Epic (410%) Flying?

In the post where Blizzard confirmed the Dracthyr's racial flying getting a nerf:

"In Eastern Kingdoms, Soar is currently over twice as fast as Epic Flying which travels at 410% speed."

Was Epic Flying confirmed anywhere? Is this a typo? Are they referring to the +100% bonus from passives? I cant find anything else about it.

Isn't epic flying the 310% one? Seems like when they wrote 410 it was possibly just a typo and they meant 310?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Isn't epic flying the 310% one? Seems like when they wrote 410 it was possibly just a typo and they meant 310?
    Master riding was bumped up to 310% (from 280%) at the same time Expert was bumped to 150% iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    In the post where Blizzard confirmed the Dracthyr's racial flying getting a nerf:

"In Eastern Kingdoms, Soar is currently over twice as fast as Epic Flying which travels at 410% speed."

Was Epic Flying confirmed anywhere? Is this a typo? Are they referring to the +100% bonus from passives? I cant find anything else about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Regular run speed is 100% speed. Epic flying adds 310% speed on top of it.

100%+310%=410%

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

100%+310%=410%
    Ah yes, you're quite right. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

100%+310%=410%
    ................OH.

Your base move speed is 100%, epic flying increases your speed by 310% which equals 410%.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

as mentioned, they were adding the 310% bonus to base speed which is 100%, as an aside, 'epic flying' used to be what it was called when it was locked to the meta achievements in WOTLK, when you needed to unlock it that way, i can't remember if it had that terminology during TBC (can probably check on the classic servers what it's termed as in game now), but when we get to ulduar, the 25 man raid meta achievement reward should have on it 'epic flying + ironbound protodrake' as the reward, when they got rid of that mechanic and merged everything into one thing at the flight trainers i think they just made it part of the 'master flying' perk which was bought with gold during cata when they added the 'old world' flying license thing.

For what it's worth, Epic Flying is called so because the actual item for the 310% is Epic (Purple). Same reason 100% ground mount is called "Epic Mount". The skill itself has always been Journeyman/Expert/Master Riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    For what it's worth, Epic Flying is called so because the actual item for the 310% is Epic (Purple). Same reason 100% ground mount is called "Epic Mount". The skill itself has always been Journeyman/Expert/Master Riding.
    I didnt know that.

That's really cool!

Sincerely hope they reuse that word if they ever unlock dragonriding mechanics on non-dragons.