Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Where do you think that gold came from
    It's all farmed from Dire Maul bro.

This may be an unpopular suggestion, but wouldn`t having a dungeon finder fix this problem of dungeon boosting?
    Of course only server wide for the one you`re on.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's all farmed from Dire Maul bro.
    Lol of course

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    A rather odd argument, the prevalence of GDKP's has massively increased since TBC launched.

Matter of fact is, GDKP has become on larger servers (such as Gehennas) the de facto loot system for pugs
    Oh, pugs.

I mostly raid with my guild, but I've been doing semi-regular pugs as well and have been able to do so without GDKP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    what server are you on? pagle is all gdkp these days and id gladly transfer to a server that isnt busted as shit
    MirageRaceway-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh, pugs.

I mostly raid with my guild, but I've been doing semi-regular pugs as well and have been able to do so without GDKP.
    Not to attack but i'll say that not every guild has alt runs, let alone multiple ones.

So even if you raid with a guild and just want to play Alts, it's difficult to get around GDKP's on large servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sad, just sad. So because something is popular in the community that means its a good thing? Also there were PLENTY of pugs early in TBC when GDKP had not gotten as popular. But after like Januar/feb this year it started to be infested. Raids will still be raided even if RMT boosting (lets call what it is, tired of seeing people in BT gear with green gems in gear, joining pugs playing like crap) is gone, cause...guess what, people want to raid.

I pugged all raids with normal SR raids (Minus BT and Sunwell, didnt bother get fire gear to join as tank, and dont think a tier5 tank could join sunwell), no issues for the most part. And its because the raids aint so sweaty and stupid like on retail, aka you don't want stupid strict pugs thats highly organized.
    You mean when the only content available was a fucking joke? Efficiently cleared BTs and sunwells aren't being done by pugs and wouldn't be regardless if GDKPs didn't exist.

So you just want shit groups where no one gives a fuck? Because that's what you get without strict rules lmao. The majority of players do not want to play that way. Whether it's "good" or not is irrelevant. If the majority of people in a video game want to play a certain way, that's the way it is. Why would the company taking those people's money go against that?

Where do you think that gold came from
    You're incredibly out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think most people would instantly disengage from any GDKP group because they could get banned for it.
    Similiarly, advertising for them trade chat would also go down as well as Server discords.

By that itself, the amount of GDKp would instantly decline massively because it would be treated like any activity that is against the ToS.
    Policing it also wouldn't too difficult to be frank, when you have an account that constantly keeps mailing people loads of gold, that instantly raises suspicion.
    One quick log review to see that said account constantly raids [current raid] and in those raids loot is just *being traded* to people without any word makes it pretty obvious on what is going on.

A big thing about GDKP and RMT is the fact neither the organizer nor the participants who didn't buy gold put their account on the line.
    The second that changes, people will become a lot less interested in them.

They would still happen of course, just as RMT does, but the their prevalence would certainly massively decline.

Bit overly dramatic, no?
    As if the entire existance of the Classic playerbase hinges on GDKP - GDKP wasn't arguably the most popular loot system in Classic itself and somehow the playerbase managed to make it into TBCC.

By that logic, World buffs were a part of Classic, because most people engaged in them.
    I however think the common consensus is that Classic would've been better without them.
    Why would discords go down? You think blizzard can or would monitor discords? You assume loot is traded without any word why? You could easily just do bids out of game and distribute loot in a number of ways that isn't suspicious.

The other thing people don't think about if they could magically prevent GDKPs from existing is "so what?" What do you think that changes? People argue they don't like GDKPs because people just buy gold from gold farmers/bots and they either can't compete or have to also buy gold. Okay so now people can't use gold to buy gear. Do you think the gold supply would actually decrease (less gold farmers)? Or more realistically, all mat prices just skyrocket due to inflation of gold supply and nothing else for people to spend it on. So now you're paying 800g for a flask and 40g per mana pot and you're exactly where you just started.

Not sure how you think it's overdramatic. It's exactly what dad servers end up being. Just a bunch of shitters at the game not clearing difficult raids and drooling over the ~60 people in the two guilds on the server that do actually clear raids.

