Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This is where people are working instead of fixing this garbage race, nice.
    ... Please tell me you don't actually believe that those who draw 2D emojis are the same people who design 3D models? That's like complaining that Blizzard should "focus on fixing the game instead of wasting time and resources with awful April Fools jokes" back in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Still...all dragons are sexless in their dragon forms, the one example anyone can show is a female dragon that was a ancient model from vanilla that I haven't seen in a long time
    Just out of curiosity. What do you think the word "sexless" means?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    a notable exception, yes. largely disappeared after BfA (which is the reason i didn't mention BfA). what about SL/DF?
    show me cute stuff from vanilla. show me badass stuff from SL/DF.
    Shadowlands has shockingly little official art and seemingly only one action scene(I missed this earlier) of all of it which isn't even linked to the expan theme. rather they have so little art because it was cut short or rather they just didn't care for the theme and put the work else where (classic) I can not say but this is about the best we got if you ask me and the only action piece.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkdOIG-UYAMBx-h.jpg:large

as for cute things from classic, off the top of my head.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=46257/baby-murloc
    https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16548/mr-wiggles
    https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16547/speedy
    https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=15710/tiny-snowman
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Riding_Turtle
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hippogryph_Hatchling

Then there's any number of miscellaneous critters animals children ect.

one dude still remains, impressive. although these also depict classic/BC/BfA.

wonder why you didn't link the Bolvar key art. dude looks pretty cool, no? and then everyone remembers how worthless and weak he was these last two years. there's force and awe in the Grom piece - and only embarassment in the Bolvar one.
    does it really matter if it depicts classic-bfa? it's not like the artist would completely change there style if say that illidan pictures was tyranda vs Sylvanas instead. they are still making action shots like they have in the past even doing it this year (illidan) they just haven't been doing it for shadowlands and we don't know what BF will have for key art as we only have one piece and a loading screen so far.

and I didn't link the bolvar art because it's just another generic standing there piece and such art shouldn't be compared with dynamic scenes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Just out of curiosity. What do you think the word "sexless" means?
    I believe they meant 'androgynous' which is definitely a design direction Blizzard took the Dracthyr in. Though it's also something that's rooted in WoW since TBC gave Kalecgos his unique model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    How about nobody ever calls you ever because there isn't a single living human being who gives a shit if Dracthyr aren't swol enough for you?
    Now do you speak for everyone now? you want to stop people from calling me? my my,

I know its hard to read for some people, but do notice how i didn't talk about they being swol, i talk about their visage form lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Please tell me you don't actually believe that those who draw 2D emojis are the same people who design 3D models? That's like complaining that Blizzard should "focus on fixing the game instead of wasting time and resources with awful April Fools jokes" back in April.
    I dunno man, i don't think people are doing this for free, i do think there is resources going to this, and people saying "do this".

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough. Alot of them actually are, but made in free time.

https://twitter.com/PushinVerts/stat...p86YuFJ021NiiQ

But i find the emojis just somthing fun and wouldn't mind using them in twitch chats or where ever.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the next wow movie is gonna be an emoji-movie?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Shadowlands has shockingly little official art and seemingly only one action scene(I missed this earlier) of all of it which isn't even linked to the expan theme. rather they have so little art because it was cut short or rather they just didn't care for the theme and put the work else where (classic) I can not say but this is about the best we got if you ask me and the only action piece.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkdOIG-UYAMBx-h.jpg:large
    fascinating. 1 (one) art for a low-level dungeon. o tempora, o mores

as for cute things from classic, off the top of my head.
    cubs, calfs and whatever baby turtles are called are cute and do exist irl. they're not overly cute, like the recent cash shop mount. racoons and children also existed in wc3, and had their place, while not taking oxygen away from stuff expected to be present in a game called Warcraft. now our new class is scalybait, our new gnolls - furbait.

does it really matter if it depicts classic-bfa?
    yep, shows the direction the game is moving in. classic can have its pets - which look normal - and nothing beyond that. the aforementioned spoonful of sugar, which evolved into an entire jar.

you're not planning on answering my question? the answer is very simple. there's two of them.

I dunno man, i don't think people are doing this for free, i do think there is resources going to this, and people saying "do this".
    I never said anything about it being "for free". But the resources (which includes time) that go into this are negligible when compared to the resources it takes to create an entire 3D model of an entity, including its textures and optional customization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Funny enough. Alot of them actually are, but made in free time.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...920_Chrome.jpg

https://twitter.com/PushinVerts/stat...p86YuFJ021NiiQ

But i find the emojis just somthing fun and wouldn't mind using them in twitch chats or where ever.
    Fair enough, but, still, the resources that are necessary to make a handful of 2D emojis are nothing in comparison to fully designing a 3D model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3tz0 View Post
    Made off the clock and on breaks you say?
    Nice one buddy, are you a comedian when you aren't a moderator?
    Are you serious? Do you think like, some hours of work went into this lol

My fiancee could probably make one of them in like, 15ish minutes tops with Photoshop. So yeah, these were probably made during breaks or off the clock.

What a weird thing to get riled up about

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said anything about it being "for free". But the resources (which includes time) that go into this are negligible when compared to the resources it takes to create an entire 3D model of an entity, including its textures and optional customization.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but, still, the resources that are necessary to make a handful of 2D emojis are nothing in comparison to fully designing a 3D model.
    Oh of course, know full well a doodle meme made on a lunch break compared to hundreds of hours 3d model work does not compare lol. Just wanted to point it out they actually did.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Looks like someone is going to town on bobby kotick...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you serious? Do you think like, some hours of work went into this lol

My fiancee could probably make one of them in like, 15ish minutes tops with Photoshop. So yeah, these were probably made during breaks or off the clock.

What a weird thing to get riled up about
    Don't make up imaginary people to prove your point.

Don't make up imaginary people to prove your point.
    Uh huh, so you're just here to be mad, got it.

Believe me or not, I don't care lol, not like it changes the facts anyway, and you're flat out wrong if you genuinely think this took more than 15 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Humm, i don't think its negligible, otherwise they would do more, and im not rly talking creating3d model

Still, this is something the upanks told then to do, shows where they focus lie now.

Humm, i don't think its negligible, otherwise they would do more, and im not rly talking creating3d model

Still, this is something the upanks told then to do, shows where they focus lie now.
    Did you not read the article? This wasn't something they were asked to do. They had some technical difficulties in a meeting, the artist who couldn't join made an adorable drakthyr emote showing her pain, then other artists in the company started making their own drakthyr emotes and then Blizzard decided to release it because they thought the community would enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, some people are pathetic.

It's just a bunch of fun little emojis for discord and such, it won't cost you a raid tier and Disney is not taking over. Calm the fuck down, will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh huh, so you're just here to be mad, got it.

Believe me or not, I don't care lol, not like it changes the facts anyway, and you're flat out wrong if you genuinely think this took more than 15 minutes.
    I havent expressed anger or outrage at all, yet you keep saying that.
    I merely stated that your opinion is wrong.
    Does that offend you so much?

It is I, your favorite corporation, appropriating internet memes to appear relatable and make our new, polarizing race seem a little more palatable.

Humm, i don't think its negligible, otherwise they would do more,
    I didn't say it's negligible. I said it's negligible in comparison to what it takes to create a 3D model.

and im not rly talking creating3d model
    You're talking about "fixing the dracthyr", which means creating/editing/designing 3D models.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    How did these emojis come to pass?
    Thursday mornings are important for the feature team because it’s when we host one of our weekly feature syncs. We get together as a group to share our latest updates on the development of the dracthyr Evoker. At one of these meetings over a year ago, more specifically on May 27, 2021, one of our character artists was experiencing technical issues and missed the meeting. As the saying goes though, every cloud has a silver lining, and this event served as the inspiration for the creation of her sad cartoon dracthyr which you can see in the picture below.

The picture was shared in our feature team Slack channel, which is where a lot of our discussions are centralized with so many of the team working from home as we develop Dragonflight. Slack’s messaging system comes with a number of features such as persistent chat rooms and, you guessed it, support for custom emojis, so you can probably see where this is all headed. All it took was another member of the team saying, “I’m gonna need that dragon as a reaction” to set our creative wheels in motion.

As a result, our first emoji was born, fittingly named “saddragon” to lovingly commemorate our character artist’s temporary despair with technology. From that point onward, a plethora of dracthyr emojis have been created by various members of the team. Be it through ideation, inspiration, artistic skill, or just general “memery” practically every member of the feature team (and in some cases beyond) has contributed to the creation of the entire suite of emojis we have today and make frequent use of across Slack in our daily interactions to express ourselves. These weren't originally intended for public release, but we thought it would be fun to share with the community and showcase the variety of art styles present in the emojis— which exhibit a little of each artist’s personality.
    Just please read the article. This was something the artists decided to do, by themselves. There were no "orders from up high".

- - - Updated - - -

I havent expressed anger or outrage at all, yet you keep saying that.
    I merely stated that your opinion is wrong.
    Does that offend you so much?
    He is not wrong, though. It takes minimal effort to make those emojis, especially the static ones. The animated ones take a little more work, but it's still negligible in the grand scheme of things. You don't even need to be a professional, talented artist to make emojis such as that, just having a decent-ish level of skill with photoshop.

I mean, do you honestly thing drawing something like these:

Somehow takes some sort of ungodly amount of time that it can't be done in a few minutes during coffee break?