Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Viktor Orban Will Still Speak at CPAC Despite ‘Nazi’ Speech Backlash

In 2022, "Saying the Quiet Parts Out Loud", is dead.
    The NYT will still find a way to weasel word the headline into "CPAC speakers using SPicy Language"

Viktor Orban Will Still Speak at CPAC Despite ‘Nazi’ Speech Backlash
    Hungarian leader joins Trump, Cruz among conservative speakers next week in Texas

A gathering of US conservatives in Texas next week will still include Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban as a speaker despite his recent comments which prompted a long-time ally to resign from his government and compare his comments to Nazism.

In a speech over the weekend to supporters in Romania, Orban railed against a “flood” of migrants being “forced” on Hungary. He said he wanted to prevent Hungary from becoming a “mixed-race” country, adding that countries with a high level of racial mixing are no longer countries. Zsuzsanna Hegedus, who is Jewish and his long-time ally and adviser, resigned. The Romanian foreign minister also criticized the remarks.

Fuck your vibes, you have to out vote the fascists.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I mean it's Fascism. This is their platform.

How many times shall we repeat one of our two major parties is a party of Fascism.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the defense of this action included the line "But you have to understand--" which, of course, is code for "We know what we're doing is wrong, but we still want to do it".

What's with this weird fucking fetish the GOP has for Viktor fucking Orban.

I mean...OK...he is the only full blow fascist who wins elections, but still....He's like a second hand Mussolini of one of the least successful EU nations. Like the only EU nation that somehow keeps getting poorer while everyone else is blasting past them.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The GOP and "conservatives" seem to love their European fascists.

If Hitler was alive today, they would invite him.

7+ Year Old Account
    These guys are scary right wing populists which means that society has to come together in order to elect a centrist liberal Democrat who will beat them and save democracy. It seems like this the current formula, and it works pretty good, imo.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-07-28 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    These guys are scary right wing populists which means that society has to come together in order to elect a centrist liberal Democrat who will beat them and save democracy. It seems like this the current formula, and it's working out pretty good, imo.
    I wonder who you consider "centrist liberal Democrat" in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I wonder who you consider "centrist liberal Democrat" in this case.
    I thought that was like Joe Biden, right? I don't think he agrees with the loony left. He occasionally gets fed some woke nonsense on his teleprompter and his Twitter manager sometimes makes a progressive virtue signalling tweet, but overall I think he is just a centrist liberal.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-07-28 at 02:17 AM.

These guys are scary right wing populists which means that society has to come together in order to elect a centrist liberal Democrat who will beat them and save democracy. It seems like this the current formula, and it works pretty good, imo.
    Nice words. How's the action part? Voting and cheerleading for Trump accomplishes any of that.....how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Nice words. How's the action part? Voting and cheerleading for Trump accomplishes any of that.....how?
    I've not really been cheerleading for Trump in the last couple years though. Instead I've been cheerleading for a more non-political understanding of progress where it doesn't actually matter that much in regards to who is president.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was like Joe Biden, right? I don't think he agrees with the loony left. He occasionally gets fed some woke nonsense on his teleprompter and his Twitter manager sometimes makes a progressive virtue signalling tweet, but overall I think he is just a centrist liberal.
    You can't support centrist liberalism and unironically rant against being "woke". Literally the only people who see "woke" as a negative are far-right bigotry-driven extremists.

He occasionally gets fed some woke nonsense on his teleprompter
    Tell us more about your fantasies, because honestly I haven't the faintest idea what this could even be referencing.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-07-28 at 03:32 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

I mean...OK...he is the only full blow fascist who wins elections, but still....He's like a second hand Mussolini of one of the least successful EU nations. Like the only EU nation that somehow keeps getting poorer while everyone else is blasting past them.
    It's two things, I feel:

One: They can't really invite Putin or be publicly friendly with him anymore because, y'know, the War Crimes his army is committing in an invasion he started under premises somehow more flimsy than 'we think Iraq is making WMDs lmao', so they're rallying behind a different Far-Right European autocrate who's shamelessly racist/xenophobic... I mean uh... a European leader who's 'Not Woke'.

Two: They're virtue signaling to other far right European nationalist movements 'that being a total cunt is okay because the big US will have your back!' and want more people like Orban in positions of power to redefine western alliances as less 'We sure love freedom' and more 'We sure fucking hate religious, ethnic, gender, and sexual minorities'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

It's kind of splitting the meaning to call a democratically elected leader a fascist. Not everyone is a fan of flooding the market to suppress wages and keep a slave style economy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    It's kind of splitting the meaning to call a democratically elected leader a fascist. Not everyone is a fan of flooding the market to suppress wages and keep a slave style economy.
    Yeah I'm sure he was talking about economic anxiety when he went on his spiel about not wanting ethnic minorities in his country.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has fearmongering of "mixed races" to do with the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    What has fearmongering of "mixed races" to do with the economy?
    Its usually what people brandy around when they want to flood the market with the working poor to destroy livelihoods.

It's our generation " wont someone think of the children" it's a empty moralist scare mongering that is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't support centrist liberalism and unironically rant against being "woke". Literally the only people who see "woke" as a negative are far-right bigotry-driven extremists.
    Not really no.

Wait now.

Since when being democratically elected make a fascist no longer a fascist?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc...deral_election

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1924...neral_election

Fascists win elections all the time. They just then proceed to dismantle the democratic systems via which they take power to hold onto power.

Exactly like what Orban and Fidesz have done I'm Hungary. Or Republicans are doing in the US.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-07-28 at 09:36 AM.