Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gta is known for its raunchy style humor.
    That's one aspect of it, yes. But it's hardly what defines it. It's much more defined by its social commentary and critiques in general, which do not inherently rely on raunchy humor punching down.

In your world where we are only allowed to laugh at over privledged people of the world like fat white characters like cartman from South park and characters like timmy are insensitive because he's in a wheel chair.
    In your opinion, sure. But that doesn't mean that's an accurate reflection of what I believe or what Rockstar is aiming for based on this early leak.

You're just excluding the Timmy's of the world and they don't get to be involved in the conversation at the risk of hurting people's feelings which isn't very inclusive
    Not at all. The Timmy's of the world can be full participants in this, just as Timmy is a full participant in South Park and simply a one-note joke. He's a fairly fleshed out character and wasn't limited to a one-note joke.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-07-29 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The misuse of the term 'woke' is so gahdamn annoying on the internet.

GTA has always been woke based on its reflection and commentary of society.

Inclusion and diversity is not woke. Its just inclusion and diversity.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Is beating up a mime considered punching down? I need to know where the line is drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Ahh nice to see the first Rockstar iz puttin wokenezz in me game has arrived.
    It's really only "woke" pandering if they feel the need to brag about it, which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It's really only "woke" pandering if they feel the need to brag about it, which they did.
    They didn't. Unless you think Jason Schreier works for Rockstar I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about tbh.

This wasn't some official press drop from Rockstar, this was notable journalist reporting on what he knows about the project currently.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Outside of acknowledging that they're developing and hiring for GTA VI, Rockstar has said precisely nothing about the game. Read the OP, it's Schreier reporting on what he's hearing from developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    i picture a quest where the protagonist shames a few dudes hitting on girls or even better, a dude asking the help of protagonist because she's all powerful and all.

while it is obviously a video game and anything goes, secretly wishing things that won't EVER happen in the real life is plain pathetic.

men and women are not the same BUT they have equal rights in any possible way.

p.s : patiently waiting for my infraction for stating the obvious truth.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    No, it's not because of the female main character. It's about how GTA has always been a skeptical/cynical reflection of reality, and they've pretty much already admitted that they aren't going to have anything "offensive." So, it's going to be bland as every other bit of content that claims to be woke.
    You realise women exist in reality right?

- - - Updated - - -

It's called humor. You must be great at parties.
    Dude I've been to funerals that were literally funnier (and I'm using the word "literally" in the literal sense here). Nothing in your comment even comes close to trying to be a joke, except for the person posting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i picture a quest where the protagonist shames a few dudes hitting on girls or even better, a dude asking the help of protagonist because she's all powerful and all.

while it is obviously a video game and anything goes, secretly wishing things that won't EVER happen in the real life is plain pathetic.

men and women are not the same BUT they have equal rights in any possible way.

p.s : patiently waiting for my infraction for stating the obvious truth.
    You're crying about something that doesn't exist yet and then complaining about the infraction you haven't gotten yet. Your comment should get an infraction for how annoying it is. And if you feel the need to predict that you're getting an infraction, maybe you should take a look at yourself and the views you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. But all of the good comedians get canceled because of people like you.
    Feel free to name some of these comedians and what they were cancelled for. Plenty of "offensive" comedians still have jobs on Netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

GTA5 was a crazy game. I'd also say defined by it's social commentary and mockery of our real world (like Edge mentioned). Having a female protagonist could open up some new avenues for that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Having a female protagonist could open up some new avenues for that.
    The commentary on the hot-tub meta is gonna be lit, fam.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They have sold LITERAL billions off copies with that model. Making an 180 and going against those loyal fans usually turns out great?
    You want to go woke? You'll go broke... Netflix, disney etc are perfect real life examples of this. But of course its everyone else that is the problem.
    But yes, keep up the illusions its so sell more copies.

- - - Updated - - -
    wtf are u talking about.

If Disney is "broke" as you say, then I would love to be fucking broke. Are you dumb or did you see this on Fox News? They are currently worth 188 Billion. They have completely OWNED the movies for the last decade +. Making hundreds of millions, or even billion + dollars a movie. Thats just the movies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well if the game doesn't meet sales expectations, I'll be sitting back and laughing. People are being more cautious about spending their money on big name games these days considering the trash that has been coming out of big studios the last several years.
    It will be a modern miracle to see GTA game flop, but I don't think that is physically possible. GTA(6)O alone will rake in billions for Rockstar.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It will be a modern miracle to see GTA game flop, but I don't think that is physically possible. GTA(6)O alone will rake in billions for Rockstar.
    The game wont flop.

You could have a man hating, anti leg shaving I wanna speak to the manager Karen archtype as protagonist and the game would still make money because its been like 20 years since GTA 5 and a bit of bad publicly wont mean shit if the game is good, which I'm sure it will at least be above average
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    A game can be successful and still not meet sales expectations, pretty sure GTA 4 failed to meet the sales targets set by GTA 3 but was still successful. To be fair though, GTA 3 basically launched the series into a new realm of popularity, it was going to be really hard to replicate that. I can see it being pretty underwhelming if the game is going to be even more sanitized than GTA 5 is when it comes to its crassness and humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    What controversy is this article referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A game can be successful and still not meet sales expectations, pretty sure GTA 4 failed to meet the sales targets set by GTA 3 but was still successful. To be fair though, GTA 3 basically launched the series into a new realm of popularity, it was going to be really hard to replicate that. I can see it being pretty underwhelming if the game is going to be even more sanitized than GTA 5 is when it comes to its crassness and humor.
    What the hell are you talking about, GTAIV is the 3rd highest selling GTA game and only behind San Andreas by 2 mil because San Andreas got a PS3/360 release. If GTAIV got another release past being stuck in a single gen it would easily pass SA and be the 2nd highest selling GTA game.

I have no idea what you are talking about with GTA3, GTA3 isn't even a top 4 selling GTA game, its 5th. It's under San Andreas, Vice City and GTAIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Except:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62249771

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...enue-canceled/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/21/enter...led/index.html

Is it really cancelled, if it is just relocated a few minutes down the street?

Also, in the world of "Cancel Culture", it doesn't really mean 1 show, it means the person's whole career. Which is clearly not the case here.
    Yes, it was cancelled. If he was less of an artist he wouldn't have been rebooked.
    That is also just one occasion, you have for example the entire walkout at netflix in protest of him.
    You're saying because they haven't managed to end his career, its not valid? Yeh, ok, cool story?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    wtf are u talking about.

If Disney is "broke" as you say, then I would love to be fucking broke. Are you dumb or did you see this on Fox News? They are currently worth 188 Billion. They have completely OWNED the movies for the last decade +. Making hundreds of millions, or even billion + dollars a movie. Thats just the movies lol
    Have you taken a look at either the netflix or disney stock the past year? Going from 600 usd per share to under 200 usd. That's looks like going broke to me, losing 2/3 thirds of your company value.
    Or the disney stock losing HALF its value.
    And it hasn't even started yet, this is only the appetizer but by all means, keep living in la la land where things like this won't have an affect on the business or direction as a whole.
    You should also learn the difference between profit and sales.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-07-30 at 09:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's cool that we're going back to Vice City. It's been a while.

Reminder, this is the videogame discussion forum. If you want to discuss entertainers/comedians you can do so in GenOT or the Cinema and TV forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You should also learn the difference between profit and sales.
    You should learn how the stock market works before you try to educate anyone on financials. Disney is one the healthiest and strongest corps in the world. You are absolutely clueless to try and describe them as "broke".