Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Apparently there's a multi-year time skip between Shadowlands and Dragonflight:

    Ah, yes, Shaw telling Genn that multiple years have passed since Shadowlands as if he didn't know that. Such believable dialogue. Should have prefaced it with "As you know" to keep it even more real.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Generally, the time skip between expansions is ~1 PY, although in some cases it has been more or less immediate (e.g. MoP -> WoD, Legion -> BfA), and in some cases, it has been nearly 2 PY in terms of in-game time.
    That one year also covers the expansions themselves though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,741
    Props for them finally going for a timeskip in the narrative post-expansion but it seems kinda wasted considering the DF expansion is zeroing in on the 'unknown ancient foes' angle once more instead of threats that have been growing over the years as a result of what has happened with the Legion, BfA and Shadowlands aftermaths.

    There's also the added issue that by introducing a timeskip the whole Sylvanas coming back 'redeemed' event has been brought forward in you-know-whos dreams.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  3. #63
    Warchief Lupinemancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...69241131368448

    i hope now we have united kingdom of quel'thalas-suramar! Lorthemar also expresses affinity with the two deities of the couple to the sun and the moon. they should have better titles lord protector and grand magistrix
    The two were confirmed a couple years ago, but it's nice to see this develpment.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    - there goes time leap /s
    The theory was we were in SL for 2 years and outside of SL it was going to have been like 100 years.

    Ion said no to that.

    This is entirely different.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    The two were confirmed a couple years ago, but it's nice to see this develpment.
    I hope they have a baby soon

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,195
    Question is how much "several" actually means. Is it 2, is it 7, is it 10 is it *insert number*.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The theory was we were in SL for 2 years and outside of SL it was going to have been like 100 years.

    Ion said no to that.

    This is entirely different.
    100 years? Which imbecile came up with that theory? That would imply that every non-elf or non-undead character would've been been dead by the time we returned from SL. Jesus Christ....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope they have a baby soon
    Eh, that'd be an odd one. A half blood elf-half nightborne. Pointy ears and a wonky skin colour.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  7. #67
    I mean, duh. It's not exactly surprising if you've paid attention to the interactions with them over the last few expansions.

  8. #68
    New Bloodborne allied race inc. The ultimate elven arcanists lol.

  9. #69
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    14,885
    I wonder where they got hitched. Speaking their vows "before both (their) kingdoms" makes me think it was somewhere other than Silvermoon or Suramar; but maybe it was, and the city ringing nuptial bells broadcast it via portals to whichever lost the coin toss. Which other VIPs of Azeroth attended? Who got snubbed? Was it cross-faction like Thrall's wedding? Was Halduron or Rommath best man, or did Theron just say fuck it and put that little prick Aethas in a tux? Did Liadrin dust off her priest's robes to lead the ceremony? Did Valtrois and Ly'leth fight a Tal'ashar to decide the maid of honour? Did Oculeth give Thalyssra away? Did her party of bridesmaids contain any BEs or were Salandria and Valeera shit out of luck? These are all important questions to which we are owed answers with surpassing haste.

    Seriously though, between this and the Kael'thas stuff, I'm tempted to believe Theron might actually have a role to play in the new book. Well... who am I kidding, it'll be Wrathion's book with an inexplicable subplot dedicated to Anduin helping Sylvanas with her community service.

  10. #70
    Pretty forced but no one is talking about this fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    The next time we see Anduin, he'll probably have a beard or longer hair. The reports of him being seen "here or there" are definitely true. Baine, Thrall and Jaina probably know for sure.




    Why would it be awkward? The Nightborne Unlock quest is Horde exclusive FYI. I happened to do the entire Insurrection Achievement for the first time on a Horde char and when I did the unlock quest on a different Horde char, Thalyssra acknowledges it as if it was the character she spent time with in Suramar. Same when I did the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elf Unlock quests last month. I did the achievements with one char but did the Unlock quests with different chars. They don't seem to "remember" exactly. LOL.

    That aside. I do find it very strange no pre-Dragonflight book has been announced or even hinted at by now. Maybe they'll come soon afrer the expansion is released but the time skip kinda demands we get books. LOL.
    Genn needs to die this expansion or the next. The guy's almost 100. He is 90 years in DF
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  11. #71
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,339
    If several years have passed then surely Gilneas and Mechagon have been reclaimed?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Genn needs to die this expansion or the next. The guy's almost 100. He is 90 years in DF
    I don't recall him being said to be old in the early Warcraft novels that take place during the First/Second wars.. Shadowlands is 35 years after so he could be around 50-70ish.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Question is how much "several" actually means. Is it 2, is it 7, is it 10 is it *insert number*.
    Nah the real question is how many quests involving poop has the player done during the time skip.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Nah the real question is how many quests involving poop has the player done during the time skip.
    Well Kadgar is not around so that would be 50% less

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They did that once with Thrall and Aggra, it was very hit or miss with the community. I was fine with it, but remember there being quite a bit of whining about it saying it's too out of touch with World of WAR craft, and too touchy feely, lovey dovey, or pointless bullshit or whatever.

    Not surprised they opted to not do that again, but I am also a bit disappointed we didn't get to be a part of it, I enjoy that kind of fluff.
    When I seen this topic that was my first reaction. Cataclysm deja vu. I honestly didn't mind that. I remember it feeling more like a side bit and I was ok with this. I could see some people not liking it, but I personally never forgot it even before reading this thread. So I do enjoy those things more as a side tidbit. (Not sure if they are gonna put it in the upcoming expansion some people said the wedding already happened off screen.)

    The big wedding I am really looking forward to seeing... is Anduin. He is too young still. I would want the whole nine yards. Big expensive CGI Royal wedding, bells and whistles. He is the King. It should be a big momentous occasion. No killing off Greymane he should be there too all the allies should. In high definition, Mal, Tyrande, Velen, Dwarves, Khadgar, Jaina, Turalyon, Alleria, even the Gnomes are invited. you name it. All of them. All of it. Even potentially since a faction peace they could throw in Horde characters... I'm not entirely sure if the game will last this long tho.
    Last edited by Kixxenn; 2022-07-29 at 06:20 AM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They did that once with Thrall and Aggra, it was very hit or miss with the community. I was fine with it, but remember there being quite a bit of whining about it saying it's too out of touch with World of WAR craft, and too touchy feely, lovey dovey, or pointless bullshit or whatever.

    Not surprised they opted to not do that again, but I am also a bit disappointed we didn't get to be a part of it, I enjoy that kind of fluff.
    The problem was only that the quest started with planning to heal the world tree and things... and instead culminated with Thrall and Aggra's wedding. So it's not so much that it was 'too touchy feely' it was that it was out of place in the rest of the questline and expansion with the world exploding and distracted from the thing the quest had STARTED with.

    And frankly Aggra is just not an endearing character.

    EDIT:

    Which is especially frustrating because practically every other orc lady would've made a decent partner for Thrall, but the one they created for the job comes across as unkind and abrasive from her book and generic/bland ingame.
    Twas brillig

  16. #76
    This is nice, but so cheap. Free already existing chars. I would love better if they create a new blood elf female char, build up and they fell in love. Maybe, a new sun priestess, Lyadrin is a blood knight now.
    And Thalyssra need no love in a first place, we need her to experience the whole new world after those thousand of years past under the dome. New Political, social ordeals for her and for her people.
    This is just cheap canvas novel.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    This is nice, but so cheap. Free already existing chars. I would love better if they create a new blood elf female char, build up and they fell in love. Maybe, a new sun priestess, Lyadrin is a blood knight now.
    And Thalyssra need no love in a first place, we need her to experience the whole new world after those thousand of years past under the dome. New Political, social ordeals for her and for her people.
    This is just cheap canvas novel.
    And love with Lorthemar is not experience the whole new world after those thousand of years past under the dome? Why it should stop each other?
    In marriage cannot be adventures?

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    And love with Lorthemar is not experience the whole new world after those thousand of years past under the dome? Why it should stop each other?
    In marriage cannot be adventures?
    Oh plz we are not teens anymore or older housewives with a rare good sexual act.
    Last edited by Loreth88; 2022-07-29 at 08:33 AM.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Oh plz we are not teens anymore or older housewives with a rare good sexual act.
    And that is weird answer. What it has to be anything about marriage of Lorthemar and Thalyssra?
    What stop them to go adventuring? I dont think that their marriage will stop them acting in the plot. They can still do some stuff, aside of political.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    And that is weird answer. What it has to be anything about marriage of Lorthemar and Thalyssra?
    What stop them to go adventuring? I dont think that their marriage will stop them acting in the plot. They can still do some stuff, aside of political.
    Blizz do. Look at Jaina naive fool for years after that angry lady for years now She changed again they can’t show that a person have different faces in different situations, different reactions.
    Now they will be The married couple for years and the nightborne story will be this for years to. Sidekicks of this marriage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •