of it, I love various itnerpretations of the races in different art styles - I have nothing agianst anime styles too, I like those also, and bear in ind they are popular.


    I tend to find the loading screen ar something worth looking forward to

  17. #57
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    The inconsistency in the loading screens art is cringeworthy... Some loadingscreens (especially the raid ones) are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, while others are so anime-like, they completely don't fit the game (or their ingame representation)

    I'm all up for 1 art style across the board like the promo-art for the allied-races:
    It sounds like your main issue is the content of those featured in the art not so much the art itself. Let's start with the Dragonflight , how else are they supposed to look in their human form? The dragon flight have never been this big muscular metal concept.

    Comparing two really buffs races like dwarfs and orcs compared to dragons in their mortal forms is going to be vastly different. You cannot make the Dragonflight look anything like the pic you have shown. I mean you could have their dragon forms, but this is the image they wanted to go with and they represent what they look like in the game, making them look like anythign else would be a lie.

    On a side note, cos I don't wanna feel I am only talking to the guy I quoted above....

    Really not liking the current narrative of shitting on the art team, because I think they are carrying this game. And while I am not a fan of much of what Blizzard are doing, their art team knock it out of the park. Or maybe as an artist myself I feel a bias of standing up for other artists. these people are usually contracted and earn fuck all yet put their heart and soul into what they make. I personally think from an concept artistic point of view Warcraft's art hasn't changed much outside of the tools and the 30 years of artistic evolution, it still feels very Warcraft. I can easily recognise any new pic and tell myself 'that's Warcraft'

    You wanna say that the pic looks very anime, sure, but Kalec has always looked very anime, and Nordormu has always had an asian aesthetic design. As well as all the dragonflight always having vibrant hairstyles.

    Let's not also forget that in the mid 2000's there was a WoW manga series, called the Sunwell trilogy, where Kalec first appeared. So yea, no shit he looks anime
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-04 at 09:10 AM.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It sounds like your main issue is the content of those featured in the art not so much the art itself. Let's start with the Dragonflight , how else are they supposed to look in their human form? The dragon flight have never been this big muscular metal concept.

    Comparing two really buffs races like dwarfs and orcs compared to dragons in their mortal forms is going to be vastly different. You cannot make the Dragonflight look anything like the pic you have shown. I mean you could have their dragon forms, but this is the image they wanted to go with and they represent what they look like in the game, making them look like anythign else would be a lie.

    On a side note, cos I don't wanna feel I am only talking to the guy I quoted above....

    Really not liking the current narrative of shitting on the art team, because I think they are carrying this game. And while I am not a fan of much of what Blizzard are doing, their art team knock it out of the park. Or maybe as an artist myself I feel a bias of standing up for other artists. these people are usually contracted and earn fuck all yet put their heart and soul into what they make. I personally think from an concept artistic point of view Warcraft's art hasn't changed much outside of the tools and the 30 years of artistic evolution, it still feels very Warcraft. I can easily recognise any new pic and tell myself 'that's Warcraft'

    You wanna say that the pic looks very anime, sure, but Kalec has always looked very anime, and Nordormu has always had an asian aesthetic design. As well as all the dragonflight always having vibrant hairstyles.

    Let's not also forget that in the mid 2000's there was a WoW manga series, called the Sunwell trilogy, where Kalec first appeared. So yea, no shit he looks anime
    Interesting post, thanks.


    In addition, I have thought the art team have been the biggest attraction to re-visiting warcraft

  19. #59
    So have we figured out who the green dragon is supposed to be? Because it's almost guaranteed Ysera will return in Dragonflight. (source)

  20. #60
    Kalecgos looks like an Elezen straight out of FFXIV, not that I'm complaining.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •