Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Once again, blizzard creating "solutions" to problems players don't have. The reasoning is also complete and utter garbage. With this reasoning, they should remove mage portals, warrior class hall and nerf druid flightform. A lot of stuff in the game fits the "advantage because of race/class" argument, but that's the game. Different classes/races have different strengths/weaknesses.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Damn, everything wrong in modern gaming jam packed in one paragraph. You truly are a shining specimen.
    Damn right, I am a poster boy of modern gaming If I can't have that Soar, fuck everyone who can, I'd remove players from WoW anyway and play with NPCs if I could

World of Warcraft: Hunters

Fuck them. Don't nerf the speed I want to zoom.

But what if they can fly faster than some kitten mommy on her way to farm her mogsmountscheevos? That's too unfair. You can't just have that happen; that's imbalanced. It needs to be nerfed.

It already has a 5 min CD. This is a joke.

You’re still flying over twice as fast as everyone else. Yea it’s a bit crap being nerfed, but at least they haven’t changed it to be 310% speed increase.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    And once again absolutely nothing for priest. It's looking to be Legion + BfA all over again, with silence for 5 years. What a joke of a company.
    relax your ****, Priest already best class in alpha, with best talent tree.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Why not just let the dragon riding mounts be accessible in the rest of the game? Makes way more sense than removing that access from the Dracthyr.

Speeding at 930% across the old content is fun. What's not fun is allowing old flying mounts to be permanently stationary in the air, it makes the game feel like an editor rather than an immersive world with physics.
    They most likely need more testing before they can be confident that the dragon riding won't break things in the old zones, so I think it's likely that it will come in 10.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

seeing a lot of complaints over nothing...... 640% speed is STILL something big, soaring at nearly 1000% speed would more than likely lead to some unique exploits that would break the game *cough*oldzones*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLfn46W_PM
    Without knowing the detailed state of priest talent trees right now, just saying, that is just tuning stuff. That can be changed with the drop of a hat. Structural issues are a completely different beast and some people have probably all reason to expect the worst, given Blizzard's track record. That being said, at least shadow was clearly changed in significant ways during the SL catastrophy beta, so claiming 5 years of silene is at least partially false. Furthermore, it's probably about time that some priests (mostly shadow) realize that the lame ass inanity mechanic is going to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    seeing a lot of complaints over nothing...... 640% speed is STILL something big, soaring at nearly 1000% speed would more than likely lead to some unique exploits that would break the game *cough*oldzones*cough*
    Last time I checked there is practically nothing of worth in old zones and Blizzard hasn't given a toss about them unless they happned to revamp them. The vague chance of breaking some ancient minigame that 99.9% of the playerbase have most likely forgotten about isn't reason to castrate anyone's fun by any reasonable metric.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Last time I checked there is practically nothing of worth in old zones and Blizzard hasn't given a toss about them unless they happned to revamp them. The vague chance of breaking some ancient minigame that 99.9% of the playerbase have most likely forgotten about isn't reason to castrate anyone's fun by any reasonable metric.
    Don't think mini-games are the concern.
    Going at that speed I would be more worried about loading triggers and the time to unload / load.

Though I think this change is more about "fairness" even if I don't agree with it, because it's the old world.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It is funny when they say this racial wil have advantage over other races while dracthyrs can only become evoker. Do they really think people will complain about a player turning his quest a bit faster every 5 min lol

I mean I get it, people want the very best for the class they play and love, but being able to fly at nearly 1000% was way OP. The class is already getting all the new tech, new spells, the best customizations, a glide which was a staple of another class already, a push back racial, a lift racial (two amazing interrupts off of one class as a racial) and visage form. Lets add in you can detect resources at farther distances and get more rare stuff off them and fly a flat 20% faster than anyone else once you have explored a zone. The class has the most OP racials in the game.

I think its safe to say that the class is still OP and now instead of being 3x faster, you are slightly more than 2x faster. A five minute CD is not that long at all. Figure you fly out, collect what you want, do a quest etc will easily burn or get close to that timer and off you go again, soaring across the world.

I also find it funny that all the flying haters haven't been up in arms over this (because of world PvP) implications as that seems to be the go to argument against flying.
    Last edited by Cyi; 2022-07-30 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post

castrating someone's fun when it comes to the soar would be to nerf it to the same speed as an epic flying mount, everyone is overreacting and it's cringe as hell tbh, Dracthyr are STILL twice as fas as an epic flying mount....

10+ Year Old Account
    bad change for soar. no one cares about old content and having one race being able to do it better than another.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Once again, blizzard creating "solutions" to problems players don't have. The reasoning is also complete and utter garbage. With this reasoning, they should remove mage portals, warrior class hall and nerf druid flightform. A lot of stuff in the game fits the "advantage because of race/class" argument, but that's the game. Different classes/races have different strengths/weaknesses.
    I think this may touch on why there's probably another reason they're making this change... although that's an assumption in itself.

Blizz specifically mentioned that this change was brought on because of the advantage it gave in old world content. If we view this from the larger picture, when has advantages in the old world content mattered to Blizz in the last decade or so? The way the game has been designed is that if it's not the current expansion, it basically doesn't exist or is just leveling/xmog fodder. Therefore, their stated reason doesn't align with the expect actual game design we've know for a long time.

Now, does this mean they're going to make the old content more relevant? Even if that's the case, it would either be within the scope of the current expansion (like the N'zoth invasions for BfA) or not even relevant (like bringing back old dungeons/raids or making the travel not matter via queuing or teleportation), making their stated reason not hold water. As some have stated, if they bring this form of flight mainstream to the old world for everyone, there's still no need for an adjustment as everyone would be on a similar playing field.

I would've been more likely to accept the speed change is due to their anti-cheat program confusing the flying speed with speed hackers. This was also an issue with Demon Hunters using Fel Rush (as it technically boosts your movement speed by a lot for a very short period) and can still be an issue when dismounting at mount speed, such as removing Flight Form and reverting to humanoid form while landing and still moving at mount speeds. While the better solution would be to fix the program to recognize the difference, the easier solution would be to just limit the speeds. I can't say for certain if this is a consideration, but we're at the point where it's easier to believe Blizz has ulterior motives they aren't disclosing due to their history.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think this may touch on why there's probably another reason they're making this change... although that's an assumption in itself.

Blizz specifically mentioned that this change was brought on because of the advantage it gave in old world content. If we view this from the larger picture, when has advantages in the old world content mattered to Blizz in the last decade or so? The way the game has been designed is that if it's not the current expansion, it basically doesn't exist or is just leveling/xmog fodder. Therefore, their stated reason doesn't align with the expect actual game design we've know for a long time.

Now, does this mean they're going to make the old content more relevant? Even if that's the case, it would either be within the scope of the current expansion (like the N'zoth invasions for BfA) or not even relevant (like bringing back old dungeons/raids or making the travel not matter via queuing or teleportation), making their stated reason not hold water. As some have stated, if they bring this form of flight mainstream to the old world for everyone, there's still no need for an adjustment as everyone would be on a similar playing field.

I would've been more likely to accept the speed change is due to their anti-cheat program confusing the flying speed with speed hackers. This was also an issue with Demon Hunters using Fel Rush (as it technically boosts your movement speed by a lot for a very short period) and can still be an issue when dismounting at mount speed, such as removing Flight Form and reverting to humanoid form while landing and still moving at mount speeds. While the better solution would be to fix the program to recognize the difference, the easier solution would be to just limit the speeds. I can't say for certain if this is a consideration, but we're at the point where it's easier to believe Blizz has ulterior motives they aren't disclosing due to their history.
    I really don't see the point in constructing elaborate conspiracy theories involving anti-cheat detection and Blizzard's innate desire to be lazy as fuck when their given explanation is perfectly reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    This is fucking stupid, if you're gonna reduce the speed of it then at least have the fucking decency to lower the cooldown by AT LEAST 50% like we originally asked for.

Man, developers are becoming dumber and dumber each year.