Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Love this new loading screen

Beautiful. Is it me or should Nozdormu have blonde hair ? or bronze hair

It might be bronzy but its probably because there's a strong golden yellow light being cast on the characters

Wrathion is so incredibly handsome, it's unreal. Kalecgos looks like a derp though.

P.S.: I think Nozdormu should be blonde. Or grey.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    It might be bronzy but its probably because there's a strong golden yellow light being cast on the characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wrathion is so incredibly handsome, it's unreal. Kalecgos looks like a derp though.

P.S.: I think Nozdormu should be blonde. Or grey.
    Nozdormu has brown hair.

Can see these same folks, except Wrathion, in the Cataclysm finale cinematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJr3giQsxo4

I think it's an odd choice to have black bars on the loading screen.

We've had at least 32:9 loading screens since patch 8.2 content and I've never seen horizontal black bars before. Especially since the black bar is partially overlapped.

Edit: In hindsight, I suppose the black bars could simply be negative space, to be filled out with the usual map-like texture that scales with screen resolution.

In that case, this seems very in line with what we got for Shadowlands. I just hope all the characters displayed end up as important as a loading screen makes them seem *flashback to Krexus dying off-screen while leveling*
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-07-27 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

We've had at least 32:9 loading screens since patch 8.2 content and I've never seen horizontal black bars before. Especially since the black bar is partially overlapped.
    It is always how they look datamined. Eventually ingame they will have the border as we all know it.

everyone besides alex looks fine,the art direction is just bad,her face looks swollen

Pretty sure its just missing the typical parchment colored background image.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Nozdormu has brown hair.

i would assume thats ysera's daughter who we met in bfa.

It's just missing the parchment and logo elements - it's typically how it looks being datamined (https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...-screen-317776)

Nozdormu has brown hair.

I know that he has brown hair, but I think grey or blonde or some sand-colored beige would fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i would assume thats ysera's daughter who we met in bfa.
    There's been lots of speculation one way or the other, but to me there's too much of a resemblance to Ysera (Merithra's face markings are different than Ysera's and don't match what's shown in the loading screen picture. The markings in the picture match Ysera's)and given the context of the picture seemingly being the current Aspects/ Leaders/ Representatives of the Dragon Flights...I choose to believe that's Ysera until it's 100% confirmed it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    everyone besides alex looks fine,the art direction is just bad,her face looks swollen
    Yeah, she looks pretty terrible in the promo art pics for Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I know that he has brown hair, but I think grey or blonde or some sand-colored beige would fit better.
    Ah, gotcha. I agree. But I also think him having a more wizened look, including grey/white makes more sense, or at least lines up better with the typical "Guardian of Time" trope

interesting how Alexstrasza is standing off separate from the others. it might just be to show off her fanservicey outfit, or perhaps it hints at some divide between the aspects or just her having a larger role than the others. the latter would be a bit disapointing since she's already had a lot of focus in the lore, but she does often seem to take a kind of leadership or figurehead role so it'd make sense

Nozdormu has brown hair.

While I agree, its not like blizz couldn't have changed it.

They changed alex's model after all, and even noz's tatoos and shoulder armor loo diff than what was in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    interesting how Alexstrasza is standing off separate from the others. it might just be to show off her fanservicey outfit, or perhaps it hints at some divide between the aspects or just her having a larger role than the others. the latter would be a bit disapointing since she's already had a lot of focus in the lore, but she does often seem to take a kind of leadership or figurehead role so it'd make sense
    She's considered the "Queen of Dragons", after Deathwing's betrayal she pretty much became the leader of the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    The others are all kind of going through their own things. Kalec isnt really recognized as the blue aspect, Noz is suffering from his inner turmoils around destiny and the infinite dragonflight, ysera is dead or if its her daughter she just recently took the position and wrathion is still a child mostly without a flight. So yeah I think Alex is kind of a defacto leader amongst them.

Are you saying that it has the wrong *ahem* Aspect ratio?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Like.

The art is cool.

But I really hope there are classic map-styled loading screens for the Dragon Isles. The characters can surround the map.