Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Do people seriously not understand that Dracthyr players would prefer to fly with their own wings in current content, rather than have a speed advantage in the old world?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Because something fun is made less fun for the sake of balance where it's not needed.
    Is it really so so much less fun that we need to have the biggest crying party on MMO-C this decade?

    Fuck me this player base has become a bunch of entitled whiners.
    Its still really fast, it will still be 'fun' to zoom around the old world way faster then everyone else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #23
    Thanks but I don't want to feel like I'm gimping myself for not having Drakthyr alt to farm old content more efficiently (things like rares, mounts, transmogs, old raids, old achivments, old world mats).

    Also blizzards reasoning sounds more logical and eloquent than literally every negative post in this thread, y'all sound like angry kids.

  4. #24
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is a really fair point honestly.

    People keep saying "but no one's complaining!" but I'd be willing to bet that the moment it goes live, you'll see the complaints start.

    Also Chromie Time is going to scale to level 60 in Dragonflight.
    So yeah it's a fair point that Dracthyr would be able to exploit that to quickly grab rares and what not in Chromie Time far faster than any other classes.
    But don’t they start at level 58? So what they do Chromie Time for 2 whole levels currently and then are booted out?

  5. #25
    Doesn't Soar have a 5 minute cooldown? Who cares if it's faster to grab a single herb or get to a pet battle if it'll take you five minutes before you can fly again?

  6. #26
    Personally I think it is horseshit. I think they should get rid of the whole SOAR thing and increased flying speed

    OR and hear me out

    It would only be fair to give panda's a racial that is infinite roll with 640% roll speed.

    Fuk these stupid dragons, who do they think they are?

  7. #27
    And its begun. Just like I warned the dumbfucks months ago. Blizzard feeding you a bunch of bullshit only to take it away because GUESS WHAT WILL BE THE HEADLINE OF PATCH 10.1.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering.
    This only applies to Herbalism, and really only to Tauren because of the racial that has them take only half a second to grab a node. But they still had to land on the ground to do it, they have never been able to be in the air and hit an herb node. And it's nowhere near a problem as it was prior to Legion (or maybe WoD) when they made nodes universal and just despawn X amount of seconds after the first tap. So, in a sense, it has been "fixed" for at least six years now.

    It does not apply to Mining because they still have to revert to caster form in order to mine.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    It's understandable since the reasoning for the nerf was so terrible. It's a 5m CD that honestly more than anything else would show players how cool all the routes are in the old world, people were already making little mini stunt videos on the alpha build of dracthyr soaring through cool routes in azeroth. I just don't know why you'd ever nerf player convenience, especially a 5 minute racial trait so it's not like dracthyr would be infinitely flying at that speed everywhere 24/7. Now if blizz said they were nerfing their speed in PvP or something, like them soaring from lumber mill to other points way faster than blizz would like so just in that type of content it'd be nerfed I would be fine with that. But leveling, pet battling, farming transmog. Really? THAT was the reason?
    How long does the actual flight last though? I mean you keep saying about it being 5 minutes but if the effect is even half of that at double speed it's a bit ridiculous, but in reality it only according to them is because of the old world so who really cares? I honestly don't get the rationale behind it anyway but saying the whole cd only matters when stated in combination with the duration.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    But don’t they start at level 58? So what they do Chromie Time for 2 whole levels currently and then are booted out?
    I mean, maybe even less if their starting zone gives them a level or so. I'm assuming it's possible though if Blizzard mentioned it.

    Unless there's a weird option to skip their starting area or pick another way, which I'm not sure they'd do just yet.

  11. #31
    If its a problem, why not allow the dragonflight mounts be used in older zones? Its clearly possible since dracthyr can do it?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    But don’t they start at level 58? So what they do Chromie Time for 2 whole levels currently and then are booted out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, maybe even less if their starting zone gives them a level or so. I'm assuming it's possible though if Blizzard mentioned it.

