Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I dunno, I think Aggra grows on you somewhere between 5239876th and 5629764th time she screeched "Go'el" with that abrasive stock female Orc voice.
    Cataclysm-era style of voicing every NPC while grabing random people from the office was sure something. Hyjal intro will forever be in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Cataclysm-era style of voicing every NPC while grabing random people from the office was sure something. Hyjal intro will forever be in my memory.
    All time worst title is still held by Sindragosa, but boy does Aggra fight hard to dethrone her.

It also doesn't help her that "Aggra" sounds like a grunt while having a trying time on the toilet.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-07-30 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    All time worst title is still held by Sindragosa, but boy does Aggra fight hard to dethrone her.

"Suffer, mortals, as your pathetic magic betraaaaaaaaaays yoooooouuu!"

That shrieking will forever live on in my memory.

That... and the original voice actor for Theralion for the Bastion of Twilight fight:

Guess we soon see if these wedding things pay off.

The result of Thralls wedding should enter the storyline soon since his son is now close to Orcish adulthood.
    Lets see of blizzard is also actually following up afterward and not just create events for the twitter crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Not true. It's been known for a while. Thalyssra didn't beat around the bush in regards to wanting to get in Lor'Themar's pants real bad. LOL.

The thing that needs to be addressed? Silvermoon's leadership system. Lor'Themar is basically the king of Silvermoon all but in name but he doesn't want the title beause of Kael'Thas' betrayal, his respect for Anesterian and just not wanting the title. His problem is there's no one else readily available and everyone wants him to lead their people (though Liadrin commands the Blood Knights obviously).

Lor'Themar is basically consort of Suramar via his marriage to Thalyssra. She's still First Arcanist though my guess is her becoming Grand Magistrix will likely be noted at some point, hopefully in-game. It is a fact she's the leader of the Nightborne post-Legion though.

On the contrary, Gilneas is being set up to FINALLY get some much-needed attenton sooner than later. Calia Menethil proposed to the Desolate Council they give Gilneas back to its people (it's easy to forget the Forsaken have OCCUPIED Gilneas since Cataclysm). Genn absolutely needs to be around for that not just because his son is buried there but there's no clear line of succession as far as I know. Princess Mia's one of the Uncrowned obviously and Tess would probably die from the shock of her husband's death. Who does that leave? Ivar? Lorna? They'll have to build up someone to replace Genn to make it believable at this point. They haven't which tells me Genn's gonna be around for a while longer.

I think this was addressed in some of the Novels and the Worgen Heritage Quest chain but the Worgen curse basically stopped Genn from aging and in some regards turned back the clock for him. He's over 80 but physically he probably feels at least half that. He has no problem keeping up with people much younger than him in his Worgen form obviously let alone Nathanos Blightcaller above Stormhiem.
    a small correction liadrin works for rommath. the blood knight and the blood mage are under the command of the grand magister we know this from the novel blood of highborne

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

The people miss Anduin? Presumably the masochists who want to be killed by the Horde while he throws them under the bus.
    The line surprised me. If I'm not mistaken, there was a quest in Legion where Anduin dressed like a commoner to learn what the masses think of him, and in general the people missed Varian dearly and were uncertain of Anduin. Legion gave us a clear picture: Anduin has yet to earn the trust of his people, who grieve, mourn, and miss Varian.

What has Anduin done since Legion to prove himself a worthy leader? He played no part in the war against the Legion, which was won by heroes such as Alleria, Turalyon, Velen, and Illidan. His attack on Lordaeron would have ended in crushing defeat had Jaina not appeared with the flying ship nuke. He freed Saurfang, one of the main culprits for the War of Thorns.

I genuinely don't understand how the people of Stormwind can miss Anduin, he was a weakling. Turalyon is a much better fit for the throne of Stormwind and, indeed, the nobles and army support him.

In the end, a monarch needs the nobles and armies much more than the rabble. Wars are won by armies, not by peasants. And the King of Stormwind always needed the support of the House of Nobles, which is why Onyxia moved quickly to manipulate the House of Nobles and turn them against Varian.

So I'm sure Turalyon will do just fine as the de-facto King of Stormwind, I'm just surprised that the people apparently miss Anduin...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-30 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The line surprised me. If I'm not mistaken, there was a quest in Legion where Anduin dressed like a commoner to learn what the masses think of him, and in general the people missed Varian dearly and were uncertain of Anduin. Legion gave us a clear picture: Anduin has yet to earn the trust of his people, who grieve, mourn, and miss Varian.

What has Anduin done since Legion to prove himself a worthy leader? He played no part in the war against the Legion, which was won by heroes such as Alleria, Turalyon, Velen, and Illidan. His attack on Lordaeron would have ended in crushing defeat had Jaina not appeared with the flying ship nuke. He freed Saurfang, one of the main culprits for the War of Thorns.

I genuinely don't understand how the people of Stormwind can miss Anduin, he was a weakling. Turalyon is a much better fit for the throne of Stormwind and, indeed, the nobles and army support him.

In the end, a monarch needs the nobles and armies much more than the rabble. Wars are won by armies, not by peasants. And the King of Stormwind always needed the support of the House of Nobles, which is why Onyxia moved quickly to manipulate the House of Nobles and turn them against Varian.

So I'm sure Turalyon will do just fine as the de-facto King of Stormwind, I'm just surprised that the people apparently miss Anduin...
    Insulting and betraying the Kaldorei?
    Last edited by geco; 2022-07-30 at 11:19 PM.

Considering how pro-horde he is people should hate his guts. But unfortunately everyone in the Warcraft universe has the memory of a goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Considering how pro-horde he is people should hate his guts. But unfortunately everyone in the Warcraft universe has the memory of a goldfish.
    Indeed. Saurfang was one of the main culprits who orchestrated the War of Thorns, and he was the commander in charge of the troops at Ashenvale. If Tyrande discovered that Anduin set him free, the Night elves might just straight up leave the Alliance. It's one thing that Anduin denied them help when they wanted to reclaim Darkshore, but freeing Saurfang would technically count as treason.

Obviously nothing of the sort will happen, since Golden loves and protects Anduin from anything bad, but it's still something to think about. It's not public knowledge that Anduin freed Saurfang, but if the public discovered this, the people would turn against Anduin immediately.

Saurfang was also responsible for butchering human civilians like "pigs" during the First War, so the people of Stormwind would hate Anduin if they learned that he let Saurfang escape.

Indeed. Saurfang was one of the main culprits who orchestrated the War of Thorns, and he was the commander in charge of the troops at Ashenvale. If Tyrande discovered that Anduin set him free, the Night elves might just straight up leave the Alliance. It's one thing that Anduin denied them help when they wanted to reclaim Darkshore, but freeing Saurfang would technically count as treason.

Obviously nothing of the sort will happen, since Golden loves and protects Anduin from anything bad, but it's still something to think about. It's not public knowledge that Anduin freed Saurfang, but if the public discovered this, the people would turn against Anduin immediately.

Saurfang was also responsible for butchering human civilians like "pigs" during the First War, so the people of Stormwind would hate Anduin if they learned that he let Saurfang escape.
    Remember that according to "Exploring Kalimndor" the Orcs are cutting down the Kaldorei forests and the Alliance is okay with it.

So Anduin basically signed some kind of treaty that the Horde is allowed to continue attacking the Kaldorei and the Alliance is not going to help them.

If this were Logical the Kaldorei should no longer be part of the Alliance. It would be great if this expansion shows us that the Kaldorei and the Alliance don't cooperate.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-07-31 at 12:01 AM. Reason: wrong book

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Remember that according to "Exploring Kalimndor" the Orcs are cutting down the Kaldorei forests and the Alliance is okay with it.

So Anduin basically signed some kind of treaty that the Horde is allowed to continue attacking the Kaldorei and the Alliance is not going to help them.

If this were Logical the Kaldorei should no longer be part of the Alliance. It would be great if this expansion shows us that the Kaldorei and the Alliance don't cooperate.
    Sad isn't it. Does Blizzard think that Nelves don't have fans or something? Or that people hate them?

Where do you think armies come from? of common people.
    No ruler can rule if the people are against him, which the English and their king learned in the American Revolution or french revolution

Sad isn't it. Does Blizzard think that Nelves don't have fans or something? Or that people hate them?
    Based on the things "Zapy-Boy" thinks in the novel.
    It's like Blizzard thinks that people have to let themselves be hit and if they defend themselves they are violent.

If we add their demand for Machismo and that the Kaldorei are Amazons... Well, you can imagine.

They specified that time behaves very differently in Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Where do you think armies come from? of common people.
    No ruler can rule if the people are against him, which the English and their king learned in the American Revolution or french revolution
    "No ruler can rule if the people are against him"

This is wrong on so many levels and there are many examples that disprove it.

Tywin and Cersei Lannister had no problem ruling the kingdoms and slaughtering their enemies, despite the fact that millions of commoners and peasants wanted them dead. They never lost their positions of power because the people dethroned them, but because of single individuals (Tyrion and Daenerys). Just to cite one of the most popular examples from fiction.

Turalyon absolutely does not need the support of the people to keep his throne. He only needs the support of the House of Nobles and the armies, which he has.

If the random average joe peasant or commoner has a problem with Turalyon, he or she can rise up in rebellion and get slaughtered by the trained and professional soldiers of Stormwind. Besides, the average citizen of Stormwind should love Turalyon. He has already proven himself a capable general and politician, as he led the Alliance to victory in the Second War and oversaw the reconstruction of Stormwind as Regent. Turalyon even points out that he was Regent for a young Varian Wrynn, you know, the late king that Stormwind loved so much.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-31 at 10:10 AM.

Based on the things "Zapy-Boy" thinks in the novel.
    It's like Blizzard thinks that people have to let themselves be hit and if they defend themselves they are violent.

If we add their demand for Machismo and that the Kaldorei are Amazons... Well, you can imagine.
    Well at least we know that the Sentinels are indeed attacking the orcs in Ashenvale so that's a good thing.

"No ruler can rule if the people are against him"

This is wrong on so many levels and there are many examples that disprove it.

Tywin and Cersei Lannister had no problem ruling the kingdoms and slaughtering their enemies, despite the fact that millions of commoners and peasants wanted them dead. They never lost their positions of power because the people dethroned them, but because of single individuals (Tyrion and Daenerys). Just to cite one of the most popular examples from fiction.

Turalyon absolutely does not need the support of the people to keep his throne. He only needs the support of the House of Nobles and the armies, which he has.

If the random average joe peasant or commoner has a problem with Turalyon, he or she can rise up in rebellion and get slaughtered by the trained and professional soldiers of Stormwind. Besides, the average citizen of Stormwind should love Turalyon. He has already proven himself a capable general and politician, as he led the Alliance to victory in the Second War and oversaw the reconstruction of Stormwind as Regent. Turalyon even points out that he was Regent for a young Varian Wrynn, you know, the late king that Stormwind loved so much.
    if that were true we would still live in the system of the ancien regime but instead the popular revolutions ended with the absolute monarchy and the feudal nobility

Well at least we know that the Sentinels are indeed attacking the orcs in Ashenvale so that's a good thing.
    The Horde and the Alliance are at peace. But the Horde and the Sentinels are still fighting.

I think the most official thing we're going to get is that the Alliance betrayed the Kaldorei and that they are no longer part of the Alliance.

The Horde and the Alliance are at peace. But the Horde and the Sentinels are still fighting.

I think the most official thing we're going to get is that the Alliance betrayed the Kaldorei and that they are no longer part of the Alliance.
    I doubt it. They just made cross-faction grouping a thing. I really doubt they want to divide the two factions even more as it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    The people probably miss Anduin because the one thing he was good at was being a source of pride for their kingdom(like a cute mascot) and tending to their emotional needs.

And Turalyon is not of their royal lineage. Anduin is the last of the ravaged royal line. Of course they want their royal mascot back. Anduin was always generally liked by the people in lore. It was Varian who had issues of being liked versus just respected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if that were true we would still live in the system of the ancien regime but instead the popular revolutions ended with the absolute monarchy and the feudal nobility
    If it were true, they wouldn't have had the entire issue with the Defias twice. Or strained relations with the Scarlet.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."