Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It’s not the mechanical nerf that anyone is upset about. It’s the philosophy behind it. Something was fun. They made it less fun.
    That was not the philosophy behind it. Unless you're calling them lairs, and in that case just come out and say it.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    You should probably go see a doctor if you cannot see a difference between those two speeds. That is almost the same speed change difference between a 60% and 100% speed mount.

    OT: I think Soar as it exists is dumb, and if they wanted to give them flying, it should have just been like a druid flight form.
    Except, you know, the part where nothing normally travels that quickly and at some point it's just needless excess. There is absolutely no fucking need for lizard men to fly at 900% speed. 600% speed is still 200% faster than any other mount in the game.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    OT: I think Soar as it exists is dumb, and if they wanted to give them flying, it should have just been like a druid flight form.
    honestly, this, or like running wild worgens have, just for flying, "spread your wing"s or what would you call it, in DF zones theyll use dragonriding anyway as its upgradable unlike the racial...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Except, you know, the part where nothing normally travels that quickly and at some point it's just needless excess. There is absolutely no fucking need for lizard men to fly at 900% speed. 600% speed is still 200% faster than any other mount in the game.
    Ah yes, deflection. One of your forte's.

    My comment was addressing your completely inaccurate statement that the speed difference between 600% and 900% is not percievable.

    To address your revised commend about the speed, yes 900% is excessive and there is no justifiable need to have a single race that can fly at that speed.

    And no 600% is not 200% faster than any other mount speed. It is actually ~50% faster than the 410% speed mounts.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    And no 600% is not 200% faster than any other mount speed. It is actually ~50% faster than the 410% speed mounts.
    well first of all its 640 not 600, but thats detail
    you forget one important thing - first sentance of the post only mention the soar speed being decreased from 930% to 640%, with flying mount being 310% thats twice as much, people would need to read further to see the 100% is included in the 930 and 640 (and obviously 410), but you cant expect people to read blueposts past first sentance, they would have FAR fewer reasons to outrage...
    like the 15 or so page thread about ML coming back, "supported" by wowhead article about interview with Ion where he literaly said its not...

  6. #66
    you are absolutely right and people disagreeing are just bootlicking clowns riding every single storemount.

  7. #67
    Personally, I think Soar and normal Flying should be merged to work together with some kind of toggle during flying, because I think having two competing flying systems is silly anyway.

    But, since Blizzard is having them separate they obviously have to balance between fun and advantage and what they believe is a proper travel time. The main goal behind Soar seems to be to give a more interactive and fun way of flying that feels worth it as an alternative to regular flying without completely eclipsing it. During their Alpha and Beta testing they should obviously be allowed to make changes they feel are healthier for the long term of the game and imo it's silly that so many people are having a fit over having something "taken away" that they never had. With this kind if whining you can see why we get flaccid, fake alphas with basically no room for real feedback and changes.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The racial is still broken as fuck, it still gives 2x+ as much movespeed as epic flying. Get over it. It needs to be nerfed even more as far as I am concerned, or just replaced with something else.
    I think the only question is if they will allow dragon riding in the old world for all other races. If they dont then i understand. They should have seen this coming and just not allowed it in the old world and gave them flightform instead.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yet you rant about it as if its end of the world...
    And here you are, someone who didn't even try to read the post: will it affect me: beside the initial quest experience not, no, but again, this rant is not only about soar, it's about the mindset that blizzard still has: needing to balance a 5 min cd because it could affect chromie time (that is not available for them) and "for future expansions". It's the same shit blizzard always comes up: nerfing fun out of reasons that might affect future use of it. Are you all 5 minutes faster than a regular flying mount: yes, but honestly: does it affect other players: NO. Does it matter in Dragonflight: NO. Are future expansions affected by it: NO (since they can always if even necessary nerf this ability just for the new zones).

    So why does blizzard then do it: because of their own, unlogical reasons, not because of something that actually makes sense. And this is what makes me worried; blizzard is again on their own trip; something that brought us Azerite Armor and Convenant abilities (that i initially was in favor for, but not with this discrepancies in damage that they actually provided).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    To address your revised commend about the speed, yes 900% is excessive and there is no justifiable need to have a single race that can fly at that speed.
    And still does it affect you: NOPE. And 900% is that what you get with dragonflying; so instead of removing it from soar, blizzard should instead unlock it for all zones for every player, period.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And still does it affect you: NOPE. And 900% is that what you get with dragonflying; so instead of removing it from soar, blizzard should instead unlock it for all zones for every player, period.
    I mean it could...what if we were both trying to race around Pandaland to kill rares for mounts, and you are Soaring to them faster than me. Now I can't have a chance at any rares because you can flat out beat me to them all. Or any other zone with Rares that drop mounts T_T

    It's just not fair!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I mean it could...what if we were both trying to race around Pandaland to kill rares for mounts, and you are Soaring to them faster than me. Now I can't have a chance at any rares because you can flat out beat me to them all. Or any other zone with Rares that drop mounts T_T

    It's just not fair!
    Yes, but Paladins have right now 20% faster flying with aura, DKs too, druids can instantly switch into flying form, and even nerfed soar will be faster. It wasn't fair to begin with. So instead unlock Dragonflight in old zones, this would not only be more fun, but make it fair for everyone, it's as simple as that.

