Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We can get the same GTA just without being straight up derogatory.
    Absolutely, and it shouldn't look or feel much different than the last three or four games, because I really can't recall anything seriously offensive in them.

The question is, where will they draw the line?
    Optimistically, you can expect that they'll only remove unjustified, plainly insulting stuff that wasn't even funny or critical to begin with.
    A more cynical prediction is that they'll play it too safe, and remove anything that remotely suggests that a minory character can be a bad person, which wouldn't feel right in a franchise in which every single character is a terrible human being.

Ultimately, we'll all have to wait and see, and it's certainly possible that the end product will dissipate any doubts that this statement has seeded, but you can't blame people from having said doubts, when many other pieces of media have failed at this exact task in the recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    no, because anything that is remotely funny is some kind of -ist or offensive to someone.
    This is hilariously unproven projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is hilariously unproven projection.
    You must be new to the internet. Because I'm skin tone 1, anything I say can and will be offensive, regardless of intent.

You must be new to the internet. Because I'm skin tone 1, anything I say can and will be offensive, regardless of intent.
    absurdist humor is standing right there, also pretending your skin tone is the default gives the game away plenty on it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fit all the criteria of "anything I say can and will be offensive" as you see it. And I gotta say, I have somehow completely avoided the victim complex you seem to be suffering from. Perhaps you should see a mental health professional to talk it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone pointed out that a controversial game series made a controversial statement about their next controversial game, which has people having conversations about the controversy?

Marketing can sure be cleaver.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

This is pure persecution complex and has no bearing on the reporting about this game or reality. You're making massive mental leaps off a single report about a general direction shift for the game while it's still in early development, having seen precisely zero work done on it.

The pre-outrage is weird. To hear people complaining about this decision, you'd think that this type of humor was the only thing that defined this series over the decades which...like...literally hasn't been. Has never been. It's been there, but it's hardly what folks spend most of the time talking about and I've never really seen people claim that that humor is the primary reason they enjoy the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is pure persecution complex and has no bearing on the reporting about this game or reality. You're making massive mental leaps off a single report about a general direction shift for the game while it's still in early development, having seen precisely zero work done on it.

The pre-outrage is weird. To hear people complaining about this decision, you'd think that this type of humor was the only thing that defined this series over the decades which...like...literally hasn't been. Has never been. It's been there, but it's hardly what folks spend most of the time talking about and I've never really seen people claim that that humor is the primary reason they enjoy the games.
    It's not really a mental leap. If you were to apply PC to a game like GTA, you'd be left with Gran Turismo.

It's not really a mental leap. If you were to apply PC to a game like GTA, you'd be left with Gran Turismo.
    Literally not remotely true in any way, shape, or form. There's honestly very little content like this that would get "cut" from previous games given the amount of narrative and open-world content available.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Says Trevor Noah is not successful....Stopped watching.

I hate this dishonest crap that people post as evidence for their point.
    Trevor Noah is successful, but he's still shit and has a funny joke about once every 5 years. He's just riding on the coattails of Colbert's show anyway and I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled. Lots of gullible Americans like garbage tier comedy, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Lots of gullible Americans like garbage tier comedy, I guess.
    how else can you explain Steven Crowder calling himself a comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So you can only have fun by being racist/bigoted? You sure thats the argument you want to push?
    What humor in GTA do you think was racist/bigoted?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    What humor in GTA do you think was racist/bigoted?
    Where did I say I think any of it was? Why not try reading what I was replying to?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Where did I say I think any of it was? Why not try reading what I was replying to?
    The guy you quoted said :"Why.... why... WHY do we have to kill fun because someone might get "offended"? So what if they get offended? Who cares? Grow up."
    He was probably referring the GTA games (topic of this thread).

So if you answer that he can only have fun by being racist/bigoted then that suggest that you find the GTA games racist/bigoted since that was the fun he was referring to.

I can't get into these games.

As an aside, political correctness has made it where most comedies are no longer funny or even being made, and many, MANY creators play it way too safe to keep from offending absolutely anyone. IMHO. Also, I don't watch Trevor Noah, but if the commercial I have seen 1 billion times on Hulu in the last 2 weeks is anything to go by, imho, he is decidedly NOT funny. Anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

As an aside, political correctness has made it where most comedies are no longer funny or even being made, and many, MANY creators play it way too safe to keep from offending absolutely anyone. IMHO. Also, I don't watch Trevor Noah, but if the commercial I have seen 1 billion times on Hulu in the last 2 weeks is anything to go by, imho, he is decidedly NOT funny. Anyway...
    If no one is getting offended, there is no comedy. See UK stand-up.
    -K

I can't get into them because of the garbage controls. I don't know why Rockstar can do all these cool things and yet you handle your player character like a fucking mongoloid with balance issues.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I can't get into them because of the garbage controls. I don't know why Rockstar can do all these cool things and yet you handle your player character like a fucking mongoloid with balance issues.
    They should just pay naughty dog w/e it takes to share their motion matching tech with them. ND used to have the same heavy control issues rockstar games do then with Lost Legacy they implemented their motion matching tech and their games have controlled like a dream ever since. Not going to happen but hopefully they find their own solution to this.

They feel heavy because it's support to be immersive.

I don't wanna play a GTA game where the character feels like moving a paper around.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They feel heavy because it's support to be immersive.

I don't wanna play a GTA game where the character feels like moving a paper around.
    This is exactly why I named ND as an example. Their movement is still realistic and immersive and no longer controls like shit, they fixed this problem so can rockstar.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Yriel

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    /puke
    /spit

Why.... why... WHY do we have to kill fun because someone might get "offended"? So what if they get offended? Who cares? Grow up.

90% of /joke(s) from wow got removed because someone "might get offended".... saaaad, sad world we live in...
    This is what I replied to.... He is trying to hint that removing racist/bigoted stuff would make it not funny anymore. this has nothing to do with whether there is racist/bigoted stuff or whats even being removed

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

this sums it up about 80%
    This was his response confirming what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The guy you quoted said :"Why.... why... WHY do we have to kill fun because someone might get "offended"? So what if they get offended? Who cares? Grow up."
    He was probably referring the GTA games (topic of this thread).

So if you answer that he can only have fun by being racist/bigoted then that suggest that you find the GTA games racist/bigoted since that was the fun he was referring to.
    Stop trying to twist shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    First of all GTAO allows players to make female characters or even cross dress or whatever else they want to do so I really don’t see a problem with having a female driven narrative in the main story in fact I am looking forward to see how it plays.

All that aside, I find it completely stupid to complain about the jokes and the political incorrectness of GTA. Some people or many people or even one person want to be like this and like this kind of humor and want to make jokes that some people pretend to be offended by.

Being offended is fine but it’s a “you” problem. No one is responsible for how someone else feels when they go about their business. Learn to tolerate others it’s a great virtue. Trying to make this whole new “obligatorily nice” world is what fucked WoW. People want to be what they want to be. Using such a cheap excuse like “I’m offended” is just pathetic.

GTA is a cultural monument in the gaming word and should be left alone to be what it wants to be. No one is obliged to participate anyway so just move on if you don’t like whatever GTA stands for. Play WoW instead that’s a great lukewarm example of how pretentious so called “inclusion” can actually make everyone feel excluded and left behind.

Can you show me one person that has done this in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

odd. quick google search shows many many comedies that were and are being made.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.