    Unless there's a weird option to skip their starting area or pick another way, which I'm not sure they'd do just yet.
    It makes sense that if they start at 58, that their starting zone would take them to 60 so they can hop straight into the dragon isles. Would be extremely annoying if that wasn't the case.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is it really so so much less fun that we need to have the biggest crying party on MMO-C this decade?

    Fuck me this player base has become a bunch of entitled whiners.
    Its still really fast, it will still be 'fun' to zoom around the old world way faster then everyone else.
    Jesus, it's hardly as bad as you describe it. If it was really that bad this thread would've been 20 pages not 2.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Do people seriously not understand that Dracthyr players would prefer to fly with their own wings in current content, rather than have a speed advantage in the old world?
    *Coughs in Demon Hunter*

  14. #34
    Getting upset about changes in Alpha, or even Beta, is really very silly. Just because something was in the game here doesn't mean it's going to stick around.

    If you don't like losing these things, don't pay attention to Alpha or Beta.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

  15. #35
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it's dumb change with dumb justification (especially Chromie Time, for the whole 2 levels of Evoker they will use it, if at all).

    The bottom line is what exactly 960% speed actually broke there? Their reasoning being: "Dracthyr have a drastic efficiency advantage over characters of other races when doing non-Dragon Isles content, whether that’s Chromie Time quests, clearing old raids for transmog, pet battling, etc" is frankly does not even soar, because quite honestly - who the fuck really cares you get to old raid or pet battle faster once per 5 mins.
    Just think about it for a moment, here.

    Dragonflight will be the current expansion in around half a year, where everyone will be "dragon riding", so this change technically doesn't affect much, since 90% of the playerbase will be flying in the Dragon Isles and not too much in the other zones.

    However... think about how this will feel in the next expansion, and the expansions after that. When everyone is once again restricted to their virgin 410% flying mounts when doing end-game content, while the dracthyr would still have the chad 930% flight speed. That's over two times the speed of the fastest flying mount outside of the Dragon Isles. And even with this change, they're still almost twice as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It makes sense that if they start at 58, that their starting zone would take them to 60 so they can hop straight into the dragon isles. Would be extremely annoying if that wasn't the case.
    I mean, you can start almost every expansion at the X8 level.

    Like you can start Shadowlands at 48.
    But you can't use the Maw skip until 50.

    Because you know. Logic.

  17. #37
    If you're quitting the game because your lizard boy can't fly at 900% speed everywhere, you probably didn't have much compelling reason to play the game in the first place and you're just using this as a reason to do something you would've done anyway.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is it really so so much less fun that we need to have the biggest crying party on MMO-C this decade?

    Fuck me this player base has become a bunch of entitled whiners.
    Its still really fast, it will still be 'fun' to zoom around the old world way faster then everyone else.
    Part of the reasoning why I am not so quick to return to WoW. I am not big on whiners and crying Karens.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is a really fair point honestly.

    People keep saying "but no one's complaining!" but I'd be willing to bet that the moment it goes live, you'll see the complaints start.

    Also Chromie Time is going to scale to level 60 in Dragonflight.
    So yeah it's a fair point that Dracthyr would be able to exploit that to quickly grab rares and what not in Chromie Time far faster than any other classes.
    When have people not complained about a race or class having something their class or race doesn’t?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you're quitting the game because your lizard boy can't fly at 900% speed everywhere, you probably didn't have much compelling reason to play the game in the first place and you're just using this as a reason to do something you would've done anyway.
    It’s not the mechanical nerf that anyone is upset about. It’s the philosophy behind it. Something was fun. They made it less fun.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you're quitting the game because your lizard boy can't fly at 900% speed everywhere, you probably didn't have much compelling reason to play the game in the first place and you're just using this as a reason to do something you would've done anyway.
    That can legit be used for every minor complaint people bitch about

    I agree its bullshit but hardly the straw that broke the camels back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •