Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Just give Dracthyr soar as another dragon riding mount with all of its benefits and limitations, I'd rather be able to fly with my own wings through current content and have to ride a silly mount on the odd occasion that I'm in another continent.
    You can trust me blizz, I'll still collect the dragon appearances for my other characters.
    If current soar was just a very niche instant flight racial alongside a proper dragonriding equivalent that didn't have a cooldown and functioned exactly like a dragonriding mount then this change would have made sense at least.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If current soar was just a very niche instant flight racial alongside a proper dragonriding equivalent that didn't have a cooldown and functioned exactly like a dragonriding mount then this change would have made sense at least.
    Yeah, I think that's really what's bothering most people rather than "Oh noes, only 640% speed!!"

What is the rationale for nerf? It is 5 min fast dragonriding CD. Like who gives a fuck if Drakthyrs fly faster every so often?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They know more about why people quit the game than you do, all you know is why you quit, so you're wrong right there from the start.
    If they know why people quit, why can't they stop it?

Mage portals/teleports better be removed. No class should be able to get across the world so fast. Someone think of all the pet battles bypassed by a portal.

I agree with the main idea of the OP though. Blizzard developers have not changed. They still resent players with every fiber of their being.

While I think 'fun detected, fun nerfed' is an over-used mantra by people enjoying things that are broken and negatively impact other players around them...this was literally harming no one.

Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Mage portals/teleports better be removed. No class should be able to get across the world so fast. Someone think of all the pet battles bypassed by a portal.
    Think of all the transmog/mount runs a mage can get done with their ports!
    I can just jump from The Firelands straight to the Vale and run SoO! Then after that I jump to Dalaran and knock out Nighthold and ToS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Think of all the transmog/mount runs a mage can get done with their ports!
    I can just jump from The Firelands straight to the Vale and run SoO! Then after that I jump to Dalaran and knock out Nighthold and ToS!
    Wtf! By the time you are done with one I'm still flying to the first on my lame'o Warrior!

we had many many times that when people didnt complain loudly in alpha and sayd eh its just alpha its going to be fixed or changed
    and that those exact things went into live like that and only got changed a few patches into the expansion or maybe never

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They know more about why people quit the game than you do, all you know is why you quit, so you're wrong right there from the start.
    Are you sure they know? They seem like rookies that bearly understand anything anymore about human beings.

Here's an example. They are netfing that one tank trinket any tank who was half serious about M+ had. So they decide to nerf ALL tanks that have played S3. The explanation they give is that there will be a bunch of new tanks that never played in S3 but will play in S4 and thet will feel disatvantaged they don't have that ilvl 272-278 trinket.
    So to reiterate, they believe that it's ok to upset all tanks who played in S3 who are sticking around for S4, because they don't want to upset who? Who are these many many tanks that never showed up in S3 but will in S4, who are so competitive in a funsie rehashed season that they will whine that the trinkets they can get at 304 aren't good enough, that somehow will suffer because some other tanks have this trinket and they can't get it. All of this in summer, when people are on less than ever.
    Why don't they buff new trinkets then? Who would be upset about that? It would just take more work on their part.

No, I don't think Blizz knows anything anymore. I think they have very weak reasoning and don't think things through anymore. They just puck the solution to a potential issue that means the least amount of work for them, even if it upsets many people.
    I think they think the nerfs aren't worth quitting over, but you upset ppl in a game one too many times and they start realizing it's a game and not worth it. You play for fun, not to get disappointed.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-07-31 at 05:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    You just don't understand, blizzard has to nerf it. I mean, just imagine the horror of having 0.000069% more efficiency in doing pet battles! Has that ever crossed your mind? Of course not. You don't have the 200IQ blizzard has.
    bro you really think 3x faster then flight is that low of an efficiency increase?

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Yeah, I think that's really what's bothering most people rather than "Oh noes, only 640% speed!!"
    If your surprised that Blizzard wants you to interact with one of the big expansion features then boy do I have a bridge to sell you.

Blizzard will not give the new race an ability that lets them ignore Dragonriding. Period, end of.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I think people are overreacting to this so hard. They said themselves, that Soar was making people go twice as fast as an epic flying mount and they nerfed it by a little less than 1/3rd so you're still going to be going faster than an epic flying mount with Soar. I don't really care that they removed it nor would I care if they kept it, but acting like this is a sign that Blizzard is going to ruin Dragonflight is pretty melodramatic.

Yes. Because it's a 5 min cd. And you don't go from 0 - 900% like with normal mounts, you actually have to build up speed and try to fly. The actual advantage Soar provides, even pre nerf, is extremely negligible in a practical scenario.

I wonder, if this is going to derail the thread into streamer hate and all that...

While he talks about the soar change, it has a take on the way blizz changes things.

I also think, on his stream he said that the soar change isnt actually a big deal, but thats not in this youtube video.

I have two main irks with this.

1) Dragon-riding is a big pull of the expansion; for a lot of people, it’s the thing they’re looking forward to most. The potential to utilise dragon riding globally before it’s inevitably brought into the base game will be one of the main reasons that a lot of players will even roll Dracthyr. This nerf removes that desire; Maybe that’s a good thing. I personally don’t see how it hurts anyone whenever they’re blatantly going to introduce full speed dragon riding to old content down the line and other classes already have significant ‘advantages’ in the world (mage/Druid primarily). I would argue that both of these classes offer far more of an ‘advantage’ than soar with regards to old world utility.

2) It’s hypocritical. They talk about wanting to balance the racials yet they allow, for example, orcs to dominate the horde arena ladder and have done so for many years. A 20% stun reduction literally changes how you have to fight against your enemy and not having it can genuinely be throwing games.

There are a few other racials that compete; but why is it that Blizzard refuses to address the racials that actually affect combat (significantly), and then somehow have the gall to use the term ‘unfair advantage’ in their reasoning for their nerf of a FUN racial. I'll tell you why there's always 'OP' racials - Because players are sheep and when they hear that a race is the best, they race change, generating revenue. Guess what? You can't race change to Dracthyr.

I just don’t understand the logic in the slightest; and I have zero intent on rolling Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think people are overreacting to this so hard. They said themselves, that Soar was making people go twice as fast as an epic flying mount and they nerfed it by a little less than 1/3rd so you're still going to be going faster than an epic flying mount with Soar. I don't really care that they removed it nor would I care if they kept it, but acting like this is a sign that Blizzard is going to ruin Dragonflight is pretty melodramatic.
    It’s just entirely unnecessary - the speed was what it was because that’s the speed dragon riding goes to; it made sense for it to match it.

Is the change the end of the world? No. But if it’s such an unfair advantage and the tech is there, why can’t we just get dragon riding in the old world instead?
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2022-07-31 at 06:02 PM.

Blizzard took a huge L with that change at least with that excuse.

I hope they do change it back. Nonetheless, I honestly don't care that much either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If your surprised that Blizzard wants you to interact with one of the big expansion features then boy do I have a bridge to sell you.

Blizzard will not give the new race an ability that lets them ignore Dragonriding. Period, end of.

Literally no one was ignoring dragonriding because they had their racial ability. It is a worse version of dragon riding. It is however the only "form" of dragonriding that works in old content.

Meanwhile my Zandalari has a 15 minute cooldown slowfall.

Bad change overall even if its massively overblown. You can tell from reading these comments people were just foaming at the mouth waiting for Blizzard to do something the community didn't like just to bring out the pitchforks again. Hopefully they just allow dragonriding everywhere and we all win...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Again, litterally what I'm asking is to be allowed to interact with the mechanic like everyone else, just using my character's model instead of the dragon riding drakes. Take soar away from the old world, I'll never be there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What is the rationale for nerf? It is 5 min fast dragonriding CD. Like who gives a fuck if Drakthyrs fly faster every so often?

- - - Updated - - -

If they know why people quit, why can't they stop it?
    Because the playerbase is made up of hundreds of mini-audiences who often want literally opposite things and anything they do is going to offend someone who feels they're not being personally catered to. Just look at the flying vs no flying audiences. Thousands of pages of posts where people proclaim their opinion as the only good game design and doing anything else is wrong or out of touch or proves Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing etc etc.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.