Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    This is nothing new , this is why you can’t believe anything that blizzard says or what is going on in alpha that is currently fun because by launch the fun will be removed and it just be frustrating, clunky and nerfed to the ground because blizzard still doesn’t understand what fun is. Nerfing soar is one of most likely many things attached to DF that will be merged to crap by launch.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Are you sure they know? They seem like rookies that bearly understand anything anymore about human beings.

    Here's an example. They are netfing that one tank trinket any tank who was half serious about M+ had. So they decide to nerf ALL tanks that have played S3. The explanation they give is that there will be a bunch of new tanks that never played in S3 but will play in S4 and thet will feel disatvantaged they don't have that ilvl 272-278 trinket.
    So to reiterate, they believe that it's ok to upset all tanks who played in S3 who are sticking around for S4, because they don't want to upset who? Who are these many many tanks that never showed up in S3 but will in S4, who are so competitive in a funsie rehashed season that they will whine that the trinkets they can get at 304 aren't good enough, that somehow will suffer because some other tanks have this trinket and they can't get it. All of this in summer, when people are on less than ever.
    Why don't they buff new trinkets then? Who would be upset about that? It would just take more work on their part.

    No, I don't think Blizz knows anything anymore. I think they have very weak reasoning and don't think things through anymore. They just puck the solution to a potential issue that means the least amount of work for them, even if it upsets many people.
    I think they think the nerfs aren't worth quitting over, but you upset ppl in a game one too many times and they start realizing it's a game and not worth it. You play for fun, not to get disappointed.
    See above. You have anecdotes. They have data on millions of players. Someone is going to be upset about anything they do, because Blizz is agreeing with the other guy who wants something different. You can gather up 100 people who support your argument. Someone else can just as easily gather up 100 of those tanks who won't want to come back if they didn't do it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I wonder, if this is going to derail the thread into streamer hate and all that...

    While he talks about the soar change, it has a take on the way blizz changes things.



    I also think, on his stream he said that the soar change isnt actually a big deal, but thats not in this youtube video.
    It is especially funny because it's true.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    See above. You have anecdotes. They have data on millions of players. Someone is going to be upset about anything they do, because Blizz is agreeing with the other guy who wants something different. You can gather up 100 people who support your argument. Someone else can just as easily gather up 100 of those tanks who won't want to come back if they didn't do it.
    For their "data on millions of players" they time and again keep making absolutely idiotic decisions that anyone who gives even a bit of damn can see going to be absolute shit.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  4. #104
    I really feel like the solution was just to allow dragonriding everywhere and make drakthyr's soar just be their dragon riding mount (or at least be an option for it like worgens running wild or whatever its called). Seriously, its open world stuff in the old world, who cares if everyone is flying around at 930% speed with this new system (which actually seems really good from what I've seen). Blizzard always seems to hate fun in their own game. It's just bizarre
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2022-07-31 at 10:30 PM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    640 vs 410 is not 2x your math might need some work and it does have a cd. Its fine at 640, it gives a fun racial for out of combat class fantasy without being obnoxiously faster then everyone else. Mind you mages have had teleports since vanilla which is faster then soar be it only puts you in select locations.

    - - - Updated - - -



    nah the blue post is fine, it is a less significant advantage but still fun at the reduced rate and worth using. Kind of what racials are supposed to be in current wow.
    I don't know where you're pulling 410 from, epic flying is 280%

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I really feel like the solution was just to allow dragonriding everywhere and make drakthyr's soar just be their dragon riding mount
    I really don't understand why they opted for this convoluted soar system instead. It'd make more sense if they started at lvl 1 and had a reason to make the advantage in the old world appealing at all, but they don't and protecting the dragon fantasy in the dragon isles just looks like it has more value

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't know where you're pulling 410 from, epic flying is 280%
    You might want to check your math. It's 410% move speed even confirmed by Blizzard in the blue post this very thread is about.


    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    However, this isn’t the case in other areas of the game where flying mounts are the mainstay of travel. In Eastern Kingdoms, Soar is currently over twice as fast as Epic Flying which travels at 410% speed.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't know where you're pulling 410 from, epic flying is 280%
    280 is old school. Max has been 310 since Cata I believe. (a 310% increase, so plus the base 100% its 410%).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't know where you're pulling 410 from, epic flying is 280%
    you clearly didnt read the post, 310% is purchasable from the trainer + 100% base speed = *drumroll* 410%

  10. #110
    I don't agree.

    I am glad they think of all players and not only the ones playing the new class.

    Now... what they could do is unlock dragonflight flying for everyone in all zones. But, i suppose their old engine can't cope, so they nerf everyone equally, which is fair.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-07-31 at 10:50 PM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    280 is old school. Max has been 310 since Cata I believe. (a 310% increase, so plus the base 100% its 410%).
    Perhaps an unnecessary clarification, but 310% has been the max since BC. Initially, mount speed was not based on riding skill, but tied to the mount itself. In BC most epic flying mounts were 280%, but several more prestigious mounts (Ashes of Al'ar, the Arena Drakes) were 310%. Similarly, in Wrath, most of the achievement drakes (raiding meta protodrakes, holiday meta purple protodrake, etc.) were 310%.

    What Cata did was normalize mount speeds so that instead the speed came from your training level. As part of that, 310% was made a purchasable training level, since mounts no longer had their own speed but adjust to yours.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    bro you really think 3x faster then flight is that low of an efficiency increase?
    A speed that requires build-up, a mildly elevated starting position, is on a 5 min cooldown and that likely stops whenever you land to actually do something like pick herbs or turn in a quest? Yeah, it's not really more impactful than Mage portals or Druid flight form for instance.

