Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I can’t even fathom how ridiculous your brain works. It’s truly baffling.

So this nerf was good because in the off chance that blizzard

1. Removes dragonflight for next expansion
    2. While also not removing dragonflight passive in next expansion for ??? reasons

Then it needs to be slower so it doesn’t cause an issue.

Yup totally logical thinking. Because if blizzard leaves dragonflight in the dragon isles only it’s totally logical that they will still allow dracthyr to use flying while everyone else has to walk everywhere. Totally logical, not insane thought process at all.
    Yes, exactly. They will still allow a 5 min racial in the nerfed form we see now in the alpha. Remind us when was the last time Blizzard introduced a racial ability that has worked for one expansion only...? And just like the racial works in the old world and dragon riding doesn't, it will work in a any new expansion going forward. And they have to account for that. This is the exact reason it's a: 5 min CD; and a nerfed form of dragon riding.

If anything, they will nerf it even more, because they'd rather have a useless (or close to useless) racial that works in every expansion, than introduce a racial that has to be disabled in future content. It was always like that, and it will continue to be so. And if you doubt that, it means you've started to play this game yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting to comment on this until I knew the extent of the nerf. Just saw the video comparing pre-nerf and post-nerf flight speeds where they start at that one spot in the dwarf leveling zones and fly through the underground tunnels and shit.

The pre-nerf speed looked so fun; the post-nerf speed makes me wonder why even use Soar/Dragonriding at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Yes, exactly. They will still allow a 5 min racial in the nerfed form we see now in the alpha. Remind us when was the last time Blizzard introduced a racial ability that has worked for one expansion only...? And just like the racial works in the old world and dragon riding doesn't, it will work in a any new expansion going forward. And they have to account for that. This is the exact reason it's a: 5 min CD; and a nerfed form of dragon riding.

If anything, they will nerf it even more, because they'd rather have a useless (or close to useless) racial that works in every expansion, than introduce a racial that has to be disabled in future content. It was always like that, and it will continue to be so. And if you doubt that, it means you've started to play this game yesterday.
    Name the last time blizzard released a racial that was fucking flying beavis, that’s what you should be asking. What does blizzard do at the start of every expansion? Remove flying. They are starting off this expansion with dragon riding from the start which allows us all to travel this way, but if they randomly (for god knows what reason) decide to go back to scrapping flying again at the start they fucking obviously aren’t going to leave flying available for just one specific class.

That’s brain dead obvious. Like 1+1=2 painfully obvious.

I can’t even believe right now that I’m having to convince you of this.

Name the last time blizzard released a racial that was fucking flying beavis, that’s what you should be asking. What does blizzard do at the start of every expansion? Remove flying. They are starting off this expansion with dragon riding from the start which allows us all to travel this way, but if they randomly (for god knows what reason) decide to go back to scrapping flying again at the start they fucking obviously aren’t going to leave flying available for just one specific class.

That’s brain dead obvious. Like 1+1=2 painfully obvious.

I can’t even believe right now that I’m having to convince you of this.
    If they think it's game breaking, they will double nerf the speed and make it a 20 min CD. They won't disable a racial, they never did and never will. We already have races with racials that can be potentially game breaking. Ever saw a 5x night elft teams in M+ internationals? Guess why, cupcake! And why are exactly goblins so popular for several classes and for specific content...? Think really hard and you will surely figure it out.

If they think it's game breaking, they will double nerf the speed and make it a 20 min CD. They won't disable a racial, they never did and never will. We already have races with racials that can be potentially game breaking. Ever saw a 5x night elft teams in M+ internationals? Guess why, cupcake! And why are exactly goblins so popular for several classes and for specific content...? Think really hard and you will surely figure it out.
    Fuck sakes, did maybe disabling the racial until you unlock pathfinder for that expansion never occur to you?

The only way they disable dragon flying is if it’s a massive failure anyway which doesn’t seem to be the case.

But your brain seriously works in such a way that you think that they would rather just nerf the racial so much that it’s essentially useless everywhere compared to just doing what they have always done and waiting for you to unlock pathfinder?

Dude…. You’ve got to be joking me.

Fuck sakes, did maybe disabling the racial until you unlock pathfinder for that expansion never occur to you?

The only way they disable dragon flying is if it’s a massive failure anyway which doesn’t seem to be the case.

But your brain seriously works in such a way that you think that they would rather just nerf the racial so much that it’s essentially useless everywhere compared to just doing what they have always done and waiting for you to unlock pathfinder?

