Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suggestion for Renaming Body 1 andBody 2, as they are too uniispired

A possible solution would be "Masculine" and "Feminine" because body 1 and 2 sound too monotonous and mechanical

no one cares about body name sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    A possible solution would be "Masculine" and "Feminine" because body 1 and 2 sound too monotonous and mechanical

The point of naming body types as "1" and "2" is to disassociate from the traditional masculine and feminine labels to begin with.

That would imply the existence of objective masculine and feminine traits, which is too strong of a stance for a company that is only doing these things to create the illusion that they have changed their work culture.

Personally, I think stuff like this or the tool that tells writers what minority score a character should have proves exactly how out of touch the people who make decisions within Blizzard are with the collectives that they're trying to appeal to. It's shallow and dishonest, bordering condescending.

My Suggestion: male and female. Simple, isnt it?!

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    My Suggestion: male and female. Simple, isnt it?!
    People like you are the real problem.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a good idea. I think it’s present in character customizations in some other games.

Lets just replace all of this with a single body and a bunch of sliders you can adjust to your hearts content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post

People with different opinions other than you're own? Interesting take.

Yes basic biology is a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Lets just replace all of this with a single body and a bunch of sliders you can adjust to your hearts content.
    That, I would support. But that, unlike changing a couple of strings in the UI, would require actual work, which would cost actual money, which the people behind this change aren't willing to spend on something they don't actually believe in.

People intolerant of someone else’s opinion like you are the real problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    If calling the body types male and female caused issues, wouldn't 'Body 1' and 'Body 2' not also cause issues, as some might be so insane and see it as someone ranking it? Calling it 'Masculine Body' and 'Feminine Body' would make more sense in the selection scheme of progressing the game options.

Following marking the body types like so, we should also have a Bulky, Normal, and Skinny body type, but that would most likely also cause issues to call it that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

id go with attackhelicopter and unicorn
    because tbf body 1 / 2 isnt solving the issue hard enough

I mean I guess I'd prefer this over "Body 1" and "Body 2", because these body types are still objectively masculine and feminine in their respective appearance

Im kinda trans aswell, but bored and annoyed by this loud crybabies.

Based transpeople gives a sh1t about topics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    no one cares about body name sorry
    Looks like Blizzard 'care' since they changed it after 20years of no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If calling the body types male and female caused issues, wouldn't 'Body 1' and 'Body 2' not also cause issues, as some might be so insane and see it as someone ranking it? Calling it 'Masculine Body' and 'Feminine Body' would make more sense in the selection scheme of progressing the game options.

Following marking the body types like so, we should also have a Bulky, Normal, and Skinny body type, but that would most likely also cause issues to call it that.
    Exactly, I also mention this problem in the very first thread I created.
    There are many people like these and they are located exactly in the group which take issue with "male" and "female" to begin with.

The current body 1 and 2 "ranking" options would create more problems than they solve.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places.

On Topic I think it should be Masc/Fem instead of Body 1/Body 2
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The point of naming body types as "1" and "2" is to disassociate from the traditional masculine and feminine labels to begin with.
    Well, it certainly is dissociative