Restoration and Maelstrom weapon

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but i need to hear from someone about a situation where resto shaman picks Maelstrom Weapon and Flurry from class tree.

In theory it works: maelstrom procs give you instant lava bursts -> lava burst crits with flame shock on target -> you get increased atk spd from flurry.

But, and this is a big but, for this to make sense shaman should have normal weapon dmg. And as a resto, you don't have it! They hit like wet noodle with their caster weapons so it's stupid to go melee range just to fish instant lava bursts.

So tell me, are these talents traps for resto shamans or will Blizzard do the unthinkable and give all caster weapons more weapon dmg or will flametongue weapon get a buff?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    The fact that flurry and maelstrom are in the baseline shaman tree is a joke. Elemental and Resto will never, ever use these.
    pretty sure you'll use them in pvp

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    pretty sure you'll use them in pvp
    Nope. Big time nope.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but i need to hear from someone about a situation where resto shaman picks Maelstrom Weapon and Flurry from class tree.

In theory it works: maelstrom procs give you instant lava bursts -> lava burst crits with flame shock on target -> you get increased atk spd from flurry.

But, and this is a big but, for this to make sense shaman should have normal weapon dmg. And as a resto, you don't have it! They hit like wet noodle with their caster weapons so it's stupid to go melee range just to fish instant lava bursts.

So tell me, are these talents traps for resto shamans or will Blizzard do the unthinkable and give all caster weapons more weapon dmg or will flametongue weapon get a buff?
    There are in the class tree for leveling --- if you are soloing as Resto, there will be times you have low or no mana, so why not just be in melee to get those instant casts? Its a meme, but its there.

The class tree is broken up into the specs

Left is Resto, Middle is Ele, and Right is Enhance

There is no real reason for Resto or Ele to ever get maelstrom weapons or flurry, aside from meme-ing during leveling. However, there is potentially a very real reason for Enhance to get Lava Burst. Depending on its damage done, and if it is indeed impacted by maelstrom weapons, you have a guaranteed way to proc flurry on the regular.

That said, they could just want resto to be up there meleeing when it doesn't need to cast. The original shaman unit was a melee caster in WC3 (it had a fist weapon). And despite caster weapons not doing actual damage, getting an instant cast heal is still useful for a healer class. The real question is does it outweigh all the downsides of being in melee, and just hard-casting your heals? (probably not, hence meme-talents for leveling).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    There are in the class tree for leveling --- if you are soloing as Resto, there will be times you have low or no mana, so why not just be in melee to get those instant casts? Its a meme, but its there.

The class tree is broken up into the specs

Left is Resto, Middle is Ele, and Right is Enhance

There is no real reason for Resto or Ele to ever get maelstrom weapons or flurry, aside from meme-ing during leveling. However, there is potentially a very real reason for Enhance to get Lava Burst. Depending on its damage done, and if it is indeed impacted by maelstrom weapons, you have a guaranteed way to proc flurry on the regular.

That said, they could just want resto to be up there meleeing when it doesn't need to cast. The original shaman unit was a melee caster in WC3 (it had a fist weapon). And despite caster weapons not doing actual damage, getting an instant cast heal is still useful for a healer class. The real question is does it outweigh all the downsides of being in melee, and just hard-casting your heals? (probably not, hence meme-talents for leveling).
    The OG Wc3 shaman was not a melee caster. Sure, it had a fist weapon equipped, but it was a ranged attacker. So was the Far Seer, the Witch Doctor, Spirit Walker and Shadow Hunter; all the shaman units in the game. You should never, as resto or ele pick Maelstrom or Flurry; not even “for the meme”, it’s a waste of points and yeah a trap just like how in TBC elemental players were tricked into putting points into Elemental Devastation.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    it also make heals faster/instant for a price of standnig in mele and swinging so it can have some uses although i dont find that really that grate personally,
    its same situation for enh and elemntal/resto trees you wont see to much use off it, beside ancestral guidance thats freaking grate talent :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"