Dude…. You’ve got to be joking me.
    They are already doing what I'm saying - they are already nerfing it. But you can believe their bullshit explanation if you really prefer to.

They are already doing what I'm saying - they are already nerfing it. But you can believe their bullshit explanation if you really prefer to.
    They are nerfing it because they think it’s too fast in the old world, you’re saying they are nerfing it and should nerf it more because they will eventually take away dragon flying and only allow dracthyr to fly in the next expansion, which is hilarious dumb.

They are nerfing it because they think it’s too fast in the old world, you’re saying they are nerfing it and should nerf it more because they will eventually take away dragon flying and only allow dracthyr to fly in the next expansion, which is hilarious dumb.
    Ok cupcake, I guess nerfing a 5 min racial in the old world content is super smart, aight? Totally legit reason to nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The pre-nerf speed looked so fun; the post-nerf speed makes me wonder why even use Soar/Dragonriding at all now.
    i mean, soar is still much faster than regular flying and dragonriding is faster and much more engaging than soar (and i dont think we have even seen the fully upgraded dragonriding yet) so... seems the reason to use it pre-nerf and post-nerf remained the same...

Ok cupcake, I guess nerfing a 5 min racial in the old world content is super smart, aight? Totally legit reason to nerf it.
    That’s literally what they said. Did you read their post? That’s word for word what they fucking said. Are you really this dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Not playing one, never wanted to, still kinda confused they took something fun out of them that some people liked.
    they havent actualy, its still there, still fun, just slower

That’s literally what they said. Did you read their post? That’s word for word what they fucking said. Are you really this dumb?
    And you believe them, cause it's a totally legit reason to nerf it, right? Like a super smart move to do. Right?

And you believe them, cause it's a totally legit reason to nerf it, right? Like a super smart move to do. Right?
    So you think blizzard is lying about their reason the nerf and they have this epic plan to remove dragon riding after dragonflight, yet still keep dracthyr racial in tact so they are the only ones that can fly, and instead of just disabling it until pathfinder is unlocked they are just going to keep nerfing it until it’s essentially useless.

Did I catch all of those thoughts correctly?

So you think blizzard is lying about their reason the nerf and they have this epic plan to remove dragon riding after dragonflight, yet still keep dracthyr racial in tact so they are the only ones that can fly, and instead of just disabling it until pathfinder is unlocked they are just going to keep nerfing it until it’s essentially useless.

Why are you trying so hard to avoid answering my questions...? Are my questions too difficult for you to answer?

Why are you trying so hard to avoid answering my questions...? Are my questions too difficult for you to answer?
    Yes, I do believe that the reason they gave us for the nerf is the reason that they nerfed it. I see no reason as to why they would lie about the reason that they would nerf it. Which is why I think it’s a dumb change. Hence why I don’t think it should be nerfed. That’s how I arrived at my opinion.

Now answer mine.

Yes, I do believe that the reason they gave us for the nerf is the reason that they nerfed it. I see no reason as to why they would lie about the reason that they would nerf it. Which is why I think it’s a dumb change. Hence why I don’t think it should be nerfed. That’s how I arrived at my opinion.
    So it's totally legit to nerf it cause of a dumb reason concerning old content no one cares about, because they told you so, but somehow it's impossible they'd nerf it cause of future content, because I told you so? Is that correct?

So it's totally legit to nerf it cause of a dumb reason concerning old content no one cares about, because they told you so, but somehow it's impossible they'd nerf it cause of future content, because I told you so? Is that correct?
    It’s not a totally legit reason, I think it’s a dumb reason. But I believe them when they say that’s the reason they nerfed it. This isn’t the first time they have done something like that.

And yes your theory that I outlined that I’m assuming you agree with becasue you haven’t corrected it is fucking borderline insane.

Yes I believe both of those things to be true

It’s not a totally legit reason, I think it’s a dumb reason. But I believe them when they say that’s the reason they nerfed it. This isn’t the first time they have done something like that.

And yes your theory that I outlined that I’m assuming you agree with becasue you haven’t corrected it is fucking borderline insane.

Yes I believe both of those things to be true
    Oh sweet summer child, you really are new to the game if you take Blizzard's words for granted.

Oh sweet summer child, you really are new to the game if you take Blizzard's words for granted.
    So you actually do believe the argument I described?

So you actually do believe the argument I described?
    I believe they'd rather nerf it to be safe in the future than because of some old content bullshit.
    But even if they did, they'd never tell you that, because Blizzard never EVER speaks about future content (before anything is actually announced). They've learned it the hard way, and if they do something because of future concers, they won't tell you.