Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    White men.
    Would that be the only demographic of society it is ok to actively discriminate against?

I agree, make fun of everyone equally. That's what I do, everyone is fair game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Except Disney is a publicly traded company with shareholder information and its public information where those losses and profits are coming from. But that was already obvious when you wrote "I dunno the figures behind disney".
    Oh yes, we must make sure the sensibilities of Vanguard and Blackrock are not offended....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Would that be the only demographic of society it is ok to actively discriminate against?
    Well yeah, that is the world we live in.

Ah yes, the world we live in today where people like you think making fun of or denouncing bigotry, sexism, homophobia or transphobia is "discriminating against white cis straight men" because you can't understand the massive difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Given the nature of the GTA games, it only makes sense to make the characters total assholes. The game almost encourages you to be an asshole yourself, from gameplay perspective, so it'd be weird to make the characters anything but pricks. Trevor I feel is the perfect embodiment of your average GTA player.

I've played GTA 5 through a few times now, and I don't really remember anything all that racist in it.

My biggest wishlist item right now, is to have some way to make money in the single-player. In GTA 5, the way to do it is atrocious. You have to play the stock market game, and it's so god damn stupid and boring.
    5 had plenty of racist characters, from the casually racist government agent to some of the people out in Trevor's are. The is that they weren't glorified, instead their faults were out in the open.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Comedy at the expense of everything, shock value, etc, is the absolute best comedy IMO.
    So I assume Bruno must be one of your favorite comedies of all time? Especially the like 30 seconds of a dick helicoptering around in the middle of the movie? And that Divine's films are your favorites?

Literally not, and I'm still deeply confused where y'all get this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    The funniest part of this whole thing is going to be when Rockstar lampoons the shit out of the people who complained about the game having a female protagonist and all the weirdos that are still holding on to Gamergate go absolutely berserk about it.

And then there will be a bar called the "White Knight" and one of the characters will say "yass queen" in it and those same people will engage in a conspiracy about how it's a dig at "leftists" and that Rockstar is actually hiding their power level or whatever they call it these days.

If you're mad about this, you're a mark. Either because you get sucked in by right-wing chuds who spend all day inside making videos complaining about "woke" people and still call themselves "alpha", or because you've been sucked into believing that you have to attach your entire personality to individual traits about yourself and petition everyone and everything for "representation" of those traits.
    I don't think anyone cares about having a girl protag as long as they make her just as much of a piece of crap as the guys have been. The stuff about not punching down though is absolutely worrisome. GTA has always gone after everyone much like the south park creed of everything is okay or nothing is. Plenty of girl characters in gta online for example. Also gotta love bringing up the boogeyman of gamergate tells us a lot about your mindset.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-08-09 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So I assume Bruno must be one of your favorite comedies of all time? Especially the like 30 seconds of a dick helicoptering around in the middle of the movie?
    Bruno is fucking great, as is most of sacha's stuff. "This is the End" is also fucking hilarious, as is most of Seth Rogan's stuff. Vulgarity, inappropriate jokes of any type, etc. I'll laugh at anything if it can be and is intended as comedic.

And that Divine's films are your favorites?
    I'm not a film buff, so you'll have to elaborate. I don't know what/who divine is

Some other examples of jokes that punch at white people would be any of Dave Chappelle's white dude portrayals (like the news anchor).
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-08-09 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

I agree, make fun of everyone equally. That's what I do, everyone is fair game

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, we must make sure the sensibilities of Vanguard and Blackrock are not offended....
    I said I didn't know the figures because I have more important things to do with my time than dig through one of the biggest companies in the world to find out if they are successful or not when it's obvious they are and could probably start buying countries if they were allowed

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I said I didn't know the figures because I have more important things to do with my time than dig through one of the biggest companies in the world to find out if they are successful or not when it's obvious they are and could probably start buying countries if they were allowed
    Funny enough on the buying countries part they already own a chunk of florida that's bigger than rhode island.

Along with making the highest grossing movies yearly, along with having the #2 streaming service in the world, along with having the top sports network in NA. Oh sad days, what a dying company indeed.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-09 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Funny enough on the buying countries part they already own a chunk of florida that's bigger that rhode island.

Along with making the highest grossing movies yearly, along with having the #2 streaming service in the world, along with having the top sports network in NA. Oh sad days, what a dying company indeed.
    If disney are dying by thier definition because they made 8 trillion instead of 10 trillion then sign me up for some of that dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have anything new?

or are we still arguing the semantics of having a female protag??
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Also gotta love bringing up the boogeyman of gamergate tells us a lot about your mindset.
    Lmao okay dude. Gamergate was co-opted to form today's "alt-right" sphere of white supremacist/misogynist streamers and sycophants, that is a literal fact and it doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you're on. You can dress it up in pseudo-intellectual Jordan Peterson psychology as much as you want, the vast majority of outcry about having a female protagonist comes from losers who think it's "caving to the SJWs" to acknowledge that women or any other minority exists. There's quite simply no reason to assume that a female protagonist in GTA will be any more "good" as a person than any of the men have been, unless you're projecting that creating a female character means you're a "leftist" and therefore bad.