    I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over this or anything, but for once it really does seem like a case of Fun Detected, Fun Nerfed.

    It's also easy fodder for streamers and their followers to start another torches-and-pitchforks fest over this. Blizzard should know better than to do stuff like that by now.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  13. #113
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes, but Paladins have right now 20% faster flying with aura, DKs too, druids can instantly switch into flying form
    You can't compare the 20% bonus to mount speed from paladins and DKs to the 200+% bonus the dracthyr have. Using the example of Pandaria from the poster you responded to, by the time the paladin/dk reaches one end of Pandaria, I, a non-paladin/dk, would be still roughly 5% of the distance away from reaching him. But a dracthyr? By the time it reaches the end of Pandaria, I, as a paladin/dk, would be 32% away from reaching the dracthyr!

    5% vs 32% distance difference. How's that for a difference in speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Mage portals/teleports better be removed. No class should be able to get across the world so fast. Someone think of all the pet battles bypassed by a portal.
    I also think the 10% additional rep humans get and the indoor speed maghar have is very problematic, I feel totally pressured to swap race now!!11
    Or how the troll racial is like 1% better on bursty classes compared to the average so you have to take that into account since they kill stuff faster!!!1
    Goblin jumps and voidelf teleport on mobile classes make everything else unplayable!, you are literally griefing if you don't pick those!!11231



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You can't compare the 20% bonus to mount speed from paladins and DKs to the 200+% bonus the dracthyr have. Using the example of Pandaria from the poster you responded to, by the time the paladin/dk reaches one end of Pandaria, I, a non-paladin/dk, would be still roughly 5% of the distance away from reaching him. But a dracthyr? By the time it reaches the end of Pandaria, I, as a paladin/dk, would be 32% away from reaching the dracthyr!

    5% vs 32% distance difference. How's that for a difference in speed?
    Bro, don't look up what mage portals are.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    A speed that requires build-up, a mildly elevated starting position, is on a 5 min cooldown and that likely stops whenever you land to actually do something like pick herbs or turn in a quest? Yeah, it's not really more impactful than Mage portals or Druid flight form for instance.

    I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over this or anything, but for once it really does seem like a case of Fun Detected, Fun Nerfed.

    It's also easy fodder for streamers and their followers to start another torches-and-pitchforks fest over this. Blizzard should know better than to do stuff like that by now.
    Except for the minor detail where this is on the fucking Alpha build of the game where a grand total of 11 players ever got to experience the unnerfed speed in the first place. This kind of knee jerk reactionary nonsense is the entire reason developers keep certain elements of the game under wraps for so long. This community cannot understand the concept of balancing and the only thing they know is "number go down = BAD."

  16. #116
    I would argue it's a bad change not because of the reasoning behind it, but because 640 is not enough for a 5 minute cooldown on a system that requires actual thought and effort to get to the max speed, is very easy to fuck up (wonky hitboxes, trees, etc.), and goes against the design of the old world so it will be doubly frustrating to get to those speed levels. So that's the real problem.

    And obviously, they should just make dragonriding available everywhere. Didn't we have this exact same scenario in SL with covenant abilities only usable in SL zones? And of course they changed it because it was a terrible, unfun restriction nobody wanted. There are still pros and cons to using dragonriding vs regular flying and they should let players make that choice. The game clearly allows it and it's obvious to anybody who's played the game in the last 6 years that it's something they will inevitably add anyways. So why are we playing this dog and pony show? We know and they know they're going to do it in 10.1 or beyond, why not just do it now then?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2022-08-01 at 12:26 AM.

  17. #117
    Stood in the Fire Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    370
    Blizzard's first mistake was making the racial nerfable in the first place. Had it been the nerfed number from the beginning and remained unchanged, a lot less people would complain. Similarly, if they just kept the original numbers, it would generally be viewed as ultimately trivial overall. The fact that it was changed means people will gripe for sake of griping, regardless of how ultimately trivial the change is on the gameplay front.

  18. #118
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Bro, don't look up what mage portals are.
    Call me when mage portals can take me from the Temple of the Jade Serpent in Jade Forest to Halfhill in the Valley of the Four Winds. Oh, wait. they can't. Because mage portals only go to major cities. So if I don't want to go to major cities, they're useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Except for the minor detail where this is on the fucking Alpha build of the game where a grand total of 11 players ever got to experience the unnerfed speed in the first place. This kind of knee jerk reactionary nonsense is the entire reason developers keep certain elements of the game under wraps for so long. This community cannot understand the concept of balancing and the only thing they know is "number go down = BAD."
    You have to understand that these people have nothing else in their life except for the feeling of community they get when they complain about this game online. They get to feel like they're surrounded by like-minded people when they post here or sit in Twitch chat or whatever AND they get to feel like they're important and the reason that something in-game changed, if it ever does. Combine that with a general lack of understanding regarding reality (i.e. how a business works, how software development works, how confirmation bias works, how large numbers work, etc) and you get the mind-numbing dross that is the constant whinging about this game.

    It's not even new, either. These are the same types of people who were calling things a "slap in the face" back in Vanilla, complaining that there hadn't been a Hunter patch yet or that weather wasn't in every zone and that Age of Conan/Warhammer Online/Rift/Tera/whatever was going to "kill WoW" because Blizzard had no idea what they were doing. They just weren't around back then, so they feel like their specific complaint is the real deal and they've identified something no one else has.

  20. #120
    Oh no, a dead game changed something in a way that would not have saved it anyway. Geez guys, it's time to let go of WoW and either find a better game or do something that matters like finding a good woman and having a family.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •