Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Im very happy for them

Wonder if Talanji and Rokhan also started something
    Or Baine and Mayla
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    - there goes time leap /s
    "Time shifts again!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    You'd think the PC that saved her life, nursed her and her friends back to health, and then broke their addiction to the Nightwell by helping cultivate the arcan'dor tree would get a gilded invitation to the nuptials.
    It'll probably be in the Book that nobody ever reads
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Time is convoluted.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

You'd think the PC that saved her life, nursed her and her friends back to health, and then broke their addiction to the Nightwell by helping cultivate the arcan'dor tree would get a gilded invitation to the nuptials.
    The small talk might get pretty awkward if said PC is an Alliance one that she and her new husband fought a war against afterwards however. The wedding might happen in a book instead.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I have to agree with that. I mean we all saw a time skip happening but putting important events like this in the skip seems cheap. Id look more forward to there wedding then the Thrall one in Hyjal

10+ Year Old Account
    For reals, I can see them doing a collection of small stories that cover events that happen between the end of SL and the start of BF

Again, in a book we'll never read.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Of course there is! Time in Shadowlands flies faster and mortals didn’t even get older. I hope we will live up to the day where Azeroth will wake up and emerge from the planet shell.
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I would point out that it specifically says "returned from the realms of Death" not "entered the realms of Death"

I don't think this is a massive time skip, just a couple of years. A lot of people were thinking the Shadowlands time skip was going to be long enough for the world to change significantly (politically and otherwise) - but this is more of a standard time skip between expansions. I don't know if the time gradient between Azeroth and the Shadowlands is even a factor here.
    This is definitely not a standard time skip. Ever since the Cata time retcon normal expansions usually take 1 year (2 is the maximum) in the lore. You can see this pretty clearly in the ultimate visual guide timeline. Now, we don't know how long the actual plot of Shadowlands lasted but given that several (implying 3 or more) years have passed since the end of Shadowlands means that the skip alone is already longer than most expansions.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is definitely not a standard time skip. Ever since the Cata time retcon normal expansions usually take 1 year (2 is the maximum) in the lore. You can see this pretty clearly in the ultimate visual guide timeline. Now, we don't know how long the actual plot of Shadowlands lasted but given that several (implying 3 or more) years have passed since the end of Shadowlands means that the skip alone is already longer than most expansions.
    This might be slightly longer, sure; but still not enough time for major changes to hit the world of the kind people were speculating about (e.g. continents shifting, new kingdoms forming, complete faction dissolution/shifts, etc.)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    The next time we see Anduin, he'll probably have a beard or longer hair. The reports of him being seen "here or there" are definitely true. Baine, Thrall and Jaina probably know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The small talk might get pretty awkward if said PC is an Alliance one that she and her new husband fought a war against afterwards however. The wedding might happen in a book instead.
    Why would it be awkward? The Nightborne Unlock quest is Horde exclusive FYI. I happened to do the entire Insurrection Achievement for the first time on a Horde char and when I did the unlock quest on a different Horde char, Thalyssra acknowledges it as if it was the character she spent time with in Suramar. Same when I did the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elf Unlock quests last month. I did the achievements with one char but did the Unlock quests with different chars. They don't seem to "remember" exactly. LOL.

That aside. I do find it very strange no pre-Dragonflight book has been announced or even hinted at by now. Maybe they'll come soon afrer the expansion is released but the time skip kinda demands we get books. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Be thankful they're not trying to kill you and your entire race.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be slightly longer, sure; but still not enough time for major changes to hit the world of the kind people were speculating about (e.g. continents shifting, new kingdoms forming, complete faction dissolution/shifts, etc.)
    Why not? Pandaria was revealed after the Cataclysm and Zandalar got wrecked by it too. Also, isn't Stromegarde basically "revived" now?

I'm waiting to see the updated world map with the Dragon Isles on that note.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

It's been very clearly stated in both A?H texts that the time skip happened when we returned not while we were there.
    The "time moves differently" aspect of the Shadowlands isn't responsible for this. They're just saying nothing happened for awhile after we got home/SLs ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Why not? Pandaria was revealed after the Cataclysm and Zandalar got wrecked by it too. Also, isn't Stromegarde basically "revived" now?

I'm waiting to see the updated world map with the Dragon Isles on that note.
    Getting wrecked by a geological disaster and the entire world restructuring itself over eons aren't quite in the same ballpark of events. Stromgarde has been revived since BfA, as well.

If the placement of the Dragon Isles is consistent with older maps, the Isles should be located west of Quel'Thalas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I would point out that it specifically says "returned from the realms of Death" not "entered the realms of Death"
    Sarcastic? No. I am just so happy to see her wedding. Shadowlands is technically a black hole, I am pretty sure time flies there differently. I don’t know what do you mean with this entered and returned thingy but I think we just did both. Chronologically you need to enter in order to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Sarcastic? No. I am just so happy to see her wedding. Shadowlands is technically a black hole, I am pretty sure time flies there differently. I don’t know what do you mean with this entered and returned thingy but I think we just did both. Chronologically you need to enter in order to return.
    No they are saying that it's been a few years AFTER we returned from the Shadowlands. The time skip didn't happen during it, it happened after the Jailer was killed and we returned to Azeroth.

right? plus im sure PC did some stuff for Lorthemar too...
    kinda rude not to invite or at least let PC know

Only if you're a horde toon. 'cause my Alliance toons got given the middle finger by the "Nightborne want to enter the world in peace not as conquerors, but we'll join the side that commits genocide against the same elves that our people slaughtered in Moon Guard." bullshit that Thalyssra was selling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Only if you're a horde toon. 'cause my Alliance toons got given the middle finger by the "Nightborne want to enter the world in peace not as conquerors, but we'll join the side that commits genocide against the same elves that our people slaughtered in Moon Guard." bullshit that Thalyssra was selling.
    The Alliance and Horde are currently at peace, so if there was going to be some kind of diplomatic outreach, you'd think this event would qualify.