Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    sounds like it's been in development hell.
    And considering the apparently new direction of the game it doesn't really bode well. Developers quitting because of lack of progress doesn't exactly give confidence in their own product or what they want to do with it. Maybe them trying to not be offending while still making a GTA game proved to be quite difficult since it's literally about criminals, which often are offensive. Either in actions or words.

never seen the game as punching down... always seen it punching in every single direction at anyone in that's involved in the criminal scene. Which you know, is a very aggressive culture to be in... Then the fact that a lot of criminals are in it because of bad circumstances and themselves are in a "down" position how can it be avoided?
    really curious how this pans out.
    It's like trying to make crime game and then say they will try to turn down the crime to not encourage crimes. It's essentially working against itself.

It having a female protagonist doesn't change or matter at all I think.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-28 at 07:44 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It's called humor. You must be great at parties.
    I like humor! I don't like low effort humor playing to the lowest common denominator, it's generally not funny. The, "Oh no! Protagonist discovers that the chick giving them a lapdance IS A DUDE WITH A DICK HOLY SHIT HAHA IT'S SO FUNNY!" joke wasn't really funny to begin with, much less when the 50th time. I'm much more into social critique and commentary, mostly punching up. Punching down isn't funny, it's lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Female main character?

Inb4 woke shit ... Sigh :|
    Im gonna asume your joking,but if not,you must foam at the mouth when looking at tomb raider games,specialy the reboots where lara is a killing machine,oh and let this sink in...in that game,you cant even pick MALE!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    GTA 1 already had playable female characters

Sure, no character in the first game had any personality, but claiming it's the first time to have a playable woman is wrong

Also GTA Online I guess
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Citation Needed]

and no, "Trust Me Bro" from Bloomberg doesn't count
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I just could not get into the HD GTA's. I played GTA 2 WAY back when I was super young and barely remember it, but I played the 3D GTAs so much (GTA3 and Vice City). Since I never played GTA 4 past the first mission and never bothered with GTA 5, maybe I'll try this one when it comes out.

GTAIV had gay strip clubs. Now that there's a female protagonist it seems like a good time to add that back, well male strip clubs in general. Then as a player you can choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rockstar, the maker of Grand Theft Auto, is reinventing itself as a kinder, gentler company

Developers are also being cautious not to “punch down” by making jokes about marginalized groups, the people said, in contrast with previous Grand Theft Auto games.
    These two lines have me kinda concerned. I know GTA isn't supposed to be Saint's Row levels of ridiculous, but if it loses it's teeth, it won't go over well.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    [Citation Needed]

and no, "Trust Me Bro" from Bloomberg doesn't count
    Schreier is legit and has a solid track record of reporting leaks and insider information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Schreier is legit and has a solid track record of reporting leaks and insider information.
    Still, until I see some kind of release from Take2/Rockstar I'll take this leak with a grain of salt.

Just like all the 10.0 Leaks we saw right before Dragonflight.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Still, until I see some kind of release from Take2/Rockstar I'll take this leak with a grain of salt.

Just like all the 10.0 Leaks we saw right before Dragonflight.
    Not remotely the same, but grains of salt are totally fine with early leaks like this as directions can absolutely change between now and when they finally announce it.

Female main character?

Inb4 woke shit ... Sigh :|
    There is literally a zero percent chance that a GTA is gonna be completely PC.

I would bet money that we get to torture, humiliate, and massacre some anti-trans cunts ingame though. Or like a character deadnames somebody and immediately gets smoked.

Maybe we burn down a WBC styled church.

Everyone in GTA is a piece of shit. It's part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    These two lines have me kinda concerned. I know GTA isn't supposed to be Saint's Row levels of ridiculous, but if it loses it's teeth, it won't go over well.
    I don't feel like "punching up" would be the same as losing teeth.

Like, say there's a trans woman who looks like a ridiculous dude in a wig with 5 o clock shadow. Characters can still call her "him"; the difference will be whether or not you play as that person, or whether you get to beat the shit out of them. "Don't you fucking dare talk to a lady like that, bitch!"

If you *want* to punch down on vulnerable people ingame, maybe just die mad about it.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-07-28 at 09:49 PM.

Bonnie and Clyde type story sounds dope

I'm concerned about them being too sensitive with their jokes though. There is no such thing as punching down if you are punching in every direction.

I'm just going to assume everyone upset at this news are also the same assholes who hack online free roam so I'll be glad to see ya'll leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Bonnie and Clyde type story sounds dope

I'm concerned about them being too sensitive with their jokes though. There is no such thing as punching down if you are punching in every direction.
    Punching in every direction still includes punching down, still makes you a piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Im gonna asume your joking,but if not,you must foam at the mouth when looking at tomb raider games,specialy the reboots where lara is a killing machine,oh and let this sink in...in that game,you cant even pick MALE!!!
    Sigh.. I'm not even gonna take your bait but please for the love of God, please rethink what you just said there. Like seriously. When you have done that, do it a second time and then you'll see your comment has absolute nothing of value to add to my original post.

Some people nowadays man.. shouldn't be allowed to voice their pathetic dumb opinions.

Now if you really wanna debate this, please add some context into your statements.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

10+ Year Old Account
    My gripe is that everyone is just taking this as 100% truth with no verified source other than "Trust me Bro"

I really don't give a shit if the PC is Male Female Neither Both or whatever in between.

#TeamFuckEverything

Sigh.. I'm not even gonna take your bait but please for the love of God, please rethink what you just said there. Like seriously. When you have done that, do it a second time and then you'll see your comment has absolute nothing of value to add to my original post.

Some people nowadays man.. shouldn't be allowed to voice their pathetic dumb opinions.

Now if you really wanna debate this, please add some context into your statements.
    ah,the reverse troll acusation,i see what your doing,well...i guess being a misogynist alone doesnt pay the bills

Ye female protagonist and they „won’t punch down to people“.

GTA was always some hyper over the top cliche fest and I love it for that. Already less hyped because of that woke bullshit.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I don't feel like "punching up" would be the same as losing teeth.

Like, say there's a trans woman who looks like a ridiculous dude in a wig with 5 o clock shadow. Characters can still call her "him"; the difference will be whether or not you play as that person, or whether you get to beat the shit out of them. "Don't you fucking dare talk to a lady like that, bitch!"
    I'm hoping you are right.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.