You didn't have a choice but to engage with world buffs whether you supported them or not. Everyone has a choice to participate in GDKPs. If you want to argue that those are all the good raids though then you prove my point. Good players aren't going to pug shit and carry people. Most SR runs I've seen have far more insanely restrict rules on who can attend than any GDKP but it's required to ensure there aren't any shitters when people don't get compensated to carry them. Those who oppose GDKPs are a loud minority.

- - - Updated - - -

toons on pagle stankmeener 80 hunter t4 gear. learned hunter pagle t4 gear and ill pass on teh gdkp. i have 500 gold spread across all my toons and im not going to waste it on items ill be replacing in a month.
    damn you got a level 80 in BC? crazy

my guy out here doing 200 dps lmao

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...pe=damage-done

barely hitting 800 dps on a hunter

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...rned?zone=1007

crazy to me that I've literally never seen a good player against GDKPs

- - - Updated - - -

what server are you on? pagle is all gdkp these days and id gladly transfer to a server that isnt busted as shit

- - - Updated - - -

my guild is just open roll MS OS when we get enough people on to run a raid. so theres one at least.
    No one's letting your doghsit 200 dps into raid regardless of the server my guy

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You're incredibly out of touch.
    Id argue that its you thats out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Why would discords go down?
    Because the majority of players tend to not congregate on servers which promote activities against the ToS.
    You could easily just do bids out of game and distribute loot in a number of ways that isn't suspicion.
    ...at which point the loot would be distributed without anything in chat.
    Nevermind that people receiving a amount of gold every week from a certain account who sends out gold to 24 other people also raises suspicion.

I'm not saying that you'd catch every GDKP, but the hassle to cover ones tracks certainly makes this whole ordeal unattractive for most players, nevermind the existing risk to get your account banned.
    Do you think the gold supply would actually decrease (less gold farmers)? Or more realistically, all mat prices just skyrocket due to inflation of gold supply and nothing else for people to spend it on. So now you're buying 800g for a flask and 40g per mana pot and you're exactly where you just started.
    First off, a massive driver of inflation is RMT, that RMT is being funded by GDKP's because people can literally buy BiS gear via GDKP's.
    With less demand for gold, the Inflation would also not be as extreme.

Second, people wouldn't buy more consumables because "they got nothing else to spend it on", i wouldn't suddenly buy more Mana pots because GDKP's are gone - why would i?
    Like what is this logic? Do you believe people seriously choose between buying consumables and buying gear in GDKP?
    Most GDKP's deduct your ass if you don't bring consumables as pumper.

If what you're saying is true and everyone stops raiding because GDKP's are gone, then the prices for consumables would go down because less people are buying consumables.
    Not sure how you think it's overdramatic. It's exactly what dad servers end up being. Just a bunch of shitters at the game not clearing difficult raids and drooling over the ~60 people in the two guilds on the server that do actually clear raids.
    I played on Servers where GDKP's weren't as prevalent in Classic and they still managed to clear the raids.

And this also completely disregards the remaining SR pugs that, you know, also manage to clear.
    You didn't have a choice but to engage with world buffs whether you supported them or not. Everyone has a choice to participate in GDKPs.
    I don't recall that World buffs were forcefully applied to me when i entered a raid.

Like please, if you don't see the obvious failure of logic in this sentence, then say so because i'm not going to further argue with a person who believes that World buffs were mandatory but GDKP's aren't, both are entirely player driven.
    Both are (due to their prevalence within the community) or neither are (because the game doesn't enforce it).
    Most SR runs I've seen have far more insanely restrict rules on who can attend than any GDKP
    ...the obvious issue with the latter is that quite a few of those that are being carried acquired that gold through illicit means.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-07-30 at 09:34 PM.

Id argue that its you thats out of touch.
    Stop it please. You don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Stop it please. You don't know anything.
    You think average player is rolling around with 5k+ gold because they farmed it?

"They got it from gdkp". Yes from buyers that bought it.

"They got it from boosting". Yes from players that bought it/ earned it in gdkp from players that bought it.

You are delusional if you don't think 50% of the gold floating around in the game is bought gold from bots.

You think average player is rolling around with 5k+ gold because they farmed it?

"They got it from boosting". Yes from players that bought it/ earned it in gdkp from players that bought it.

You are delusional if you don't think 50% of the gold floating around in the game is bought gold from bots.
    By your own admission none of the hypothetical people you talked about actually bought gold. Most gear in GDKPs are not paid with gold that they acquired through RMT.

Who here is actually deluded? Do you know how expensive it would be to buy a full bis set in sunwell for any competitive class at the height of P5?

- - - Updated - - -

I never said otherwise. Here is my original reply for reference.
    But it's not true, you don't farm for days. When strat boosting was still a thing, I was making 500g/hour hand over fist, quite a bit of that was just looted raw currency. Now with prepatch and SP 100 pulls I can probably expect 50-75g/reset per player as well. My gold isn't botted or acquired through RMT.

Likewise i've had a shaman alt for all of TBC and i've been running GDKPs with it since p2, and I have friends with gold cap who have done the same who haven't paid a cent on RMT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all carries are paid carrries. This was just a stupid change in general in both Retail and Classic servers. It fucks over people like myself who level alts or run friends through dungeons. Due to level scaling in retail, soloing legacy dungeons and raids is also dead ("No more soloing ICC, BT, Firelands or SoO for Transmog gear sets for you!"). You can forget about doing BFA, Legion, WoD and Pandaria quests that send you into dungeons and raids too because Blizzard said "fuck you, do the current expansion!" is why.

If this isn't a reason to make all Dungeons and Raids soloable, I don't know what is.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

5k gold is not a lot of gold. You can get over 300g just from doing dailies every day. I don't think anyone is denying that a lot of gold selling/buying goes on, but you have to also acknowledge that it's not hard to gain gold if you don't buy it. I know a tonne of people who are reluctant to use expensive consumables, to buy BOE items (example SWP crafted) etc because they want to conserve gold, not because they don't have any but because they don't want to spend it and they are in the 20k+ range, none of them even do GDKP runs.

I'm hovering around 5k and most of my gold goes on haste pots and respecs, I'd be hovering on a lot more if I didn't buy Hard Khorium Battleplate pattern and pay for Gloves of Immortal Dusk. If I had done all the dailies since SWP came out I'd probably be sitting on well over 20k.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

damn you got a level 80 in BC? crazy

my guy out here doing 200 dps lmao

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...pe=damage-done

barely hitting 800 dps on a hunter

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...rned?zone=1007

crazy to me that I've literally never seen a good player against GDKPs

No one's letting your doghsit 200 dps into raid regardless of the server my guy
    I was howling at this for about 10 minutes, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Mage boosting is out of control, FIX THIS NOW BLIZZARD OR WE ALL QUIT!"

"Fixes broke everything, WHY CAN'T BLIZZARD JUST LEAVE THINGS BE?!"

You just can't win.
    Fix things means dont break other things, you cant be serious with this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    5k gold is not a lot of gold. You can get over 300g just from doing dailies every day. I don't think anyone is denying that a lot of gold selling/buying goes on, but you have to also acknowledge that it's not hard to gain gold if you don't buy it. I know a tonne of people who are reluctant to use expensive consumables, to buy BOE items (example SWP crafted) etc because they want to conserve gold, not because they don't have any but because they don't want to spend it and they are in the 20k+ range, none of them even do GDKP runs.

I'm hovering around 5k and most of my gold goes on haste pots and respecs, I'd be hovering on a lot more if I didn't buy Hard Khorium Battleplate pattern and pay for Gloves of Immortal Dusk. If I had done all the dailies since SWP came out I'd probably be sitting on well over 20k.
    its impossible to make gold guys everyone must be buying it. https://imgur.com/a/K64wOQH

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    but if gear comes brain dead like retail
    pretty sure gear comes way more ''brain dead'' in classic than retail,the good gear atleast,no1 is able to easily mass boost in mythic

Quote Originally Posted by danki1337 View Post
    Fix things means dont break other things, you cant be serious with this comment.
    You don't understand what was said. They weren't saying "fix it properly", they were saying "leave things be".

That's... my point.