    And it's not that you could create one for yourself; because for rare-hunt you already take every advantage you have and every class that gives you an advantage, so where's the difference?
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-07-31 at 08:13 AM.

  12. #72
    this is why alpha should really only be completely internal and under NDA without streamers. if dracthyr launched at the reduced speed nobody would be crying about it. its like when blizzard did some patch and something is clearly broken, gets fixed and the Karens immediately start whining blizzard is killing fun. blizz has killed a lot of fun over time, but this isnt one of them especially as its ALPHA.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    No one tell this guy about Vulpera. Or Mages. He might explode.
    I know about both lol There is a bit of a difference. Fun fact I also have the Challenge mode ports from MoP and WoD so I get to be kind of my own little mage sometimes.

  14. #74
    Stood in the Fire Lionwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Catalonia
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering. They really haven't nerfed it regardless of all the complaints. Half the damn bots out there are druids for that reason specifically. Them nerfing Soar so that its STILL faster than epic flying for all other races isn't remotely close to something worth complaining about. The fact that its even warranting this post shows how petty and whiny the WoW playerbase is.
    That's what I've been saying and with it's increased perception of nodes and plant racial Drac'thyr will be broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Not gonna happen because Blizzard is gonna say "it's to hard to make a female model". Because they're terrified of creating females who are not cutesexy and disappointing the wanker segment of the playerbase.

  15. #75
    Yeah man, fuck balance, lets create more unbalanced things, for retarded situations because Little Billy on mmo-champion wants to pretend he is a dragon!

    Damn evil Blizzard and their nerfs.

    If the nerf happened its because it will affect balance long term at relevant content, not because of the shitty excuse they used, use brain please.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Ah yes, deflection. One of your forte's.

    My comment was addressing your completely inaccurate statement that the speed difference between 600% and 900% is not percievable.

    To address your revised commend about the speed, yes 900% is excessive and there is no justifiable need to have a single race that can fly at that speed.

    And no 600% is not 200% faster than any other mount speed. It is actually ~50% faster than the 410% speed mounts.
    It isn't deflection when that was the purpose of the original comment which you clearly didn't care to interpret. We aren't even disagreeing, you just want to make some weird pedantic observation about the way I phrased my post. You do you, I guess.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Because something fun is made less fun for the sake of balance where it's not needed.
    Yeah, the only "issue" people had with it was that it was very fun and they wished for a shorter CD

    They managed to make something enjoyable enough that people asked to be able to do it even more often, and their answer was to make it less good

  18. #78
    I don't understand why people whines to be honest.

    It still good, it's still superior to regular flying, and most of you people never tested it on the Alpha cause you're not in it. How can you judge if its less fun than before?

    Most of those who do not follow the Alpha nor the new race will experience it with the nerf and will still find it good....

    "I'm not playing the Alpha but the speed of something that I have not tested has been nerfed a bit so it MUST be less fun than before even if I never tested it "

    I really, really don't understand and this kind of reaction is jumping the shark.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I don't understand why people whines to be honest.

    It still good, it's still superior to regular flying, and most of you people never tested it on the Alpha cause you're not in it. How can you judge if its less fun than before?

    Most of those who do not follow the Alpha nor the new race will experience it with the nerf and will still find it good....

    "I'm not playing the Alpha but the speed of something that I have not tested has been nerfed a bit so it MUST be less fun than before even if I never tested it "

    I really, really don't understand and this kind of reaction is jumping the shark.
    It's still going in the complete wrong direction when most of the feedback was how it was needlessly weak compared to real dragonriding, both in terms of the 5 minute cooldown, and also because of it staying at the base version. Now it's even weaker, and still has the 5 minute cooldown.

    It's not even necessarily the objective fun of it, but rather how extremely flimsy the justification is. Being more efficient at farming transmog is hardly a good justification when you can already do extremely powerful stuff like teleport to dungeon entrances, use mage teleports, or use the vulpera ability to hearth to anywhere or the Dark Iron Dwarf mole machine whenever.

    If the argument is that Dragonriding will eventually disappear then sure, but nothing implies it's anything but the most well received and anticipated mechanics of the expansion so far, and most players with interest in the open world seems to love it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #80
    Just give Dracthyr soar as another dragon riding mount with all of its benefits and limitations, I'd rather be able to fly with my own wings through current content and have to ride a silly mount on the odd occasion that I'm in another continent.
    You can trust me blizz, I'll still collect the dragon appearances for my other characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •