Druid: Balance. Suggestions. + overall (Dragonflight)

Hi folks!

First post ever on this platform even though i've been playing forever. Been keeping up though.

So.. i was watching the new dragonflight talents (druid caught my eye), and i've a few suggestions.. just some thoughts:

Small stuff like: Umbral Intensity and Stellar Inspiration (balance tree) switching places.. (seems far more obvious that way).

Also.. on the overall druid skill tree, i feel like Treants belong. Not just for Balance druids..

Could be something like...

Specialization bonus:

Balance treants, ranged wrath casting treants with insta root (like.. was it MoP? 1 charge, possible to take a second charge in the skill tree)
    Resto treants, alternating between regrowth and wild growth at 40% effectiveness, with a 8% chance to dispell the target healed. 1 charge. (cd lowered by 4 sec every time you dispell- talent).
    Feral treants, applying a stackable bleed that also slows the enemy for 5% movement speed each hit, stacking up to 10 times. (Rip talent that lowers the cooldown by 0.4 sec pr. rip tick)
    Guardian treants, bulky version with tougher armor and hp pool, decent melee dmg that taunts all enemies within 8 yards, every 8 sec, for the remaining duration. (taunt lowers the cd by 4 sec-talent)

Thought that would give incentive to taunting more, dispelling more.. where as balance, would have two charges, and feral would keep their bleeds up.

I also feel like the balance talent that alternates between the different eclipse is kinda cool.. and feel like there should've been a talent to buff starfire dmg by 150% instead of the aoe component, for raid and pvp scenarios. Right now, it hits like a wet noodle. Or perhaps even for Wrath.. depending your playstyle.

Just some thoughts while waiting for Dragonflight! I don't expect anyone to see this.. i just wanted to share it with you guys anyway.

Cheers,

Haywire.
    Last edited by Hayqt; 2022-07-31 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Wanted to let people know in the title, it was about Dragonflight talents :-)

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayqt View Post
    Do you guys have any suggestions?
    Just one.

Always post stuff like this on the official forums. Nothing will happen if you just post here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Starfall stack.
    Hi

Balance in DragonFlight is abysmal at 70. Squishy as a mage and hits like a wet noodle. Badly needs some buffs

I'm just really happy they fixed Circle of Life and Death. Refreshing DoTs in the middle of Eclipse feels so bad. Now we just need Starsurge to hit as hard as max-Empower Fire Breath haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird View Post
    I'm just really happy they fixed Circle of Life and Death. Refreshing DoTs in the middle of Eclipse feels so bad. Now we just need Starsurge to hit as hard as max-Empower Fire Breath haha
    Not just that, you blink and your Sunfire is gone. Again. Super annoying. You barely ever have time to do anything other than refresh dots.

This is going to be much better. Now if they could make it so you don't need LoS to cast Orbital Strike (it can still stop at the obstruction, just don't make me look for a valid target for 5 seconds), that would be great.

I have a hunter and boomy at ilvl 380. The hunter easily does 50% more damage than my balance druid. Our attacks simply dont do enough. A hunters Aimed Shot does so much more damage than Starsurge. And Arcane Shot does much more than Wrath.

This is exactly why I left my beloved boomkin. it is just rip; I don't want to login even.

Stellar flare needs to be removed or redesigned.

Why give it a 45sec-1min cool down, but it applies AoE moonfire and sunfire.

Having to cast it 1 by 1 with a 1.5 sec cast is not fun or intuitive game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Stellar flare needs to be removed or redesigned.

Why give it a 45sec-1min cool down, but it applies AoE moonfire and sunfire.

Having to cast it 1 by 1 with a 1.5 sec cast is not fun or intuitive game play.
    I'd even settle for it simply replacing both in the rotation with no other changes (from not having it, that is). As it is now, it's way to much maintenance when combined with our other mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd even settle for it simply replacing both in the rotation with no other changes (from not having it, that is). As it is now, it's way to much maintenance when combined with our other mechanics.
    Well, they didn't remove but made is a node choice and it seems like the new talent out performs it, so that's good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Well, they didn't remove but made is a node choice and it seems like the new talent out performs it, so that's good news!
    Definitely. This option is far more sensible and actually usable both single- and multitarget.