Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean there are things people go out into the old world for, whether that be farming rares or gathering professions or doing achievements. And for any of those things Dracthyr would be objectively the best by a massive margin. Making one class/race significantly better than everything else at any one thing is bad for the game, that's why they fixed it.

    This is objectively a good change, it's asinine that people are upset about it.
    Absolutely not, so you understand how dragon flying works? In order to make the most use out of it you have to work your way up to a massive cliff. You would be better off with just your flyer in 90% of scenarios, not to mention dragon flight has a 5 minute cooldown.

    The best class for this has been and will always be mage. Teleports are way, way, way, way more powerful than any form of dragon flying when it comes to the old world.

    But let’s set that aside for a moment and look at what it’s effecting. If it’s only effecting old world achievements and old world mats gathering, explain to me the issue.

  2. #222
    i don't think nerfing soar is the biggest issue. yes, it shows they're still blind to what is actually fun. the REAL issue is the change hasn't been reverted after all the backlash. this shows they still aren't taking us seriously...

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    But let’s set that aside for a moment and look at what it’s effecting. If it’s only effecting old world achievements and old world mats gathering, explain to me the issue.
    Come on, isn't it obvious.

    The problem, friendo, is that if you let soar stand as it was, that would... I mean, people would... the old world would... there'd be... some... people could...

    Uh.

    Fuck.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Come on, isn't it obvious.

    The problem, friendo, is that if you let soar stand as it was, that would... I mean, people would... the old world would... there'd be... some... people could...

    Uh.

    Fuck.
    I’m not even that invested in the change at all, but I have to say seeing people argue so hard for the ‘balance’ of old world achievement hunting and old quests makes me laugh my absolute ass off. Couldn’t be more obvious that they are full of doo doo

  5. #225
    After testing to make sure it worked, of course they nerfed it. After all, they have to be able to sell the full version later in the cash shop.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    After testing to make sure it worked, of course they nerfed it. After all, they have to be able to sell the full version later in the cash shop.
    you be willing to bet anything if max soar speed hits the cash shop the next 4 years? Cause I'll wager on no

  7. #227
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,480
    Not playing one, never wanted to, still kinda confused they took something fun out of them that some people liked.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    Absolutely not, so you understand how dragon flying works? In order to make the most use out of it you have to work your way up to a massive cliff. You would be better off with just your flyer in 90% of scenarios, not to mention dragon flight has a 5 minute cooldown.

    The best class for this has been and will always be mage. Teleports are way, way, way, way more powerful than any form of dragon flying when it comes to the old world.

    But let’s set that aside for a moment and look at what it’s effecting. If it’s only effecting old world achievements and old world mats gathering, explain to me the issue.
    Except that that isn't how it works at all, lol. You don't have to be very high up at all to get a lot of value out of it, especially when you get the talents and everything maxed out.

    And if you think that teleporting around cities is in any way comparable to the dragon flying then I don't think this is a conversation worth having with you. Clearly you don't even understand what it is that you're arguing about, which means that trying to explain it to you would just be a waste of my time. I swear the people who keep comparing this to Mage teleports must have grown up on a strict diet of paste and battery acid.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Except that that isn't how it works at all, lol. You don't have to be very high up at all to get a lot of value out of it, especially when you get the talents and everything maxed out.

    And if you think that teleporting around cities is in any way comparable to the dragon flying then I don't think this is a conversation worth having with you. Clearly you don't even understand what it is that you're arguing about, which means that trying to explain it to you would just be a waste of my time. I swear the people who keep comparing this to Mage teleports must have grown up on a strict diet of paste and battery acid.
    Yes it is how it works. In order to reach that 900% speed at any decent rate and make use of it without just hitting the ground after a few seconds you most certainly need to find some sort of cliff. This isn’t even a question and the fact that you are saying this makes me think you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about.

    And if you think that teleporting around cities is in any way comparable to the dragon flying then I don't think this is a conversation worth having with you. Clearly you don't even understand what it is that you're arguing about, which means that trying to explain it to you would just be a waste of my time. I swear the people who keep comparing this to Mage teleports must have grown up on a strict diet of paste and battery acid
    I’m sorry, but are you absolutely brain dead or are you just trolling? The topic is the old world and you’re bitching about how quickly dracthyr can move around in it. Hey buddy, I hate to bring this up to you but when it comes to traversing and traveling the old world and going city to city (which you do a lot of when you are doing achievements in the old world) teleporting instantly sort of saves you tens of minutes of traveling compared to dragon riding saving you maybe 10-15 seconds on a 5 minute cooldown.

    If you don’t understand this then you’re literally too dumb to be having this conversation and you need to shut up

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortis View Post
    The fact that so many left to play FFXVI pretty much proves that this is not the case. They left because of the direction the game was heading. They wouldn’t start a whole new game and leave behind all those achievements and years of work on a whim either.
    ANd you know that how? A lot of people left the game and gaming entirely. Again, people leave for 1,000's of reasons. There is no one reason.

    The game went in a bad direction and we want to see change. Change that only comes with the devs realizing the majority don’t like their design philosophy. Claiming that everyone left because of real life just kills any chance at it.
    Again, you know that how? Once again, projection of opinion. your statement is in no way provable. Also, you only speak for you. There is no "we".

    There is still hope it corrects course in Dragonflight. This is just a stark reminder of why the game went bad. It’s over-thought at every corner. It’s the new devs inability to follow what the old guard inherently knew. Games should be FUN.
    Again, "fun" is subjective. What you think is fun others do not and vice versa. The current deves very well know that games should be fun. What you are really saying is "They don't make the game exactly the way I want, therefore they don't know fun". A missive projection of opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i don't think nerfing soar is the biggest issue. yes, it shows they're still blind to what is actually fun. the REAL issue is the change hasn't been reverted after all the backlash. this shows they still aren't taking us seriously...
    "fun" is subjective. They are not blind to fun, that is just BS because they took way what YOU found fun. Also, there hardly has been any backlash They aren't going to revert something based on a small vocal minority. Finally not caving to your demands does not = they aren't taking you seriously. People need to stop acting like the game must cater solely to them and only them.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd you know that how? A lot of people left the game and gaming entirely. Agagin, poeple leave for 1,000's of reasnos. There is no one reason.

    AGAIN, YOU KNOW THAT HOW? Once again, projection of opinion. your statement is in no way provable. Also, you only speak for you. There is no "we".

    Again, "fun" is subjective. What you think is fun others do not and vice versa. The current deves very well know that games should be fun. What you are really saying is "They don't make the game exactly the way I want, therefore they don't know fun". A missive projection of opinion.
    *Battlefield 2044 releases and every one complains*

    *Company forced to give refunds after major shit show of a game releases and is DoA*

    rrayy:

    ANd you know that how? A lot of people left the game and gaming entirely. Agagin, poeple leave for 1,000's of reasnos. There is no one reason.
    Stick your head in the sand a little deeper my friend

  12. #232
    You seem like the kind of person that orders something online and is expecting it yesterday.
    Its in our nature to talk loudly about things we are not happy about, rarely do we ever go and talk like this about stuff we are excited about.

    Its one simple ability that already has a 5 minute cd. Did they really NEED to nerf it, no.. does it matter all that much? Nah it doesnt..

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I’m sorry, but are you absolutely brain dead or are you just trolling? The topic is the old world and you’re bitching about how quickly dracthyr can move around in it.
    Why is the topic only the old world, though? In dragonlands we can all soar on our dragons, but after that we will have a new expansion - and if dragon riding is discontinued, then suddenly you have a racial that can be advantageous in current content. And I'm pretty sure it's better to look forward and nerf it in the alpha, before it even made it to the game, instead of nerfing it suddenly 2 years after when new expansion releases (that would cause a true outrage).

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Except for the minor detail where this is on the fucking Alpha build of the game where a grand total of 11 players ever got to experience the unnerfed speed in the first place. This kind of knee jerk reactionary nonsense is the entire reason developers keep certain elements of the game under wraps for so long. This community cannot understand the concept of balancing and the only thing they know is "number go down = BAD."
    Exactly this.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Why is the topic only the old world, though? In dragonlands we can all soar on our dragons, but after that we will have a new expansion - and if dragon riding is discontinued, then suddenly you have a racial that can be advantageous in current content. And I'm pretty sure it's better to look forward and nerf it in the alpha, before it even made it to the game, instead of nerfing it suddenly 2 years after when new expansion releases (that would cause a true outrage).
    That’s literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. For real it is. Dragon riding is clearly staying in the game but let’s just say it isn’t, they FUCKING OBVIOUSLY wouldn’t allow you to use dragon riding in the new expansion if they are disabling dragon riding as well.