The fact that any of this needs to be said is fucking embarrassing. Having a female character isn't a good or a bad thing. It's literally just a thing. If it makes you feel like Rockstar is "on your side", regardless of what side you think that is, you've been sucked in to the culture war and you need to touch grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao okay dude. Gamergate was co-opted to form today's "alt-right" sphere of white supremacist/misogynist streamers and sycophants, that is a literal fact and it doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you're on. You can dress it up in pseudo-intellectual Jordan Peterson psychology as much as you want, the vast majority of outcry about having a female protagonist comes from losers who think it's "caving to the SJWs" to acknowledge that women or any other minority exists. There's quite simply no reason to assume that a female protagonist in GTA will be any more "good" as a person than any of the men have been, unless you're projecting that creating a female character means you're a "leftist" and therefore bad.

The fact that any of this needs to be said is fucking embarrassing. Having a female character isn't a good or a bad thing. It's literally just a thing. If it makes you feel like Rockstar is "on your side", regardless of what side you think that is, you've been sucked in to the culture war and you need to touch grass.
    Again nobody gives a flying crap about there being a women as a protagonist besides people farming from clicks from idiots who eat it up to scream about outrage. The worrisome thing is the claim of not punching down. GTA has always been an extremely misanthropic series aka f everyone and the horse they rode in on. If that changes it will not be a good thing for the series.

The characters in gta are horrible people if this changes the series will lose a lot you aren't supposed to look up to those people if you do I have serious concerns for your mental welfare. Even more than I do after the paragraph of idiocy you just spewed for my calling you out for bringing up something that happened half a decade ago and at least originally had literally nothing to do with what you are crying about.

Again nobody gives a flying crap about there being a women as a protagonist besides people farming from clicks from idiots who eat it up to scream about outrage. The worrisome thing is the claim of not punching down. GTA has always been an extremely misanthropic series aka f everyone and the horse they rode in on. If that changes it will not be a good thing for the series.

The characters in gta are horrible people if this changes the series will lose a lot you aren't supposed to look up to those people if you do I have serious concerns for your mental welfare. Even more than I do after the paragraph of idiocy you just spewed for my calling you out for bringing up something that happened half a decade ago and at least originally had literally nothing to do with what you are crying about.
    Your post tells me you have clearly never understood the main focus of GTA humor at all. It has never been about "punching down". Notice GTA5 is literally the same game with a transphobic joke removed. Oh wow, such woke harming the humor of the game! Totally changing the point /s.

This isn't a gamergate thread, folks. Please stay on topic and try to avoid forbidden topics.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And there it goes.

Well, GTA games were a blast, glad to have played them. I guess the hippy happy movement had to screw those too

First of all: They should keep doing exactly what they were doing in their games until now towards, none ever got offended by it... quite the opposite...

Male or Female: No.. give a choice to BOTH genders. So people can pick which one they want to play. Use some development into it, it´s worth it. Forcing a female character now is just... fake and obvious.

Character´s native origins do not matter, gladly we have got a bit of all in GTA´s so far and it has worked really good! So I see no issue on the character being latino/latina or whatever. As long as it goes with the story and theme

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Male or Female: No.. give a choice to BOTH genders. So people can pick which one they want to play. Use some development into it, it´s worth it. Forcing a female character now is just... fake and obvious.
    So "forcing" male characters good, female bad. Can you be anymore obvious of your intentions?

Your post tells me you have clearly never understood the main focus of GTA humor at all. It has never been about "punching down". Notice GTA5 is literally the same game with a transphobic joke removed. Oh wow, such woke harming the humor of the game! Totally changing the point /s.
    Again everything is okay or nothing is has always been the style of gta. It's why they can get away with what they do because they clearly don't single out anyone they go after everyone. If you start limiting what's okay to go after it becomes fairly obvious very quickly. The protags of gta are horrible people that are exaggerated to an absurd degree they aren't going to not go after someone because it would be "punching down"
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-08-10 at 01:00 PM.

Again everything is okay or nothing is has always been the style of gta.
    You keep doubling down on this point without anything to back it up. Please show where the main point of any GTA game was them attacking "everyone" when the main point of it has always been a satirical america and amplifying everything wrong with the country, not punching down and making fun of minority groups currently under real world attacks.

You come off as that kid that just drives to the strip club in GTA as your entire gameplay because the overall world and plot seems to have flown way over your head if you ever think it was about making fun of "everyone".

You keep doubling down on this point without anything to back it up. Please show where the main point of any GTA game was them attacking "everyone" when the main point of it has always been a satirical america and amplifying everything wrong with the country, not punching down and making fun of minority groups currently under real world attacks.

You come off as that kid that just drives to the strip club in GTA as your entire gameplay because the overall world and plot seems to have flown way over your head if you ever think it was about making fun of "everyone".
    Can honestly say never see the appeal of people who just sit in a virtual strip club in a new gta I pretty much do the story and maybe some of the collectible stuff. Again GTA insults everyone because the protagonists are fucking horrible people. That's why you go from the women power walk group to the meth heads and both are made to appear ridiculous. GTA is the most misanthropic game series ever made.

Also I really didn't need to hear about how you got around parental filters at home projection thy name is tech614