Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I think sin'dorei could invite shal'dorei botanists and create some nice Arcane gardens, similar to what we've seen in Nighthold. Even in real world, some plants are used to help with restoration after some leaks and catastrophes. Studying arcane-based flora to remove Scourge taint in Ghostlands could be interesting... And it could eventually lead into blood elf and Nightborne druids.
    I wouldn't say no to that idea.
    Blending nature and arcane together in this sort of way is different from the night elves - it's almost a more haughty and arrogant way of controlling nature.

Best causes, but looked down upon by the night elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Fel magic is much like radiation having it within the city would be quite stupid, it would contaminate everything again. Built a floating school outside of the nations borders.

Even with the sunwell lost magic addiction has been solved, there is now a permanent cure. That story arch has been dealt with twice now
    true, but we've seen plenty of Blood Elves become Warlocks and they do have their own Sanctum Guild.

Granted, some of their influence may have dropped within Silvermoon due to the Warlock-ran Tailoring shop being closed by the authorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synvanas View Post
    Yes but if the Blood Elves can afford having Magister's Terrace purely as a museum for their magical artifacts, it means they feel their situation on Isle of Quel'Danas is safe and the Sunwell is well protected against all external threats so that they don't even have a need for a big number of Magisters to be there in their base of operations to control the zone against dangers, so that can still be good news for the Blood Elves after all
    As great as it is for the race, I think it makes everything a little boring.

Even as a big Blood Elf fan, I do not believe that the Blood Elves should be living in constant paradise and I do think a shake-up needs to happen, in some way. In this, "perfect" is so boring.

I do support the loss of the Sunwell, on a permanent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    As great as it is for the race, I think it makes everything a little boring.

Even as a big Blood Elf fan, I do not believe that the Blood Elves should be living in constant paradise and I do think a shake-up needs to happen, in some way. In this, "perfect" is so boring.
    I wouldn't particularly say that, just that they should have to defend their paradise against others who want their shit, to elevate themselves. In essence be willing to drown others in mud in order to maintain their little corner.

I do support the loss of the Sunwell, on a permanent basis.
    It wouldn't do shit, just look at suramar, nightwell is gone and just as much a paradise as quel'thalas, just less magic at their disposal.

At the end of day this marriage should start a reunification, Quel'thalas and suramar merging into a single kingdom over time
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-09 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synvanas View Post
    Yes but if the Blood Elves can afford having Magister's Terrace purely as a museum for their magical artifacts, it means they feel their situation on Isle of Quel'Danas is safe and the Sunwell is well protected against all external threats so that they don't even have a need for a big number of Magisters to be there in their base of operations to control the zone against dangers, so that can still be good news for the Blood Elves after all

The area above Stratholme (Old Quel'thalas) could also be a nice and ideal zone for studying fel magics without too much danger, but then again Blood Elf Warlocks and Demon Hunters would feel like they are unfairly given the same ugly Void Elf "treatment" (being exiled from their homeland because they are dangerous to their kin) if their new base of operations is actually moved outside the kingdom, and that would be a bad feeling for Blood Elf players who consider themselves loyal to Silvermoon unlike the Void Elves, so I would still prefer to have the Warlocks-Demon Hunters zone inside the borders of Quel'thalas I think...it's true fel magic is dangerous and can corrupt Sin'dorei people and buildings all over again, but it would still not be as bad as what the Void can do with the Sunwell after all....
    Still, it would be nice if the magisters continued to control the place for their magical studies.

about a place for warlocks, the reality is that warlocks were never really important and never did anything significant for quelthalas they just stay in their basement

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Still, it would be nice if the magisters continued to control the place for their magical studies.

about a place for warlocks, the reality is that warlocks were never really important and never did anything significant for quelthalas they just stay in their basement
    The Sanctum Guild might not have been a big thing - not as big as the Warlocks within the Cleft of Shadow, but they are still a guild.

I do grant, that since the Warlock-owned Tailoring Shop closed, it's possible that the Sanctum Guild is not as big as it once was.
    But as of Legion, we do know that they are still operation as Shinfel wanted an artifact from the Sanctum, that they weren't willing to hand over - until Blood Elf Warlocks were spotted in Dalaran and the Black Harvest took Shinfel's artifact by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In the end, a monarch needs the nobles and armies much more than the rabble. Wars are won by armies, not by peasants.
    Heh. A misconception held by many rulers right up until the peasants got seriously pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Heh. A misconception held by many rulers right up until the peasants got seriously pissed off.
    I am sure that, in the event of a peasant revolt, Turalyon wouldn't be able to hear the peasants due to the noise that his huge death nuke spaceship makes.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-10 at 12:16 AM.

The Sanctum Guild might not have been a big thing - not as big as the Warlocks within the Cleft of Shadow, but they are still a guild.

I do grant, that since the Warlock-owned Tailoring Shop closed, it's possible that the Sanctum Guild is not as big as it once was.
    But as of Legion, we do know that they are still operation as Shinfel wanted an artifact from the Sanctum, that they weren't willing to hand over - until Blood Elf Warlocks were spotted in Dalaran and the Black Harvest took Shinfel's artifact by force.
    warlocks could take deatholme

I am sure that, in the event of a peasant revolt, Turalyon wouldn't be able to hear the peasants due to the noise that his huge death nuke spaceship makes.
    Yeah and that would go over super well with the rest of the Alliance..

warlocks could take deatholme
    They could - or they could remain in their Guild's Headquarters, beneath Murder Row

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Yeah and that would go over super well with the rest of the Alliance..
    Canonically we have multiple mentions of Stormwind being the most powerful force in the Alliance. It is the Alliance that needs Stormwind, not the other way around. If some other member states have issues with Turalyon's leadership, they are free to leave the Alliance. They are not needed (except for the Void elves of course, they are a key race of the Alliance; but Alleria would not have issues with Turalyon unless he started discriminating her for being Void-infused).

So, I repeat, if filthy medieval peasants with pitchforks have a problem with Turalyon, they shall kindly be introduced to the Vindicaar.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-10 at 09:51 AM.

They could - or they could remain in their Guild's Headquarters, beneath Murder Row
    which is most likely. What I have wanted for years is that they give us druids, I want to play as a botanist

Only if he’s very very sure where his next meal is coming from.

Only if he’s very very sure where his next meal is coming from.
    It's a universe where any common mage can literally conjure a banquet out of thin air.

Now, for the peasants of Westfall, who probably cannot afford the services of a mage, that might be a problem. Which is why, since Cataclysm, they have been rising up against the monarchy like a throng of vagrants. But the Regent of Stormwind and Lord Commander of All Alliance Forces could probably afford to hire a mage to conjure meals for him.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-12 at 09:39 AM.

which is most likely. What I have wanted for years is that they give us druids, I want to play as a botanist
    So long as they are different from night elf druids, then I'm all for it.

Different as in - weaving arcane magics to control nature to do their bidding. Almost like the Highborne enchantment over Quel'Thalas.

It's a universe where any common mage can literally conjure a banquet out of thin air.

Now, for the peasants of Westfall, who probably cannot afford the services of a mage, that might be a problem. Which is why, since Cataclysm, they have been rising up against the monarchy like a throng of vagrants. But the Regent of Stormwind and Lord Commander of All Alliance Forces could probably afford to hire a mage to conjure meals for him.
    That’s an interesting question, actually. How long could common mages feed Stormwind and All Alliance Forces? How long would Stormwind and All Alliance Forces put up with not being fed because Mister Regent + Lord Commander nuked all the peasants?

There is a long, long history of people thinking they don’t need the peasantry. They’ve literally always been wrong. I’ll give you a hint why: if you didn’t need peasants, you wouldn’t have peasants.

That’s an interesting question, actually. How long could common mages feed Stormwind and All Alliance Forces? How long would Stormwind and All Alliance Forces put up with not being fed because Mister Regent + Lord Commander nuked all the peasants?

There is a long, long history of people thinking they don’t need the peasantry. They’ve literally always been wrong. I’ll give you a hint why: if you didn’t need peasants, you wouldn’t have peasants.
    In the history of Earth? I don't care. In the history of Azeroth? Show me when a ruler ever had to be concerned about the peasantry.

In the history of Earth? I don't care. In the history of Azeroth? Show me when a ruler ever had to be concerned about the peasantry.
    Shrug, anytime a Blizzard writer wasn’t retarded. That’s an intensely silly question.

Shrug, anytime a Blizzard writer wasn’t retarded. That’s an intensely silly question.
    Okay so can you show me an example?

Earlier I mentioned the goblin example, but it was just me meme'ing (since goblin as a whole are a meme). Now I recall that one quest from WC2 where the peasants of Tyr's Hand, agitated by Horde-backed Alteraci agents btw, rose up against the Alliance government. Only to be put down instantly in one mission.

Feel free to add any other example from the golden age when Blizzard wasn't retarded.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-13 at 08:08 PM.

Okay so can you show me an example?

Earlier I mentioned the goblin example, but it was just me meme'ing (since goblin as a whole are a meme). Now I recall that one quest from WC2 where the peasants of Tyr's Hand, agitated by Horde-backed Alteraci agents btw, rose up against the Alliance government. Only to be put down instantly in one mission.

Feel free to add any other example from the golden age when Blizzard wasn't retarded.
    I think you’re missing my point maybe. People have to eat; if there’s nowhere in WoW lore where the reason that peasants are significant is touched upon (I’m pretty sure there is with something something Defias and Westfall and so on) that’s because the people behind the lore are dense. We can infer that people in Azeroth need to breathe without Blizzard telling us, equally their food and materiel need to come from somewhere. Ironically, Blizzard failing to touch upon the economic foundation of their various polities is just another example of the ancient fallacy of kings: the belief that peasants don’t much matter.
    Last edited by Snufflupagus; 2022-08-14 at 12:03 AM.

The two biggest are the Black Death and the colonization of America. Both at the beginning with slave labor and after independence with Immigrants.
    On a smaller scale after every major war.

It usually matters to have peasants after something kills them in large numbers or well if they weren't there yet.

WoW lore being what it is and horrible alliance tactics there should now be a shortage of Peasants.
    (The Horde doesn't even know if it has peasants XD)