    The fact that this thought even popped in your head tells me all I need to hear lol.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    You seem like the kind of person that orders something online and is expecting it yesterday.
    Its in our nature to talk loudly about things we are not happy about, rarely do we ever go and talk like this about stuff we are excited about.

    Its one simple ability that already has a 5 minute cd. Did they really NEED to nerf it, no.. does it matter all that much? Nah it doesnt..
    I'm sorry but i disagree, it really matter.
    For what i have seen on Blizzard forums the feedback given to blizard was: this skill is fun, make the cd shorter.
    In response blizzard have nerfed it, giving one of the dumber reason ever and refused to elaborate futher.
    After shadowlands and bfa this is a big red flag
    Last edited by DargorDraconis; 2022-08-08 at 06:07 PM.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd you know that how? A lot of people left the game and gaming entirely. Again, people leave for 1,000's of reasons. There is no one reason.
    When the lead developer of a game thanks a popular World of Warcraft streamer for bringing so many players to their game, that is evidence. I’m no fan of Asmomgold but I’m not going to pretend he is irrelevant either. He has been very vocal in his issues with Wow. A lot of people agree with him , so they left wow and tried FF14 when he did. You could ignore that and maybe pretend it’s not Wow that is the problem. But a lot of people, myself included, believe World of Warcraft could and should be a much better game than it currently is , it’s just moved too far from what made it so popular in the first place.


    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

    Again, you know that how? Once again, projection of opinion. your statement is in no way provable. Also, you only speak for you. There is no "we".
    There is a “we” A lot of people don’t want to see the same mistakes made over and over again. Also see above for more evidence of “we”.

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

    Again, "fun" is subjective. What you think is fun others do not and vice versa. The current deves very well know that games should be fun. What you are really saying is "They don't make the game exactly the way I want, therefore they don't know fun". A missive projection of opinion.
    I’m not going to claim to be the arbiter of fun. But to claim there is no general consensus on what makes things fun is just being purposefully obtuse. Going fast is fun, usually the faster = the more fun. If you need more evidence of that then I suggest you look at the many sports and recreational activities that use speed for fun.
    Being subjective does not mean it’s exclusive.

    The issue that I think the OP was trying address, it’s not the numbers or how much it was nerfed. It is just showing that the design mentality hasn’t changed.

    Honestly I hope everyone disagreeing is correct. And that this is just me and others overreacting to a minuscule thing that won’t matter in the future. But by looking at the past, being silent and hoping they know what’s best is a foolish endeavor. I fear this game won’t survive another “BFA or Shadowlands”.
    - - - Updated - - -

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortis View Post
    I’m not going to claim to be the arbiter of fun. But to claim there is no general consensus on what makes things fun is just being purposefully obtuse.
    Indeed! This is why, worldwide, there's only a very small number of different hobbies and recreational activities! /s
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    That’s literally the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. For real it is. Dragon riding is clearly staying in the game but let’s just say it isn’t, they FUCKING OBVIOUSLY wouldn’t allow you to use dragon riding in the new expansion if they are disabling dragon riding as well.

    The fact that this thought even popped in your head tells me all I need to hear lol.
    It's staying in the dragonlands. They already said very clearly it's this expansion's feature and they MIGHT consider going forward with it, but they didn't say it's 100% certain. Good to know though you have better info than Blizzard devs, tell us more about the expansion after dragonlands.

    (Also, even if they disable dragon riding in the NEXT expansion, the racial is going to stay. In its nerfed form.)
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-08-08 at 07:59 PM.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It's staying in the dragonlands. They already said very clearly it's this expansion's feature and they MIGHT consider going forward with it, but they didn't say it's 100% certain. Good to know though you have better info than Blizzard devs, tell us more about the expansion after dragonlands.

    (Also, even if they disable dragon riding in the NEXT expansion, the racial is going to stay. In its nerfed form.)
    I can’t even fathom how ridiculous your brain works. It’s truly baffling.

    So this nerf was good because in the off chance that blizzard

    1. Removes dragonflight for next expansion
    2. While also not removing dragonflight passive in next expansion for ??? reasons

    Then it needs to be slower so it doesn’t cause an issue.

    Yup totally logical thinking. Because if blizzard leaves dragonflight in the dragon isles only it’s totally logical that they will still allow dracthyr to use flying while everyone else has to walk everywhere. Totally logical, not insane thought process at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •