Page 1 of 14
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Nerfing Soar shows that Blizzard is still not understanding it what people drove away

    from the Game in the first place.

    First: this will probably never affect me; if i play dragonflight (and right now I'm not so sure anymore), i play them probably only for the starting zone, so you might say, why do you care. But i actually do, because blizzard shows again and again that they don't listen to the community and want trying to talk crap about balance, mechanics and comparsion to normal flying with soar.

    The bullshit about chromie time quest: Dear blizzard, DRAKTHYR START AT LEVEL 55, SO THERE IS NO CHROMIE TIME FOR THEM. So why the f*** should we balance for unnecessary things like this: because in the next xpack you will nerf the level of them back to 10, because you are afraid of FUTURE USE OF IT? Honestly: DON'T BALANCE THINGS AROUND WHAT MIGHT BE BAD IN THE FUTURE. This is something blizzard does again and again: balancing things for the future when we aren't even there yet, and nerfing stuff that are fun and for the core gameplay absolutely NON ESSENTIAL just because you need to balance things around this.

    Honestly: NOBODY CARES IF ONE CLASS HAS A COOLDOWN THAT MAKES LEVELING EASIER. And nope, if somebody tells me that for him it matters is simply lying; because then he also wouldn't be allowed to use heirloom-gear now or back in the days when it still gave exp. And if he really didn't (and that's very doubtful), then blizzard is again BALANCING FOR THE 0,1% OF PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THE 99%.

    So instead of simply stopping making things unfun because it might be bad in the future, fix it when it matters, in the future. Do you don't want to continue dragonriding in the future in newer zones: nerf SOAR just in the new zones, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

    Sadly this last post showed me that blizzard didn't change a single bit. They are still the same old bunch that nerfs fun out of the game just for the kick of it. And does tell us the same bullshit they did when they nerfed Torghast and so on. And when you stop listening to the community because 1-2 are complaining that they are too good, then we end up with azerite gear or other stuff that really went well.

    And again: if i play wow, i probably play my priest as my main, but right now i'm afraid, this will not be the last round of: we need to change stuff for the sake of nerfing fun in the game, and blizzard almost always f***s it up. It's a bad decision, and you will see, no matter how many are complaining, blizzard will keep their stance until it is far too late because they are too headstrong to change their false opinion about it.

    So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.
    It's understandable since the reasoning for the nerf was so terrible. It's a 5m CD that honestly more than anything else would show players how cool all the routes are in the old world, people were already making little mini stunt videos on the alpha build of dracthyr soaring through cool routes in azeroth. I just don't know why you'd ever nerf player convenience, especially a 5 minute racial trait so it's not like dracthyr would be infinitely flying at that speed everywhere 24/7. Now if blizz said they were nerfing their speed in PvP or something, like them soaring from lumber mill to other points way faster than blizz would like so just in that type of content it'd be nerfed I would be fine with that. But leveling, pet battling, farming transmog. Really? THAT was the reason?

  3. #3
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering. They really haven't nerfed it regardless of all the complaints. Half the damn bots out there are druids for that reason specifically. Them nerfing Soar so that its STILL faster than epic flying for all other races isn't remotely close to something worth complaining about. The fact that its even warranting this post shows how petty and whiny the WoW playerbase is.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    from the Game in the first place.

    First: this will probably never affect me; if i play dragonflight (and right now I'm not so sure anymore), i play them probably only for the starting zone, so you might say, why do you care. But i actually do, because blizzard shows again and again that they don't listen to the community and want trying to talk crap about balance, mechanics and comparsion to normal flying with soar.

    The bullshit about chromie time quest: Dear blizzard, DRAKTHYR START AT LEVEL 55, SO THERE IS NO CHROMIE TIME FOR THEM. So why the f*** should we balance for unnecessary things like this: because in the next xpack you will nerf the level of them back to 10, because you are afraid of FUTURE USE OF IT? Honestly: DON'T BALANCE THINGS AROUND WHAT MIGHT BE BAD IN THE FUTURE. This is something blizzard does again and again: balancing things for the future when we aren't even there yet, and nerfing stuff that are fun and for the core gameplay absolutely NON ESSENTIAL just because you need to balance things around this.

    Honestly: NOBODY CARES IF ONE CLASS HAS A COOLDOWN THAT MAKES LEVELING EASIER. And nope, if somebody tells me that for him it matters is simply lying; because then he also wouldn't be allowed to use heirloom-gear now or back in the days when it still gave exp. And if he really didn't (and that's very doubtful), then blizzard is again BALANCING FOR THE 0,1% OF PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THE 99%.

    So instead of simply stopping making things unfun because it might be bad in the future, fix it when it matters, in the future. Do you don't want to continue dragonriding in the future in newer zones: nerf SOAR just in the new zones, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

    Sadly this last post showed me that blizzard didn't change a single bit. They are still the same old bunch that nerfs fun out of the game just for the kick of it. And does tell us the same bullshit they did when they nerfed Torghast and so on. And when you stop listening to the community because 1-2 are complaining that they are too good, then we end up with azerite gear or other stuff that really went well.

    And again: if i play wow, i probably play my priest as my main, but right now i'm afraid, this will not be the last round of: we need to change stuff for the sake of nerfing fun in the game, and blizzard almost always f***s it up. It's a bad decision, and you will see, no matter how many are complaining, blizzard will keep their stance until it is far too late because they are too headstrong to change their false opinion about it.

    So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.
    not related to the soar thing, but i would sign that with my blood.

    let’s take alt friendlyness in example: i am one of that 20-30% players, switching his main 2-3 times an xpac. i dont talk about that alt stuff like „226 boa gear“. i talk about fully high level competetive new main character. DF still has no accountwide rep ppls asking since years. you still have to repeat all that shitty campaign quests instead of being accountwide. augment rune and 278 conduits are still locked behind non-accountwide rep. even when DF don’t have a borrowed power system, they will still stick to the same old, stupid, conservative design philosophy. they will never change their minds, as you said.

    same with professions: look 1 thread ahead and see ppl discussing new overly complex profession systems that in the end will not create useful gear. because changing some pvp, raid or m+ piece of gear in ZM with 1 click to a set piece, is allowed. but farming mats and crafting i.e.1 BiS item or a set piece with your profession, you invested huge amounts of gold and time into, is not allowed!

    same goes for reward structure and outdoor world content. see next thread above.

    in short: you are 100% right. they will never change their minds. they will stick to the same old BS and not evolve the game, cause they just wanna milk the cow. Ion does always a lot of blah blah marketing speech, how everything will get better. but in the end they change nothing.

    imo it’s time to quit. it lasted long enough. and they will never change their stance. until even the last player quitted. time to leave imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-30 at 09:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering. They really haven't nerfed it regardless of all the complaints. Half the damn bots out there are druids for that reason specifically. Them nerfing Soar so that its STILL faster than epic flying for all other races isn't remotely close to something worth complaining about. The fact that its even warranting this post shows how petty and whiny the WoW playerbase is.
    This is a really fair point honestly.

    People keep saying "but no one's complaining!" but I'd be willing to bet that the moment it goes live, you'll see the complaints start.

    Also Chromie Time is going to scale to level 60 in Dragonflight.
    So yeah it's a fair point that Dracthyr would be able to exploit that to quickly grab rares and what not in Chromie Time far faster than any other classes.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    from the Game in the first place.

    First: this will probably never affect me; if i play dragonflight (and right now I'm not so sure anymore), i play them probably only for the starting zone, so you might say, why do you care. But i actually do, because blizzard shows again and again that they don't listen to the community and want trying to talk crap about balance, mechanics and comparsion to normal flying with soar.

    The bullshit about chromie time quest: Dear blizzard, DRAKTHYR START AT LEVEL 55, SO THERE IS NO CHROMIE TIME FOR THEM. So why the f*** should we balance for unnecessary things like this: because in the next xpack you will nerf the level of them back to 10, because you are afraid of FUTURE USE OF IT? Honestly: DON'T BALANCE THINGS AROUND WHAT MIGHT BE BAD IN THE FUTURE. This is something blizzard does again and again: balancing things for the future when we aren't even there yet, and nerfing stuff that are fun and for the core gameplay absolutely NON ESSENTIAL just because you need to balance things around this.

    Honestly: NOBODY CARES IF ONE CLASS HAS A COOLDOWN THAT MAKES LEVELING EASIER. And nope, if somebody tells me that for him it matters is simply lying; because then he also wouldn't be allowed to use heirloom-gear now or back in the days when it still gave exp. And if he really didn't (and that's very doubtful), then blizzard is again BALANCING FOR THE 0,1% OF PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THE 99%.

    So instead of simply stopping making things unfun because it might be bad in the future, fix it when it matters, in the future. Do you don't want to continue dragonriding in the future in newer zones: nerf SOAR just in the new zones, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

    Sadly this last post showed me that blizzard didn't change a single bit. They are still the same old bunch that nerfs fun out of the game just for the kick of it. And does tell us the same bullshit they did when they nerfed Torghast and so on. And when you stop listening to the community because 1-2 are complaining that they are too good, then we end up with azerite gear or other stuff that really went well.

    And again: if i play wow, i probably play my priest as my main, but right now i'm afraid, this will not be the last round of: we need to change stuff for the sake of nerfing fun in the game, and blizzard almost always f***s it up. It's a bad decision, and you will see, no matter how many are complaining, blizzard will keep their stance until it is far too late because they are too headstrong to change their false opinion about it.

    So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.
    They know more about why people quit the game than you do, all you know is why you quit, so you're wrong right there from the start.

    Not obeying the commands of whiny forum goers does not equal not listening to the community.

    "Don't balance around things that might be a problem later." And then they do that and get yelled at for being blind or stupid.

    People complain if anyone has something that makes life easier than anyone else. Flight form anyone?

    How exactly were they supposed to or were expecting to change, except to suit what you want? There seems to be some expectation that Blizzard needs to change to suit the player's wants or they're somehow not good.

    Then following it up with the baseless accusation that since they're deliberately messing things up for shits and giggles.

    Then the old "I am me therefore I speak for the the 99% and the big bad 0.1% can suck one".

    And what even brought this on? That one facet of soaring got nerfed?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is a really fair point honestly.

    People keep saying "but no one's complaining!" but I'd be willing to bet that the moment it goes live, you'll see the complaints start.

    Also Chromie Time is going to scale to level 60 in Dragonflight.
    So yeah it's a fair point that Dracthyr would be able to exploit that to quickly grab rares and what not in Chromie Time far faster than any other classes.
    People complain about literally anything and everyone. Something to keep in mind is just because someone is complaining doesn't mean that anything is actually wrong. Baseless, pointless complaints are a thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  7. #7
    You just don't understand, blizzard has to nerf it. I mean, just imagine the horror of having 0.000069% more efficiency in doing pet battles! Has that ever crossed your mind? Of course not. You don't have the 200IQ blizzard has.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    People complain about literally anything and everyone. Something to keep in mind is just because someone is complaining doesn't mean that anything is actually wrong. Baseless, pointless complaints are a thing.
    I mean, that goes without saying, it's just the point that just because there's no complaints before the actual player base sees it doesn't mean there isn't valid issues.

    I do think it will feel bad for a majority of players to feel like they're so much slower than the new class. I also think that it's not a long term issue if they plan to add dragon flying to all areas, and then they'll revert this.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So sorry for my rant, but i'm both mentally and literally tired.
    This should have been your cue to not post

    This change prevents future frustration and like you've said, most of the game will be spent in dragonflight so the spell will be interesting and fun to press 95% of the time.

    Then if dragon riding is a feature that the players want to se carried over the old world and vlizzard wishes for it to be so, then you will have ot fun everywhere.

  10. #10
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,670
    Oh come on.. "Oh no, I can't fly extremely faster than others... Now I'll just have to live with flying a lot faster than others--- Unless they have Dragonriding like I have as well... "
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-07-30 at 10:22 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  11. #11
    I think it's dumb change with dumb justification (especially Chromie Time, for the whole 2 levels of Evoker they will use it, if at all).

    The bottom line is what exactly 960% speed actually broke there? Their reasoning being: "Dracthyr have a drastic efficiency advantage over characters of other races when doing non-Dragon Isles content, whether that’s Chromie Time quests, clearing old raids for transmog, pet battling, etc" is frankly does not even soar, because quite honestly - who the fuck really cares you get to old raid or pet battle faster once per 5 mins.

    And I am not even sure why they even said "Chromie Time" given Drakthyr don't need it at all and one would need to go out of its way to even do it.

    The only reasonable thing that could be is PvP, but then - you could limit it for PvP only and be done with it, even if it can be used in BGs to begin with, which I doubt.

    ---

    So yes, as I see it - it is completely a "fun detected" moment for very very weak reason.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,693
    Blizzard needs to get it through their thick skulls that most people don't give two shits about being good at WoW, they just want to have fun while playing it. Most people don't care about what advantage X has over Y and most people couldn't care less if someone reached a pet battle before them.

    The only group that continuously cares about such petty bullshit are the same old gate keeping pricks that have nothing else but wow going for them.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2022-07-30 at 10:39 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  13. #13
    1. It’s not a nerf if the game is in alpha.

    2. Oh no, your racial is ONLY going to let you have 650% increased speed. How will you live? Class will probably die.

  14. #14
    The racial is still broken as fuck, it still gives 2x+ as much movespeed as epic flying. Get over it. It needs to be nerfed even more as far as I am concerned, or just replaced with something else.

  15. #15
    I have to agree, it's senseless to nerf something that is only "op" in ultra outdated content.

    Oh no the Dracthyr gets to x old raid faster, oh no!

  16. #16
    Damn, I hope the complaining Karens never uncover that mages can use portals to go farther distances even faster and without a 5 minute cooldown.

    That reasoning the blue post gave was complete ass.

  17. #17
    They have ruined my future advantage of getting from the mage tower in Stormwind to Goldshire faster than any other class.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The racial is still broken as fuck, it still gives 2x+ as much movespeed as epic flying. Get over it. It needs to be nerfed even more as far as I am concerned, or just replaced with something else.
    640 vs 410 is not 2x your math might need some work and it does have a cd. Its fine at 640, it gives a fun racial for out of combat class fantasy without being obnoxiously faster then everyone else. Mind you mages have had teleports since vanilla which is faster then soar be it only puts you in select locations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Damn, I hope the complaining Karens never uncover that mages can use portals to go farther distances even faster and without a 5 minute cooldown.

    That reasoning the blue post gave was complete ass.
    nah the blue post is fine, it is a less significant advantage but still fun at the reduced rate and worth using. Kind of what racials are supposed to be in current wow.

  19. #19
    Its still faster then anyone else can fly, its just no quite as big a gap.
    Seriously why are people whining about this so hard.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its still faster then anyone else can fly, its just no quite as big a gap.
    Seriously why are people whining about this so hard.
    Because something fun is made less fun for the sake of balance where it's not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •